X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Bowl Thread

didnt see one, and we had one for east-west game, so thought i'd start one

when are the weigh-ins?

who has the most to gain/lose by participating this week?

cred 2 BoneKrusher

In terms of most to gain, I think it has to be Tebow. If he can look good in a pro-style offense he could make a lot of money. If he fails, I don't think it will really hurt him too much, because there are all sorts of excuses people could make (first time under center, working on his throwing motion, etc.).
    Twitter

Comment

Tebow has a lot to gain/lose in this. He has a real opportunity to answer the questions about him playing under center in a normal offense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Apparently Tebow had an excellent press conference today. Answered a lot of questions. Stafon Johnson also talking to the press, still has barely any voice.

Take a look at Scott's blog for new additions to the roster. Some interesting ones I picked out:

Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma St.
        Roddrick Muckelroy, OLB, Texas
        O'Brien Schofield, DE, Wisconsin

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

omg how does LeGarrette Blount gets invited... that's terrible.

Comment

I think Taylor Mays will either slide up or down this week. We can finally see what his exact size is this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
              Take a look at Scott's blog for new additions to the roster. Some interesting ones I picked out:

That certainly is an interesting addition. I'm not sure how often players are invited to the Senior Bowl after participating in the East-West Shrine game, but he deserves to get another look. His stock is quietly on the rise.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                That certainly is an interesting addition. I'm not sure how often players are invited to the Senior Bowl after participating in the East-West Shrine game, but he deserves to get another look. His stock is quietly on the rise.
                It happens every year for 1 or 2 players. GREAT for him to work at OLB for another week with NFL coaches.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                  Apparently Tebow had an excellent press conference today. Answered a lot of questions. Stafon Johnson also talking to the press, still has barely any voice.

That's no surprise the guy is as charismatic as it gets. I think what is also going to come out of this week is his footwork and arm is better than some would have thought. Some of the knocks like holding the ball too low and not taking snaps from center are going to be answered in the affirmative this week.

Comment

LeGarette Blount being added is pretty big for him. He has a lot to prove this week after the worst possible season he could have had, sans a major injury.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm extremely happy that the Lions are coaching the Senior Bowl. BTW nice to see Blount has punched his ticket to Mobile!

Comment

I think that the guys who truly have the most to gain, are Blount and Ducasse. Ducasse could show up and continue his dominance and be a 2nd round pick, or struggle with the speed of the game and be a 3rd or 4th round pick. Blount needs to show that he has truly changed his work ethic and is still in football shape after taking almost the entire season off.

Comment

Really want to see Tebow in this one. Teams already know that they are getting a leader and a great locker room presence but scouts are goona be watching his performance so thoroughly that his draft stock really comes down to this game. A great performance and who knows how far he shoots up, a bad performance and I feel he will lose stock but teams will still be looking at him as a project with alot of upside.

Good news about Blount. Really a disaster of a season and he is looking to show scouts he has changed. Feel that this game will help but his stock depends more on the combine IMO.
                          Last edited by SwagU; 01-24-2010, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Taylor Mays is going to have a lot more fans after Senior Bowl. Just watch.

Comment

If Muckelroy can add some Bulk/good muscle on before the combine/draft then I think that he can improve his stock and be a FORCE in the NFL.

He was a tackling machine in college. Injuries prevented him from spending a lot of time in the weight room at Texas.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information