Taylor Mays to Senior Bowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Mays to Senior Bowl

The Senior Bowl just announced that Taylor Mays has accepted his invitation.

Say what you want about those USC players but they aren't afraid to compete!

Can't wait to see Mays in action.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

^
    It's the culture at SC you just keep competing. Mays would probably be one of those guys that cant gain a lot by going to the Senior Bowl (he certainly would at the combine)but he's going. Shows me a lot.

Comment

I'm excited to see him go. This will be my first year with NFL Network, so I'll be able to watch the game. As a fan, I want to see the best players play and compete. As long as he doesn't mind getting spun out of his shoes by Hardesty.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

BUST

He might look like an All-Pro in pads, but he plays like The Invisible Woman. Terrible instincts. Never around the ball (unless you count diving on the pile after letting up a huge gain). Mays is simply not a playmaker.

The great safeties like Polamalu, Reed, and Byrd all had a knack for being in the right place at the right time. I've never seen that from Mays. He's just another physical specimen with marginal football skills, which means Al Davis will probably pick him in the top 10 and put him on the mantle alongside Darrius Has-No-Game, JaBustus Russell, and Runt DMC.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
          I'm excited to see him go. This will be my first year with NFL Network, so I'll be able to watch the game. As a fan, I want to see the best players play and compete. As long as he doesn't mind getting spun out of his shoes by Hardesty.
          Woah, you work for the NFL Network? What do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
            I think he means it's his first year with the NFL Network on his television package. :)
            Scott Wright, President
            Draft Countdown.com
            www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Nice to see! Can't wait to see him in action.

Comment

Originally posted by BrabbitMcRabbit View Post
                BUST

He might look like an All-Pro in pads, but he plays like The Invisible Woman. Terrible instincts. Never around the ball (unless you count diving on the pile after letting up a huge gain). Mays is simply not a playmaker.

The great safeties like Polamalu, Reed, and Byrd all had a knack for being in the right place at the right time. I've never seen that from Mays. He's just another physical specimen with marginal football skills, which means Al Davis will probably pick him in the top 10 and put him on the mantle alongside Darrius Has-No-Game, JaBustus Russell, and Runt DMC.

I know we tend to exaggerate a bit in here but i think 268 career tackles would indicate he is around the ball occasionally.

Comment

LOL @ Darius Has-No-Game...lmao

I'm glad Mays is playin tho. He is a bum to me, but its gonna be interesting to see how he plays ...
                  RIP Sean Taylor....

MarkieMark's dream 2010 Redskins mock: Updated 4/9
                  TRAAAADE DOOOOWN
                  Round 1- OT Brian Bulaga- Iowa
                  Round 4- OT Sam Young- Notre Damn
                  Round 5- C John Estes- Hawaii
                  Round 7- RB/WR/KR/PR Trindon Holliday- LSU

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                    I know we tend to exaggerate a bit in here but i think 268 career tackles would indicate he is around the ball occasionally.
                    Yea, he's around the ball all the time when he takes a bad angle, bites on a fake, gets beaten for a 30 yard gain, then runs someone down on the 10 yard line.

Seriously, I've watched great safeties in college. Roy Williams. Ed Reed.Troy Polamalu. Jarrad Page. OJ Atogwe. Jairus Byrd (I know he played CB, but he qualifies). These guys were always around the ball making game-changing plays.

I can't remember a single great play Taylor Mays has made. He's big. He's fast. Who cares? He can't play a lick. He's not a difference maker in the Pac-10. He certainly won't be one in the NFL against bigger, faster, and better competition.

I'm much more intrigued by Rahim Moore. He might not be the specimen that Mays is, but at least he's a real football player.

Comment

Is this like James Laurinaitis being a "pile jumper"?
                      Scott Wright, President
                      Draft Countdown.com
                      www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                        I think he means it's his first year with the NFL Network on his television package. :)
                        Lol... :o

Anyways, I think Taylor Mays will drop his stock at the Senior Bowl and that his flaws will really be exposed, I'm picturing what happened to Clint Sintim last year, heading in with a first round stock and leaving falling because he didn't do very well during the week.

Comment

Anyways, I think Taylor Mays will drop his stock at the Senior Bowl and that his flaws will really be exposed, I'm picturing what happened to Clint Sintim last year, heading in with a first round stock and leaving falling because he didn't do very well during the week.
                          I think the reason Sintim struggled is because he was put in a 4-3 defense after playing in a 3-4 his entire college career. He was asked to do new things and didn't adjust well / quickly enough.
                          Scott Wright, President
                          Draft Countdown.com
                          www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Is this like James Laurinaitis being a "pile jumper"?
                            No, it's like JaMarcus Russell (your #5 ranked player in 2007) being a horrific bust because he had no football instincts to complement his impressive physical talent.

Comment

Pshh, I wish! But +rep for lettin' me live the dream for a millisecond. :D

DirectTV FTW!!!
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information