Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the love for Everson Griffen's 40?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the love for Everson Griffen's 40?

Why he's not a first rounder in Scott's mock is beyond me. Is anyone not impressed by a 4.66 time from a 270 lb lineman anymore?

As a comparison, Sergio Kindle ran a 4.71 while being 20 lbs lighter. Griffen has Shawn Merriman kind of measurables and should be picked in the same range in the draft. He's bigger and faster than Graham and is built more compact than Dunlap while having a better motor.

I like Griffin a lot and I suspect Scott will include him in the nest mock draft. They guy is big, fast, and has a good motor, He can play 4-3 DE and probobally 3-4 OLB. Personally, I have him rated higher than Dunlap and Piere-Paul and as a mist 1st round pick.

Comment

def going first round. maybe as high as fins at 12.

Comment

Becuz Teh Jppzzzz Is Teh Sexxxx!!! !1! Jppzz Can Doz Backflippzzzz!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jericho@SC View Post
          Why he's not a first rounder in Scott's mock is beyond me. Is anyone not impressed by a 4.66 time from a 270 lb lineman anymore?

As a comparison, Sergio Kindle ran a 4.71 while being 20 lbs lighter. Griffen has Shawn Merriman kind of measurables and should be picked in the same range in the draft. He's bigger and faster than Graham and is built more compact than Dunlap while having a better motor.

Probably because some touted him at 4.5, i'm a fan of his though and if Seattle goes to a 3-4, which i've predicted for some time, i wouldnt mind them pulling the trigger on Griffen. Realistically he probably goes 20s-30s.

Comment

Apparently he kind of tanked in his interviews. I'd still expect him between 17 and 26. I don't but the Top 15 talk and I don't think is going invest a pick quite that high on the Trojan product.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Yea I didn't see him making a lot of plays on the few USC games I got a chance to watch. I believe Mel Kiper's only knock was that he doesn't always play to his measurables. I personally don't know b/c I didn't see enough games.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
              Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

Griffen will be a super steal!!!

He reminds me a lot of Orakpo/Merriman with total scheme diversity;34 OLB, 43 DE/or OLB.

He's much more fluid and athletic than most draftniks give him credit for. He should go 1st round.

Comment

Originally posted by superman View Post
                  def going first round. maybe as high as fins at 12.
                  That would be scary.

Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

What are the knocks on the guy? Was he another Mauluga off the field?

Comment

I want the Patriots to draft him.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfreak314 View Post
                        What are the knocks on the guy? Was he another Mauluga off the field?
                        He's always had everything you physically want in a DE, but he was inconsistent. He only seemed to show that he had a motor this year, he was getting by on pure physical talent along before finally getting it this year.

Comment

id think he would be picked up by the saints if he is still around cuz charles grant got cuz, however with the jags bringing in kampman the saints might actually have a choice of DEnds (hopefully)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Im a big fan of Everson Griffen, wouldnt be at all perturbed if the Ravens took him at 25. I think hes gunna be a stud in a 3-4 at the next level, although it wouldnt shock me to see a 4-3 team like the Falcons take him and play him at the weakside end position. Hes got top notch measurables and skills, just has to put it all together at this point. I like him almost as much and Kindle and Hughes as a 3-4 OLB.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I thought he stock was gonna soar after he ran his 40 also. I would mind getting him at the top of the second.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information