How Good is Ndamukong Suh Compared Past #1 DT's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Good is Ndamukong Suh Compared Past #1 DT's

How good is he compared to previous years #1 dt's?

In terms of college play, he's better than every single other defensive tackle I've seen.

As a prospect, I think he fairly easily tops any other defensive tackle prospect since 2000.

Comment

Reminds me of Richard Seymour

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Been following college football since early 70's. Top 3 DL I've seen were Lee Roy Selmon, Reggie White and Suh. He just plays. Doesn't have the cool nickname like Big Daddy Wilkinson, or lack of desire like K.Sims. This guy is as close to a sure thing as you'll ever see. You'll be able to build your defense around a guy like him. I just don't think the qb's are all that great. Suh has to be the top pick.

Comment

Best DT in college I've ever seen.
          As a prospect he has everything you really look for. Elite production, good size, insane strength, amazing motor, shows passrush ability, consistently gets out of blocks, good technique, and by all accounts has shown he has leadership ability and has a high football IQ.
          He's in that Calvin Johnson league of super prospects. And like CJ, only way he doesn't go #1 IMO is if someone desperately needs a QB.

Comment

Let's take a look at the list:
            09 - BJ Raji
            08- Glenn Dorsey
            07- Amobi Okoye
            06- Haloti Ngata
            05- Travis Johnson
            04- Tommie Harris
            03- Dewayne Robertson
            02- Ryan Sims
            01- Gerrard Warren
            00-Corey Simon
            99-Anthony McFarland
            98-Michael Myers
            97-Darrell Russell
            96-Daryl Gardener
            95-Warren Sapp

As a pure prospect, I honestly think the only player I'd rate over him is Darrell Russell. You could probably argue Dorsey or Ngata, but I don't think either (even when hyped,) were being talked as Top 3 possibilities or had the dominating performances Suh did. Sapp is what people want/expect him to be, but wasn't the prospect he was. It's just tough to have the size, penetration ability and run stuffing ability Suh has.

Follow Me on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Michael Myers? What?

Anyway, Suh is the best I've ever seen. I would definitely trade Dallas' whole draft for him. Probably more than that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                Let's take a look at the list:
                09 - BJ Raji
                08- Glenn Dorsey
                07- Amobi Okoye
                06- Haloti Ngata
                05- Travis Johnson
                04- Tommie Harris
                03- Dewayne Robertson
                02- Ryan Sims
                01- Gerrard Warren
                00-Corey Simon
                99-Anthony McFarland
                98-Michael Myers
                97-Darrell Russell
                96-Daryl Gardener
                95-Warren Sapp

As a pure prospect, I honestly think the only player I'd rate over him is Darrell Russell. You could probably argue Dorsey or Ngata, but I don't think either (even when hyped,) were being talked as Top 3 possibilities or had the dominating performances Suh did. Sapp is what people want/expect him to be, but wasn't the prospect he was. It's just tough to have the size, penetration ability and run stuffing ability Suh has.
                Not only that, but he's got a non-stop motor, which is always the biggest questionmark when drafting a defensive lineman. He really has no flaws in his game. His lower body could be a little thicker, but that's really nitpicking.

Comment

Id take him #1 overall. Its so hard to find a DT like Suh. Having a DT like that in the middle of your defense makes drafting the rest of your defense a piece of cake. Getting that inside push is priceless.

Qbs come every year. A guy like Suh doesn't.

Comment

If any of the Top 3 teams want to trade down this year they are going to have a lot of options. Teams are going to be killing each other to get to Suh.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

the question is, if you own the #1 pick, do you want to trade it this year?

usually the answer is a resounding yes, but with Suh...do you want to trade it?

very few prospects are so incredible that they're worth the #1 overall pick. im torn right now on my personal answer to that, but I think Suh just might be one of those guys who is worth all that money.

Comment

really, really, really good. I would take him number 1 even if DT wasn't a glaring need. I've never seen an interior lineman dominate like him outside of maybe Haynesworth during his beat mode year and Warren Sapp in his prime. Suh kind of reminds me of a Sapp/Haynesworth highbred in a way.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          the question is, if you own the #1 pick, do you want to trade it this year?

usually the answer is a resounding yes, but with Suh...do you want to trade it?

very few prospects are so incredible that they're worth the #1 overall pick. im torn right now on my personal answer to that, but I think Suh just might be one of those guys who is worth all that money.
                          It's going to be very interesting to see whoever has the #1 pick. I guess it's the Rams right now so I really can't see Spags passing up on Suh. Teams are going to be willing to give up a ton for him though.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            It's going to be very interesting to see whoever has the #1 pick. I guess it's the Rams right now so I really can't see Spags passing up on Suh. Teams are going to be willing to give up a ton for him though.
                            I can. STL has been passing on an QB for D-lineman for years now, not sure they could or would want to do it another year. Now teams like Tampa Bay, Cleveland, they make alot of sense for Suh since they can give their QB more time, but some teams really want to get a QB no matter who it is even if it's a mistake.

If I were STL I'd take Suh and risk sucking another year then go after a QB, but I'm not sure they will.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              And in most cases, even when a player is an incredible talent, you still take the extra picks when you can unless he's a can't miss qb like Peyton Manning.

But this is the one time I can think of where a non qb talent is worth keeping over those picks. Having a DT like him is priceless. They come by every 10 years.

You can always draft a comparable DE later on that can give you much of what the top DE gives you. Ditto for LT, ditto for almost any position.

But having a DT like Suh...how can you give that away? Its almost impossible to do unless you already have a studly defense like the Steelers etc.

Just thinking about what kind of defense you can build around this guy feels so exciting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information