Terrence Cody is a top 15 pick.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrence Cody is a top 15 pick.

He's a 6'4 370 pound SEC DT who anchored a legitimately awesome college defense.

Also helping him:

- He's a good kid. Doesn't really F with anybody.

- He's fat, but he's good. He's also lost 60 pounds in the past 2 years. He's not exactly not working.

- He's really athletic. Love the fact that they used him at FB on offense.

- Once he's drafted, he's working out with NFL training.

The guy's going to be a beast, and might impress earlier than McCoy in his career...if anyone finds that significant.

Very underrated player right now...don't see him lasting to the 2nd round. If he fell to 29...well he wouldn't get to 30.

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
    He's a 6'4 370 pound SEC DT who anchored a legitimately awesome college defense.

Also helping him:

- He's a good kid. Doesn't really F with anybody.

- He's fat, but he's good. He's also lost 60 pounds in the past 2 years. He's not exactly not working.

- He's really athletic. Love the fact that they used him at FB on offense.

- Once he's drafted, he's working out with NFL training.

The guy's going to be a beast, and might impress earlier than McCoy in his career...if anyone finds that significant.

Very underrated player right now...don't see him lasting to the 2nd round. If he fell to 29...well he wouldn't get to 30.
    I bet Miami has him rated pretty highly...

Comment

He's probably the 2nd most hard to peg prospect in this draft after Tebow. Some people absolutely love him and think he could be an elite NT and a top 15 pick, while others wouldn't touch this guy until the 2nd round at the earliest as a two down run stuffer.

I personally think that the Dolphins' pick in the first round is a little higher than I would take him...he'd be a slight reach there imo. I feel like his value is late in the first round....maybe the Cowboys or someone around there.

And that's if you view him as a 3-4 NT, which some people don't...very hard to tell where he will go.

Comment

If he comes into the combine at around 340lbs maybe. IDK I wouldnt draft a NFL player who weighs 370lbs at what 22 or 23 years old? Most NT's come in around 320-330.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

While Suh may be the best DT prospect since Ngata, Cody might be the most interesting. I think he's more than a 2 down run stuffer, especially once an NFL trainer gets to him. He's too young to limit to that role. He might play that early in his career, and that's perfectly fine.

Dolphins spot is perfect for him...Langford - Cody - Starks would be a pretty beast DL. I'd be pretty jealous.

How often and far does a huge DT from a big school in the SEC fall? It just seems so unlikely.

It's impossible for him to go into the combine at 340. It is possible for him to get down to 360 or 355 for the season.

Comment

Are we talking UFL?

Comment

His problem is that people with weight problems like he has tend to eat themselves out of the league before they succeed.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

I could start threads about 28 players an why they should be top 15 picks.
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                  I could start threads about 28 players an why they should be top 15 picks.
                  Yea, but most of them aren't as good or projectable as Cody is. There's few things more valuable or long lasting than a DT anchor for a DL.

There's also guys with weight problems who don't eat themselves out guys. That's why we look at these guys on an individual level. Technically speaking, most guys in the NFL have a weight problem.

Comment

A lot of it will depend on how he measures in at the combine.

His bench press number is going to matter. A lot. If he comes in and is unimpressive on the bench, teams will assume he got by simply by being bigger than everybody else. If he comes in and puts up a gang of reps, you'll see his stock soar.

People forget that Ted Washington and Sam Adams played a lot of their careers at around 400. In normal years, I'd say that he'd be a late first/second rounder, but you've gotta take everything into account. The 3-4 is just as prevalent as the 4-3 these days and a number of old guard 3-4 NTs getting old and will need to be replaced.

If the Patriots let Wilfork walk, I don't think there's any way he gets past them at 22. The NT is too valuable to Belichick's defense.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                      There's few things more valuable or long lasting than a DT anchor for a DL.
                      Franchise QB
                      LT
                      RDE
                      Shutdown CB

And then it can vary from scheme to scheme how important a NT is. Even less valuable is an UT in my opinion.
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        His bench press number is going to matter. A lot. If he comes in and is unimpressive on the bench, teams will assume he got by simply by being bigger than everybody else. If he comes in and puts up a gang of reps, you'll see his stock soar.
                        I think the bench isn't the best way of looking at it here....I don't know how his arm length checks out but traditionally, guys with longer arms struggle a bit with it even if they are stronger than some of the other guys with shorter arms.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          I think the bench isn't the best way of looking at it here....I don't know how his arm length checks out but traditionally, guys with longer arms struggle a bit with it even if they are stronger than some of the other guys with shorter arms.
                          I know, but it's the only measurable test they'll have to see if his football strength correlates with his weight room strength. If he doesn't test well, teams will think he simply got by by being bigger than everybody else.

Comment

the next johnathan sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                              If he comes into the combine at around 340lbs maybe. IDK I wouldnt draft a NFL player who weighs 370lbs at what 22 or 23 years old? Most NT's come in around 320-330.
                              If she shows up to the combine at 340 lbs., I'll give you +rep because it's not going to happen. Even if it does, he'll just put it back on.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information