Could Jake Locker still go Pro?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Jake Locker still go Pro?

If (when?) Pete Carroll leaves USC for Seattle, one of the obvious names that will instantly come to people's head to replace him is Steve Sarkisian.

Since I (and I think most) believe that being with Sarkisian was a big motivator for Locker coming back to school, his loss would be a gigantic disappointment for Locker.

Locker has the most to lose in the Pete Carroll situation. Carroll's hiring will take a few days as minorities have to be interviewed and contracts written up. The USC coaching search will also take some time as coaches have to be vetted and all that jazz. It's very likely the entire situation would go beyond the January 15 deadline.

I am glad I am not in Locker's shoes right now, then again if I were - I would be preparing for the draft already.

Sark isnt leaving after one year trust me

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

That would be intresting. If Steve Sarkesian did leave, I think Locker would need to rethink his standing.

Comment

Jack Del Rio will be the nest coach of the Trojans. Book it.

Comment

if locker declares after something like this, the 2010 draft will be pandemonium

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            thats definitely an interesting pick, and it wouldnt surprise me one bit. I think if Carrol does end up leaving USC is going to land a big coach.

And i would not rule out Sark at all, sure he just started at U Dub, but im sure USC would be his dream job.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Lets be realistic, Bill Cower is going to be the next coach at USC if Carroll leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                Lets be realistic, Bill Cower is going to be the next coach at USC if Carroll leaves.
                no no no, its going to be STEVE! he'll make an all white squad

Comment

He should definitely go pro! :)

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                    Sark isnt leaving after one year trust me
                    Why?

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    Thought about this idea earlier and it's great for everyone involved.

It allows USC to hire a homegrown talent who is a quality coach, allows Jack Del Rio to avoid being fired (and probably take his dream job) and allows Jacksonville to avoid paying him 15 million dollars.

Comment

What if Pete Carroll went to Seattle, Steve S. left to go back to USC (a much more illustrious job than at U of Washington), and that opened the door for Jim Mora Jr. to get his dream job at the U of Washington? That'd be straight out of the Twilight Zone.

Comment

I doubt Steve S. is leaving Washington. MAYBE to go to USC. But, why leave for an NFL job that may not exist in two years (lockout)? Especially as a coordinator?

Follow Me on Twitter!
                        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

They actually had a Sarkisian/Locker press conferance at the UW today (coincidental or not) where Locker said he was staying and Sark said he was happy where he was.

Comment

I think it was too much fun for Sark to stick USC with a loss this season to leave UW after one year, especially after the progress they showed. I think he'll stay to finish the job. And I really hope that he does, because for all of the criticisms Locker took for turning down all that guaranteed money to come back for his senior year, I really think it was the right decision.

He's only played one year with a coach that is going to get him pro-ready, and I think he's much better served staying put and growing as a quarterback before some terrible team throws him into the fire as a rookie. Maybe by waiting a year, he'll get lucky and a team that's much better than their record indicates will end up with a top-ten pick (like Eli Manning to the Giants or Big Ben to the Steelers). He's one of my favorite college players, so I really hope it works out for him that way!

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              They actually had a Sarkisian/Locker press conferance at the UW today (coincidental or not) where Locker said he was staying and Sark said he was happy where he was.
                              Nick Saban wasn't coaching Alabama either.

Originally posted by ericzedwards View Post
                              I think it was too much fun for Sark to stick USC with a loss this season to leave UW after one year, especially after the progress they showed. I think he'll stay to finish the job. And I really hope that he does, because for all of the criticisms Locker took for turning down all that guaranteed money to come back for his senior year, I really think it was the right decision.
                              Washington will NEVER be as good of a job as USC, nor will they EVER be able to pay as much as USC. If USC wants Sarkisian, I highly doubt he is going to turn down a raise and a better job for some reason as "wanting to finish the job" in Washington.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information