First Scouting Reports!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Scouting Reports!

Just finished my first scouting report of the year!

This year I decided to separate the points with "---" rather than the usual "..."

I just felt like it made them pop out a little bit more. Hopefully you agree!

The goal is to have all of the confirmed Senior Bowl guys done (100) before I leave for Mobile, AL on January 23. In other words look for a bunch of these in the next month or so!
    Last edited by Scott Wright; 12-22-2009, 01:04 PM.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

I do like the --- over the ... . nice report too, i think he could end up being a very good 3-4 DE.
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
      I do like the --- over the ... . nice report too, i think he could end up being a very good 3-4 DE.
      you mean OLB? He's about 40lbs shy of playing 3-4 DE don't you think?

Comment

It works fine. Nice writeup :) Excited about both Graham and more scouting reports.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

All seems pretty fair and accurate to me. Nice job on this one. One thing I did notice though is the Round 2 or 3 part. Not sure if that's a typo. I think he's atleast a top 50 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
            One thing I did notice though is the Round 2 or 3 part. Not sure if that's a typo. I think he's atleast a top 50 pick.
            He's definitely on the high end of that "Round 2 / 3" grade.

The next grade up is just "1st Round". I wouldn't feel comfortable putting him in that category.
            Scott Wright, President
            Draft Countdown.com
            www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Top 50 would fall into Rd 2. That's just the breakdown, I believe prospects fall in one of these categories: Rd 1, Rd 2 - 3, Mid Rd, Late Rd - FA

Comment

Originally posted by fear the elf View Post
                you mean OLB? He's about 40lbs shy of playing 3-4 DE don't you think?
                Him at 6'2 268 with his motor is big enough for a 3-4 i think. he plays with good leverage and can help out in the run. I don't think he is explosive enough to play 3-4 OLB, so really he's kind of a tweener. he could also play strongside de on some 4-3 teams, but I'm not the biggest fan of him as a pure pass rusher.
                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                  He's definitely on the high end of that "Round 2 / 3" grade.

The next grade up is just "1st Round". I wouldn't feel comfortable putting him in that category.
                  I could see the 49ers taking him in the top 15. I see him as high as 10, 11, 12, wherever the 49ers pick and as low as about 50. Teams will have mixed reviews on him. If I had to wager money on where he gets drafted I'd put my money on him going in the 1st.

I really think the LaMarr Woodley comparison's will help him a lot. Woodley is already easily atleast the 5th best 3-4 OLB in the league. Personally I think he's the 3rd best.

Comment

Him at 6'2 268 with his motor is big enough for a 3-4 i think. he plays with good leverage and can help out in the run. I don't think he is explosive enough to play 3-4 OLB, so really he's kind of a tweener. he could also play strongside de on some 4-3 teams, but I'm not the biggest fan of him as a pure pass rusher.
                    Too short and not long enough arms to play 3-4 DE. There are some 3-4 DE's who are around 6-2 or 6-3, but they are certainly exceptions. He would only get a shot to play 3-4 DE if he was a later round pick. No team would go that far against the grain and spend a high pick on him to play 3-4 DE.

The ideal 3-4 DE is 6-5 290.

Comment

Too short and not long enough arms to play 3-4 DE. There are some 3-4 DE's who are around 6-2 or 6-3, but they are certainly exceptions. He would only get a shot to play 3-4 DE if he was a later round pick. No team would go that far against the grain and spend a high pick on him to play 3-4 DE.

wasn't chris long 6'3 270? and wasn't he picked 2nd overall to play 3-4 DE?

Comment

More like 6'6 310. Richard Seymour is the absolute prototype for the position in the modern day game. 6'5 290 is good size, but yeah. I agree with your point though. Don't think Graham is suited for being a 3-4 DE at all.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

wasn't chris long 6'3 270? and wasn't he picked 2nd overall to play 3-4 DE?
                          Chris Long was viewed as a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB.
                          Scott Wright, President
                          Draft Countdown.com
                          www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                            Chris Long was viewed as a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB.
                            Alright then.. I stand corrected. Still like this guy as a 4-3 strongside defensive end.

Comment

Great write-up. I just have 1 question. Do you pick players at random or do you have some sort of order? (In terms of scouting reports)

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information