• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alex carrington 3-4 olb?

could he? would he?

I think he could, I think he would.

If given a shot.

He maybe needs to lose 10 pounds, but he's pretty fast and quick already. NE Patsies might be interested, they need a pass rusher and don't like little midget guys who can't set the edge.
    "Those two men showed what one motivated Marine and his rifle can do! And before you ladies leave my island, you will ALL be able to do the SAME THING."

3-4 DE with a couple years of NFL weight training. I think he can be a Justin Smith/Shaun Ellis type 3-4 DE.

Comment

3-4 OLB? No....no no. Who is the biggest 3-4 OLB to ever be relatively successful?

I honestly think he could have success as a DE in either the 4-3 or 3-4. Might take a little bit for him to fully grow into the 3-4 DE position.

Comment

Right scheme, wrong position. 3-4 DE.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          3-4 OLB? No....no no. Who is the biggest 3-4 OLB to ever be relatively successful?
          Ermm, Woodley, Merriman and Adalius Thomas are all around 270lbs. Levon Kirkland was a 300lb ILB in the 3-4

But carrington isnt one of them :p He's a 3-4 DE imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
            Ermm, Woodley, Merriman and Adalius Thomas are all around 270lbs. Levon Kirkland was a 300lb ILB in the 3-4

But carrington isnt one of them :p He's a 3-4 DE imo.
            Ehh, I'd say that Woodley and Merriman are probably 270 tops while I recall Thomas was moved around quite a bit with the Ravens, and then also switching inside with the Pats.

But it really doesn't change the main point that Carrington isn't going to be a 3-4 OLB.

Comment

I like Carrington as a 5-tech, not as a OLB. But 3-4 seems to be the right scheme for him, and as a Pats fan I would love to have him on the team.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
              I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Willie McGinest. 6 ft 5 in, 270 lb

Comment

Originally posted by Defsoul View Post
                  Willie McGinest. 6 ft 5 in, 270 lb
                  That's who I immediately thought of.

Comment

Tamba Hali made the successful transition last year at 275. Ask the Chiefs how good he was.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Carrington is 285 now and is likely to grow. Very seldom does a player come into the league and actually lose weight after being in a NFL strength training program. He's 285 now but if he ends up a 3-4 DE he'll soon be playing at 305 and if he's a 4-3 DE they'll be begging to keep his weight down under 290.

Comment

no no no no no Carrington is a 3-4 DE.
                        He's too stiff, and his coverage skills are probably horrible.
                        He reminds me of a young Trevor Pryce.
                        Carrington 3rd round pick BALTIMORE RAVENS!!!!
                        GO RAVENS

Comment

No joke, I would like if we took him at #22. Carrington is a monster. If he's there in the 4th, then I'd be a happy man.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information