Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Way Raiders Don't Draft Bruce Campbell?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JPP, Campbell, Haden

One of them IMO will probably be a Raider

Comment

Seeing as how he fills a bigger need than JPP and Mays, I really think he'll go with Campbell right now.

Comment

If he's taken by Seattle at #6.

Comment

If he's available I would be shocked if they passed on him. He's fits everything. Great physical specimen. Check. Great Athleticism. Check. He might as well start looking for houses in California

Comment

The thing is, no one really knows how Oakland feels about their tackle situation. Personally, I'd love to see someone come in and replace Henderson, but the coaching staff seemed largely happy with his play in 2009. Does Oakland draft a RT to finally replace Cornell Green with that #8 pick? Probably not, and if they do, I would imagine they'd take more of a road-grader like Davis or even Williams.

I think that Oakland likely views CB and DL as being greater needs at this point, so it just depends on how much they take to a guy like Pierre-Paul or Haden/Berry (whichever one Cleveland passes on). I'd like to believe that Dez Bryant would be a possibility, but it seems unlikely.

Comment

I could definitely see us go Joe Haden, and I would like it.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
              like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

It will come down to JPP, Haden, Campbell, Mays, or Eric Berry. I'm thinking JPP at this point.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

I have a gut feeling that they won't make an epic reach for a guy like Campbell this year. Last year they did with Heyward-Bey, but he's a WR, Campbell is a tackle and he has a lot more holes in his game than the other 4 OTs who are better than him that are good enough to be top ten picks. I won't be the least bit surprised (in fact I kind of expect it to some degree) if Oakland takes Campbell, but gut feeling says that they take Bulaga, Davis, Williams, Pierre Paul, or a DB over Campbell.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    I have a gut feeling that they won't make an epic reach for a guy like Campbell this year. Last year they did with Heyward-Bey, but he's a WR, Campbell is a tackle and he has a lot more holes in his game than the other 4 OTs who are better than him that are good enough to be top ten picks. I won't be the least bit surprised (in fact I kind of expect it to some degree) if Oakland takes Campbell, but gut feeling says that they take Bulaga, Davis, Williams, Pierre Paul, or a DB over Campbell.
                    That being said, DHB was 254th in the NFL last season for receptions with 9 (for 124 yards). Sure, he landed in a one of the worst QB situations in the NFL, but he failed to make a number of plays that Percy Harvin, Austin Collie, Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, Kenny Britt, Johnny Knox, Mike Wallace, Louis Murphy, or Brian Hartline would have made.

Hell, sure the QB situation in Oakland is bad, but when you're a top 10 pick, the first player picked at your position, and you get completely outplayed by a fourth round pick who plays your same position on your own team (Louis Murphy), something has gone very wrong.

Never bet against the Raiders to do something inexplicable.
                    Last edited by PossibleCabbage; 02-28-2010, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      The thing is, no one really knows how Oakland feels about their tackle situation. Personally, I'd love to see someone come in and replace Henderson, but the coaching staff seemed largely happy with his play in 2009

this sounds accurate... Al Davis got burned bad taking Robert Gallery and I dont think he's willing to gamble on OT again... not to mention bruce campbell has played like a 4th round and only started 17 games at Maryland. and even the games he played were spotty... He got beat like a drum against Middle Tennessee State, not exactly a top program.
                      my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Originally posted by bitonti View Post
                        this sounds accurate... Al Davis got burned bad taking Robert Gallery and I dont think he's willing to gamble on OT again... not to mention bruce campbell has played like a 4th round and only started 17 games at Maryland. and even the games he played were spotty... He got beat like a drum against Middle Tennessee State, not exactly a top program.
                        Al Davis has been burned by a lot of horrible draft picks doesn't mean he won't take another player at that position

took Doug Jolly in 02 and failed and took Zach Miller in 07

took Derrick Gibson in 01 and failed and took Michael Huff in 06

Yes he loves to reach for players but 99 percent of the time its a player that feels a need even tho 99 percent of the time its the wrong player.And anybody will tell you OT is oaklands number 1 need.
                        Last edited by _YL_; 03-01-2010, 02:36 AM.
                        Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

Originally posted by _YL_ View Post
                          And anybody will tell you OT is oaklands number 1 need.
                          Except perhaps Al Davis and Tom Cable...

Comment

Except perhaps Al Davis and Tom Cable...
                            I think last year they felt that Mario Henderson might really progress and have a break through year. But then Brian Orakpo came along and completely and utterly destroyed that notion.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              I think last year they felt that Mario Henderson might really progress and have a break through year. But then Brian Orakpo came along and completely and utterly destroyed that notion.
                              Right, because that had nothing to do with JaMarcus Russell holding onto the ball for-*******-ever.

I'm not going to suggest that Oakland can't do better than Henderson. But I'm far from sold that the coaching staff or front office feels that Henderson is a lost cause.

Comment

Right, because that had nothing to do with JaMarcus Russell holding onto the ball for-*******-ever.

I'm not going to suggest that Oakland can't do better than Henderson. But I'm far from sold that the coaching staff or front office feels that Henderson is a lost cause.
                                Meanwhile Russell might be.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information