Jordan Shipleyzzzzzz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Shipleyzzzzzz

I think this guy just played himself into the late first round, awesome game, the guy is legit.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...jordan+shipley

but since that is probably far in the forum, i think he goes mid-late second, even after this game.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
      http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...jordan+shipley

but since that is probably far in the forum, i think he goes mid-late second, even after this game.
      I think he is gonna have a pretty impressive combine, low 4.4 range and I think he is around 6 feet tall, he is very similar to Jeramey Maclin in my opinion, but we will see how the Senior Bowl and Combine goes.

Comment

He runs under 4.5 he'll get taken in the 2nd..... He's real good... Great routes, great upside... Kid tore up the best Defense in the SEC.....

Comment

He made some money tonight, for sure. Pretty much carried Texas in the 2nd half...the only receiver on their team who could catch a pass it seemed like.

But I don't see him going in the first. He'll make someone very happy as a #2/#3 receiver, taking advantage of the double teams the guy across from him will hopefully draw.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            He made some money tonight, for sure. Pretty much carried Texas in the 2nd half...the only receiver on their team who could catch a pass it seemed like.

But I don't see him going in the first. He'll make someone very happy as a #2/#3 receiver, taking advantage of the double teams the guy across from him will hopefully draw.
            I agree, even if he is the next Wes Welker (and that isnt that far fetched) it still doesnt translate to the first round. Welker was a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              I'm not knocking his career or his stock but both of his TDs were terrible coverages, i.e. WIIIIIIDE open, and I counted 4 drops. Prior to coming onto this site tonight I expected to see people saying how he'd lost some money tonight. The 2nd TD made me stop thinking that.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                I'm not knocking his career or his stock but both of his TDs were terrible coverages, i.e. WIIIIIIDE open, and I counted 4 drops. Prior to coming onto this site tonight I expected to see people saying how he'd lost some money tonight. The 2nd TD made me stop thinking that.
                He normally has very reliable hands so the fact he got open enough against the best defense in the country to have a chance at 14 catches is pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                  Everyone on Texas was dropping **** tonight.....and I don't know about 4 for him. Maybe if you have a loose definition of what is catchable I guess.....but that game only got interesting once he started getting open.

And even beyond this, his body of work still had him going upwards in the draft. He really showed he was the top WR at Texas this year and was their go to guy pretty much all year.

I'm not even sure he would have been drafted last year, but this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him climb into the 2nd round. Definite mid-rounder at worst.

Comment

The guy is every bit the prospect as Maclin last year, so lets see what happens at draft time, actually, I think he will post a better 40 time, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard626 View Post
                      The guy is every bit the prospect as Maclin last year, so lets see what happens at draft time, actually, I think he will post a better 40 time, but who knows.
                      He is not, he's austin collie with punt return experience(and national exposure). 3rd rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by RedVision View Post
                        He is not, he's austin collie with punt return experience(and national exposure). 3rd rounder.
                        I think he may be a little quicker than Collie, i'm sticking to Wes Welker.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          I think he may be a little quicker than Collie, i'm sticking to Wes Welker.
                          come on dude, he is 3 inches taller and faster, but not as quick, if you have to pick a white guy, please pick the right white guy, Anthony Gonzalez...lol this site is great!

Comment

Originally posted by RedVision View Post
                            What does Maclin have the Shipley does not?

Size...nope both around 6 feet tall
                            Weight...not really, Maclin is around 200, Shipley is 195
                            Speed...Maclin ran a 4.43 I believe, Shipley is actually a bit faster, but the combine will prove that

Production...Slight edge to Shipley here, but not by much, both have the same impressive college resume.

So what is the "magical" quality that Maclin has that Shipley does not?

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard626 View Post
                              What does Maclin have the Shipley does not?

Size...nope both around 6 feet tall
                              Weight...not really, Maclin is around 200, Shipley is 195
                              Speed...Maclin ran a 4.43 I believe, Shipley is actually a bit faster, but the combine will prove that

Production...Slight edge to Shipley here, but not by much, both have the same impressive college resume.

So what is the "magical" quality that Maclin has that Shipley does not?
                              Not even joking, but is it skin color that you're implying?

But I ask, is Shipley really as fast as Maclin? I'm not sure about that one.....the combine made just about everyone look real slow last year. It seriously felt like one of the slowest combines on record, and I know there was talk around here that it might have been the new stadium track....I dunno.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information