Riley Cooper....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley Cooper....

Here is an intriguing prospect that seems to be coming on at the right time, a player who has a ton of "upside". 6'3 215lbs...anywhere from sub 4.4 to low 4.5 times have been assigned to him (the combine will sort that out, I'm guessing low 4.4....how's 4.42 as my estimate) that type of speed with that size should, in a fair world, put him in the same breath as Arrelious Benn & Dez Bryant, both players who supposedly are projected to be low to mid 1st round picks even though neither one of them has the production to match the hype they both receive. Let's just look at the facts, he is big, fast, explosive (check out him running AWAY from the south carolina secondary on his 68 yard TD run this past weekend) with pretty good hands. In my opinion, I would take a Jordan Shipley or a Mardy Gillard before him, because they produced more on the field, even thou he is a better athlete then either of them. If this guy finishes the year strong, and blows up the combine like the Gator coaches are saying he will, should be a solid mid to late 2nd round pick, 3rd round at worst. So, my esteemed colleagues, would you care to venture an opinion on Mr. Cooper?

A White Florida Wide Receiver?

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
    too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

4.56, no way he runs a 4.42 or anything under a 4.5 imo

Comment

Originally posted by danzing1488 View Post
        Arrelious Benn & Dez Bryant, both players who supposedly are projected to be low to mid 1st round picks even though neither one of them has the production to match the hype they both receive.
        Benn has/had three awful QBs his whole career.

Dez put up 17 catches for 323 yards (19.0 per) and four touchdowns in three games this year. He also added a punt return for a TD and averaged 37 ypr. Last season, he was a Biletnikoff finalist with 87 catches, 1,480 yards (17.01 per) and 19 TD, and added two punt returns for TDs and averaged nearly 18 ypr.

Gee, I sure do wish Bryant had produced some in the college game. It's probably just a ploy to keep the white man down. How come you never answered to my post when I replied Wes Welker to your ludicrous claim that "any white player running slower than a 4.6" would be banned from the NFL"?

Comment

I would be fine using a mid round pick on him, but he's not a top round talent. He'll be a reliable NFL player and could be an asset to any team as a depth receiver who is a great blocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post

Dez put up 17 catches for 323 yards (19.0 per) and four touchdowns in three games this year. He also added a punt return for a TD and averaged 37 ypr. Last season, he was a Biletnikoff finalist with 87 catches, 1,480 yards (17.01 per) and 19 TD, and added two punt returns for TDs and averaged nearly 18 ypr.

Gee, I sure do wish Bryant had produced some in the college game. It's probably just a ploy to keep the white man down. How come you never answered to my post when I replied Wes Welker to your ludicrous claim that "any white player running slower than a 4.6" would be banned from the NFL"?
            I'm pretty sure you misunderstood his claim which I believe was that any white skill position player running faster than 4.6 would be blackballed.

Comment

Well sir, despite a stellar college career, Mr. Welker went undrafted & got cut from the Chargers? I think we all would agree right now that Mr. Welker is a top 10 receiver in the league, would you not. I think Welker proves my point about the double standard when it comes to white skill position players, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
                I'm pretty sure you misunderstood his claim which I believe was that any white skill position player running faster than 4.6 would be blackballed.
                No I meant that any white skill position player running a 4.6 or higher time would be banned from the league, even thou for some reason, Aquion Boldin's mid 4.7 time seems to be a-ok for him, and I think, although they possess different skill sets, Welker is neck and neck for the better overall receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  4.56, no way he runs a 4.42 or anything under a 4.5 imo
                  You must be a negro.

Another negro doubting...

Quickness over speed.

Comment

Originally posted by danzing1488 View Post
                    Well sir, despite a stellar college career, Mr. Welker went undrafted & got cut from the Chargers?
                    Timmy Chang went undrafted despite a prolific career at Hawaii. Is the NFL opposed to Asians, too?

I think we all would agree right now that Mr. Welker is a top 10 receiver in the league, would you not.
                    No, I wouldn't. He's the best slot guy in the NFL, but he wouldn't have the numbers if it weren't for Moss. Guys off the top of my head that I'd take before Welker, in no order.

Randy Moss
                    Larry Fitzgerald
                    Calvin Johnson
                    DeSean Jackson
                    Reggie Wayne
                    Andre Johnson
                    Vincent Jackson
                    Steve Smith
                    Roddy White
                    Donald Driver
                    Marques Colston
                    Greg Jennings
                    Anquan Boldin
                    Brandon Marshall

I'm surely forgetting a few.

I think Welker proves my point about the double standard when it comes to white skill position players, not the other way around.
                    He doesn't. Try again.

Comment

Timmy Chang went undrafted despite a prolific career at Hawaii. Is the NFL opposed to Asians, too?

No, I wouldn't. He's the best slot guy in the NFL, but he wouldn't have the numbers if it weren't for Moss. Guys off the top of my head that I'd take before Welker, in no order.

Randy Moss
                      Larry Fitzgerald
                      Calvin Johnson
                      DeSean Jackson
                      Reggie Wayne
                      Andre Johnson
                      Vincent Jackson
                      Steve Smith
                      Roddy White
                      Donald Driver
                      Marques Colston
                      Greg Jennings
                      Anquan Boldin
                      Brandon Marshall

He doesn't. Try again.
                      No sir, with all due respect, your a lost cause.

Comment

Try to stay on topic, I know your attention span must be very short, so get off Welker.....and back on Cooper.....ok?

Comment

Randy Moss
                          Larry Fitzgerald
                          Calvin Johnson
                          DeSean Jackson
                          Reggie Wayne
                          Andre Johnson
                          Vincent Jackson
                          Steve Smith
                          Roddy White
                          Donald Driver
                          Marques Colston
                          Greg Jennings
                          Anquan Boldin
                          Brandon Marshall

He doesn't. Try again.
                          The thing is that Toby Gerhart was barely even a RB. They wouldn't offer him a scholarship as an RB probably because he was white. Only one school did i think, Welker is a great player and Randy Moss does take the pressure off him, but that doesn't mean he sucks. He's still one of the top Receivers.

Comment

It's about more than measurables, danzing. Riley Cooper had a really hard time cracking the lineup at UF. Besides, he doesn't look 6'3 to me at all. And if he runs a sub 4.45, I'd be smacked in the face.

Also, you gotta have production on the field that supports your pre-draft test numbers. Not saying he can't play, but it has nothing to do with his paint job.

EDIT: Apparently the kid is a superior athlete, but I don't think he originally came to UF as a WR. Anyway, why not judge a prospect on his merits instead of making it an issue about color?

Trust me, if you're white, 6'3, 215#, run a 4.3-4.4 and put up big numbers as a WR, the NFL could care less what color you are.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                              It's about more than measurables, danzing. Riley Cooper had a really hard time cracking the lineup at UF. Besides, he doesn't look 6'3 to me at all. And if he runs a sub 4.45, I'd be smacked in the face.

Also, you gotta have production on the field that supports your pre-draft test numbers. Not saying he can't play, but it has nothing to do with his paint job.

EDIT: Apparently the kid is a superior athlete, but I don't think he originally came to UF as a WR. Anyway, why not judge a prospect on his merits instead of making it an issue about color?

Trust me, if you're white, 6'3, 215#, run a 4.3-4.4 and put up big numbers as a WR, the NFL could care less what color you are.
                              Unless you are indian...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information