This is the worst QB draft since..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the worst QB draft since..

How long has it been since we had a QB class this bad top to bottom? I will say it would be 10 years ago in 2000 when Chad Pennington was the only QB drafted in the 1st round (latter half).

I am going by judging QBs as prospects, not how well they did in the NFL.

This draft overall seems to be lacking many premium "skilled" players. But it has lots of players who will make a difference in the win column in the NFL (guys in the trenches, defensive players).

I wouldn't say it's that bad..there are a lot of potential starters out there, it just depends on what teams draft who, and how they handle them. Overall it is a very deep draft in just about every area.

Comment

Every year is the worst QB draft since god knows how long. There was Stafford and Sanchez last year and people were like "the best QB (Bradford) didn't even declare, this draft is soooo weak at QB and weak at the top." Year before that with Ryan and Flacco, well everyone said it sucked at QB. Year before with Quinn and Russell? Same old, same old. It seems to me people here just love not to like the QBs. Whatever.

Comment

Seems like a lot of people call it a bad Draft for QBs every year. Last year many fans thought the Lions would be better off waiting till this year to take a QB. People judging this Draft as poor are assuming Bradford will never fully recover from his injury, Clausen will never mature further, no other QB will emerge as a quality NFL starter, etc.

Comment

Not at all, but people do say this every year. Personally I didn't like the Ryan/Flacco class at all, but they both are great so that shows what I know.

Comment

I don't think it's bad. I think it's average. I don't see any elite talent, just a bunch of average QBs. Most could end up as backups, and a few lucky might just end up starting if the cards fall just right for them. But I don't see them setting the league on fire. I fear for Bradford if he goes to the Rams though. As we all know, the Rams are bad. Not much better than the Lions. There's nothing in Bradford's resume that tells me he will be able to flourish in a completely different environment than what he was in at OU. I could be completely wrong, but I just have the feeling that it might not end up well for him there.
            Last edited by Geason Noceur; 02-28-2010, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I actually like this class, personally. I like Bradford a lot and I think Clausen could become a above average starter as well. Then there are a lot of guys with starter tools, such as LeFevour, and a lot of guys who could be very good back ups. Guys like McCoy will be great #2 QBs.

How many starters generally come from each draft anyways? Maybe 1 or 2? Then a couple solid backups and developmental types that never pan out. That sounds almost exactly like this class.
              Last edited by MikeTeel; 02-28-2010, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Well, there some strong QB classes. '03, '04, '06, and '07 come to mind.

I really think this is the weakest QB class in a long time. It's weak at the top, and almost every QB prospect comes from a non-traditional offense. Bradford and Clausen have starter potential, but I'm not sure they'd be early first round picks in any other year. I'd easily take Locker and Mallett over both of them, and I wasn't saying the same thing last year when comparing Stafford and Sanchez to Bradford.
                I'm a state.

Comment

Skelton has excellent mechanics and spins it effortlessly. Love Zach Robinson too. Snead holds the ball too low. Pike looks okay.

Comment

edit wrong thread
                    Last edited by jnew76; 02-28-2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Yeah...thank the lord baby Jesus that the Lions didnt wait another year for their Qb huh? Like MANY people scared to draft one said..."We should go O-Line and defense"....MUHAHAHAHAH! Thank you Bradford and Clausen for being so poopy !

Comment

Not at all. There are some great QBs getting little attention, such as Pike and Skelton.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                          Not at all. There are some great QBs getting little attention, such as Pike and Skelton.
                          I wouldn't call either if these guys great.

Even this year's bottom feeders seem worse than prior year bottom feeders.

Comment

I like Clausen more than I liked Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers. To be fair, I hated Alex SMith though.
                            Originally posted by SNIPER26
                            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                              Would you honestly consider either against Bradford.

This isn't directed at you at all, but I swear this has to be by far the worst board (other than Caste football) at evaluating Quarterbacks. I've heard people say Sam is a 3rd-5th Round pick. If you can't see why NFL teams see him as a Franchise passer then all I can do is continue to tell people why. When he's drafted Top 5, like Matt Ryan (a guy I was big on), there will still be some here that will bash him as a prospect..

Sam Bradford is a better NFL Quarterback prospect than Mark Sanchez. He's not there a lot of places now, but expect to see more and more of Bradford in the Top 5-6 on Big Boards. He's moved to 5th on mine for the time being with the potential to move up as high as 3rd.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information