2/11 - Mock Draft Updated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/11 - Mock Draft Updated

I just posted a new mock draft, which is the first two rounder of the year.

You can link to the latest edition via the main page:

2010 Mock Draft - v.6.0
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions just like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

49ers smelling the playoffs makes trading up for a QB unlikely. Coaches and Front Office and Ownership all feel the pressure to win now.

And the QB crop isn't that tempting even though we have Alex Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by ViperVisor View Post
      49ers smelling the playoffs makes trading up for a QB unlikely. Coaches and Front Office and Ownership all feel the pressure to win now.

And the QB crop isn't that tempting even though we have Alex Smith.
      And that type of short-sighted approach will keep the Niners out of the playoffs.
      Scott Wright, President
      Draft Countdown.com
      www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

While I like all 4 players the Pats pick I wouldn't be overly happy with that draft. I'm not going to lie I love Tebow but I'd be more than a little annoyed if BB took him at 22, especially with Brandon Graham etc on the board. In the 2nd Koa Misi is definitely rising after good showing at the Senior Bowl and I like the Dwyer fit as to what Maroney should have been. But with the third second I would even take another OLB especially since Jerry Hughes is still there.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
          And that type of short-sighted approach will keep the Niners out of the playoffs.
          BOOM, headshot.

Also, for the Lions, McCoy and Robinson would make me a very, very happy man.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
            I was fine with taking Sanchez who you had to 49ers in a mock if he fell last year. Start a new 3 year plan. Would of been smart then to trade Gore as he would be using up his miles for a team that wasn't likely to content.

This year the team just needs the offense to get 50 more points to look like a contender on paper. 3 more points a game. Doesn't look hard. And maybe the team's promise is a mirage. But it appears so close and checking it out is the easy option.

Comment

Picking Tim Tebow in the first round would probably be the toughest blow of fate a Patriots fan had to deal with since the loss to the Giants in Super Bowl 42. Picking Tebow is even worse than losing Tom Brady in 2008 or chocking in the AFC finals in 2006 against the Colts.

When Brady got hurt in the first game of the 2008 season, at least there was hope that he would come back and lead us to another Super Bowl in the future. When we blew that second-half lead in the AFCCG against the Colts in 2006, at least there was hope that they would bring in some talented guys on offense and make another run for the Lombardi Throphy.

But with Tebow... there is no hope :D
              Last edited by Defsoul; 02-11-2010, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Pouncey over everson griffen for the saints doesnt make me happy but getting washington in the second partially makes up for it.

In my opinion(!!!!) Pouncey doesnt have good value late in the first and although center is similar in need-value as DEnd the Saints first rounder has to be defensive. Besides that If you would give the saints Griffen you would have the first two picks of my Saints dream draft as displayed in my sig ;).

Seriously you were on such a roll(two previous years) for the saints untill the last two mocks :(.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

JPP over McClain =

Bleh and a WR that can't catch. Not that bad though. :)
                  Last edited by draftguru151; 02-11-2010, 07:48 AM.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

I'd be happy if we took Kindle. Just can't wait to see what we do in FA. It's either going to be a DE/CB at 19/20.

Comment

right now i agree that for the Bills, Bulaga has to be the pick in that scenario. however, now that we will be running a 34 next year, I wonder if Rolando McClain could emerge as a realistic pick at 9. he should be on the board when we pick, but if we do go in that direction, we would be pretty much forced to take a tackle in round 2. I dont mind Demaryius Thomas and the whole GA Tech connection makes sense but if we pass on both Gilyard and LaFell, well idk. Especially because I feel like Thomas could be had in the 3rd.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by Lions WMD
                      None of you will be alive to see who gets picked at #3 if the Lions don't pick Suh at #2. I'll blow up the whole world.

Comment

Worst case senario for the Bucs but Eric Berry is a very good compensation price.
                        i might actually prefer Dez Bryant in that situation and a DB and DT in Round 2

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJoe View Post
                          Worst case senario for the Bucs but Eric Berry is a very good compensation price.
                          i might actually prefer Dez Bryant in that situation and a DB and DT in Round 2
                          I hate to tell you, but that worst case scenario is also by far the most likelly one.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                            I hate to tell you, but that worst case scenario is also by far the most likelly one.
                            the bad thing is, i know that too :(

Comment

Tebow in the 1st- I hate it. Not saying its not realistic. I just hope it doesn't happen.
                              Dwyer- I like his style- my only problem is if I was watching this draft and the Pats hadn't taken an OLB by now I'd probably break my remote right after I threw it across my living room
                              I'd like to know why you have us taking Misi over J.Hughes... that one shocked me
                              I like A.Hernandez if the Pats don't resign B.Watson.

In this scenerio I think this draft would be better

1-B.Graham- OLB pass rusher who has played in space (played MLB before)
                              2-B.LaFell- WR- with Moss going deep, Welker/Edelman going short, LaFell is the perfect compliment to this receiving core. A stud possesion receiver
                              2-B.Spikes- ILB- We need a true thumper next to Mayo. Seau can't keep coming out of retirement for us
                              2-A.Hernandez- if B.Watson isn't resigned or Asamoah OG/S.Capers would be a good pick as well since we need OL help bad and we don't have a 3rd round pick
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information