This year's Marquis Colston? Easy...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This year's Marquis Colston? Easy...

Danario Alexander. While he's obviously not as unknown as Colston was, he'll likely be draft in round 4 or 5, and he's an absolute steal for anybody that does snag him up.

His lack of ability to create seperation will keep him from winning coaches over in practice, at first, but eventually he will see the field and shine, IMO. The stats are ridiculous, and the highlights just as impressive.

I did not watch much Mizzou football this past season. Anybody have a more objective opinion?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTDP19DFQjk&feature=fvst

Originally posted by PhinsRock View Post
    Danario Alexander. While he's obviously not as unknown as Colston was, he'll likely be draft in round 4 or 5, and he's an absolute steal for anybody that does snag him up.

His lack of ability to create seperation will keep him from winning coaches over in practice, at first, but eventually he will see the field and shine, IMO. The stats are ridiculous, and the highlights just as impressive.

I did not watch much Mizzou football this past season. Anybody have a more objective opinion?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTDP19DFQjk&feature=fvst
    He's not all quick or sudden and should struggle to find separation at the next level. The top concern on Alexander is the health of his knees, an issue that could leave Danario undrafted come April. After seeing him struggle at the Senior Bowl, I would say he's a Late Round guy with big time production in college.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
    - For daily NFL draft coverage:
    www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Marquis Colston isn't quick or sudden either, but he knows how to run routes, has excellent body control, his ability to adjust to the football is top notch and his hands are pure.

Danario Alexander's knee issues are no worse than Malcolm Kelly when he came out of OU, and Kelly never dominated at Oklahoma the way Alexander did this past season at Mizzou.

If he's cleared medically, the knee problems early in his career should not be a major negative for him.

Also, Alexander appears to much faster than Kelly or Colston and I would not be shocked if he cracks the 4.5 barrier predraft.

I like the sleeper comparison to Colston and think a team takes a chance on him no later than the 5th.

No way I see him as an UDFA unless he's currently injured and can't work out for teams.

So many WRs get drafted who don't put up half the #s of Alexander. He was the best WR in the Big 12 last season, I think he's going to pick up more interest as the draft nears.

Is he a combine invite??

EDIT: I have to admit, I didn't notice he was even at the Senior Bowl, so I don't have the most recent comparison for Danario against top competition.
      Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 02-15-2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Comment

I'd have to say Seyi Ajirotutu.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I like Alexander, but I'm not as high as I was on him pre-Senior Bowl. I thought he would really flash there, but he looked fairly meh throughout the week. I love the height/athleticism/straightline speed(think he'll run 4.5) but he isn't sudden or quick, as was mentioned before. At the point in most routes that he's supposed to separate, he often times doesn't. Also, bigger wide receivers haven't had much success as of late. I'm optimistic, but not as much as I was before.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Rembember all the talk about moving Colston to TE? Funny to reflect upon now. That said the fact that this guy is from a fairly big programme really doesn't allow him to have flown under anyone's radar. If he has some NFL ability, it'll be noticed. Colston played for Hofstra and just flew under the radar for many people. By definition, you won't see the next Colston coming. Like you won't see the next Brady coming.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                seconded, i still don't know how scott had him ranked 29th before and still has him at 19. he's going to make someone VERY happy come draft day.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Anyone who watched my Vlog knows that is my guy as well!

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                    seconded, i still don't know how scott had him ranked 29th before and still has him at 19. he's going to make someone VERY happy come draft day.
                    I feel that way about Oghobaase at 19 and Robinson at 21 amongst DTs.

Don't see how these guys fall that far just because of down senior years...they're clearly more talented than that.

Comment

Anything more about this guy?

Nice size and decent speed...well built WR body....should I go to Hallam's vlog?

Comment

the rankings usually don't chrystallize until the combine anyways. Scott usually is very thorough so I hardly expect him to really overlook anyone. Except Colston, who he overlooked.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                          Anyone who watched my Vlog knows that is my guy as well!
                          I actually haven't watched it yet but I'm glad we agree. Was he invited to the combine?
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                            Anything more about this guy?

Nice size and decent speed...well built WR body....should I go to Hallam's vlog?
                            He uses his height really well in the air. He has good balance and goes and attacks the ball. He's a big target and plays physical which is what you want your WR's to do obviously but some don't. When I've seen him play the last 2 years I came away thinking why we didn't hear more about him. I haven't heard what Shane had to say about him yet though.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He uses his height really well in the air. He has good balance and goes and attacks the ball. He's a big target and plays physical which is what you want your WR's to do obviously but some don't. When I've seen him play the last 2 years I came away thinking why we didn't hear more about him. I haven't heard what Shane had to say about him yet though.
                              Fresno hasn't had much of a passing attack the last couple years, and even this year when Colburn was playing well, there were games where they essentially ignored the pass and just rammed it down teams' throats. That's what Pat Hill likes to do...so I'd say he could have definitely put up bigger numbers and made more of a name for himself, but he wasn't in the best position to do so.

Seyi is a solid athlete with great size, but his strength is tracking and bringing down the contested ball. He does seem to run a little hot and cold and wasn't a dominant player per se, but he definitely has skills that could translate to the next level. I dunno about being the next Colston though, he's on another level in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information