Bucs Looking to Trade...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucs Looking to Trade...

According to PFT, the Buccaneers are looking to trade the third overall pick. Tampa, is still unsure what direction to take in the draft. Dominik, the Buccs GM, said they are looking to explore the options of trading up or down. My opinion, if it matters to any, is that they need bodies all over the board, and should down. If they trade up, who do they trade with and who do they target? Sound off...

Sig by Bone Krusher

Seems like they are trying to assure they get Suh or McCoy or get out of the spot.

Thank god, keep Eric Berry out of my division unless he's who dattin' it
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Isnt most any team trying to trade up/down?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Tell them to **** and pick Dez Bryant.

Who'd want to trade up to the top 3? Then again...no one thought the Jets would trade up to the top 5 until draft day.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
          Isnt most any team trying to trade up/down?
          That's probably somewhat true, but this is "Suh/McCoy or bust" really.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

With as many needs as they have, they'd be smart to take as much as they can get for the 3rd pick and save themselves the money.

Somebody is going to fall in love with one of the quarterbacks. You know it's going to happen.

If they are absolutely stuck in that spot, though, I think Haden makes a lot of sense for them. He'd be a ******* beast in the Tampa Two. Imagine Antoine Winfield if he was bigger, faster, and stronger.
            Last edited by yourfavestoner; 02-17-2010, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
              That's probably somewhat true, but this is "Suh/McCoy or bust" really.
              I disagree, Bryant or Berry would make a nice 3rd option IMO.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                Tell them to **** and pick Dez Bryant.

Who'd want to trade up to the top 3? Then again...no one thought the Jets would trade up to the top 5 until draft day.
                I think a trade is possible, someone is going to want one of the two QBs and will be scared of Washington taking them at 4. A trade with the Bills or Seattle will still give you a pretty good shot at either Berry or Bryant.

Comment

I disagree, Bryant or Berry would make a nice 3rd option IMO.
                  Sorry, I meant that's the way the Bucs are looking at it. And no, I wouldn't spend the 3rd overall pick on a safety or a Wide receiver. If you don't play one of the big 3 (or 4), I would try to trade down. JPP and Russell Okung (and maybe a dark horse of Derrick Morgan) as well as maybe Joe Haden are my only options at 3rd overall.

But that part is my opinion.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

Mm...I don't know how much I like the idea of Berry to a Tampa Two team.

TBH, I like Mays much more for a Tampa Two scheme. Think about all big-time safeties you know who have played in a Tampa Two: John Lynch, Bob Sanders, Mike Brown, Adam Archuletta (when he was young). They were all big time run support guys who were simply adequate in coverage. They've just gotta keep everything in front of them and lay out anything that comes across the line of scrimmage.

Berry needs to be in a freelancing role, similar to how Ed Reed, Darren Sharper, and Troy Polamalu are.

And I am in no way advocating Taylor Mays be selected with the third pick, either. I just think he's a better schematic fit for Tampa Bay than Berry.

Comment

Sorry, I meant that's the way the Bucs are looking at it. And no, I wouldn't spend the 3rd overall pick on a safety or a Wide receiver. If you don't play one of the big 3 (or 4), I would try to trade down. JPP and Russell Okung (and maybe a dark horse of Derrick Morgan) as well as maybe Joe Haden are my only options at 3rd overall.

Yeah, I think they go Okung or Haden if they don't land Suh/McCoy.

Comment

Okung at 3? Unless your team really needs a OT I wouldnt touch him til after the 5th or 6th. Hes gonna be a good OT dont get me wrong, but this draft is pretty solid at OT(could get Davis or Bulaga around 8-16, Ducasse, Brown or Campbell in the late 1st/early 2nd.) JPP I could see going off potential

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Okung at 3? Unless your team really needs a OT I wouldnt touch him til after the 5th or 6th. Hes gonna be a good OT dont get me wrong, but this draft is pretty solid at OT(could get Davis or Bulaga around 8-16, Ducasse, Brown or Campbell in the late 1st/early 2nd.) JPP I could see going off potential
                          Okay then, replace Okung with "whatever tackle they have rated highest on their board."

Comment

If McCoy is still available and the Bucs are wanting to trade down, then I will be screaming at the TV for the Titans to trade up. Our 1st RD'er, 3rd RD'er, DT Tony Brown, and a 2011 pick for #3. Hell, throw myself, Voodoo, and Doughie in there. We can lick stamps or something. We've got HUGE mailroom upside! Not to mention, a signed agreement that Bud Adams will never flip off the Glazer family.

How can you pass that offer up? Honestly?

(Titans still don't need a DT in the 1st RD! It's just Suh and McCoy have the talent to actually fill the void most of the way that Haynesworth left, which is something Dan Williams, Brian Price, and no other DT in this draft can do.)
                            Last edited by TitanHope; 02-17-2010, 11:45 PM.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                              According to PFT, the Buccaneers are looking to trade the third overall pick. Tampa, is still unsure what direction to take in the draft. Dominik, the Buccs GM, said they are looking to explore the options of trading up or down. My opinion, if it matters to any, is that they need bodies all over the board, and should down. If they trade up, who do they trade with and who do they target? Sound off...
                              I think it's smart to trade the pick unless McCoy or Suh is available.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information