Ohio State Pro Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State Pro Day

notoriously fast track, but I'm not sure if they put down the rubber or not this year to run on. The article I have linked suggests they ran on a similar surface to that of the Indy combine (which would be their field turf on their practice field I would guess), but the times do seem to be fast.

Notables:

S Kurt Coleman
    4.48 or 4.52/4.53 (depends who you ask) 35" vertical 6.75 3 cone, 4.21 short shuttle
    S Anderson Russell 4.41 electronic (surprising) 37" vertical, 6.79 3 cone, 10'9" broad jump, 18 bench reps
    DE Thad Gibson 4.51 or 4.56 (some had him at either) impressed today reportedly
    DL Doug Worthington 35.5" vertical, 10'1" broad jump, ran 5.0+ 40s on hurt calves....someone did say low 4.9s though elsewhere.
    LB Austin Spitler 4.65 and 4.75, 32 reps of 225, 6.7 3 cone (surprised scouts)
    WR Ray Small 4.42, 4.5
    DL Rob Rose 4.79 at 6'4"/295 lbs., 24 reps, 27.5" vertical, 9'2" broad jump (workout warrior epitome, always injured and never got enough reps to be good)
    DL Lawrence Wilson 4.84, 38" vertical, 10' broad jump, 26 reps at 6'4"/274

http://the-ozone.net/football/2010/W...nflcombine.htm
    http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=1343
    Last edited by keylime_5; 03-13-2010, 12:16 AM.

Remember to add .1 (at least .08) to these numbers as OSU's track is very fast. Good times though all around. Gibson in the 4.6s should be great news for 3-4 teams that hold picks in the Mid-Late 2nd Round.

edit: Didn't see the intro paragraph, whoops. Well I imagine we'll get details on the surface soon.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
    - For daily NFL draft coverage:
    www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

considering Gibson ran more than a tenth of a second faster than he did in Indy, I take it that they ran on a fast track.

Comment

Thad to KC!

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Damn. You'd think Anderson Russell and Lawrence Wilson were worth something.

But Gibson just keeps rising up...
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Again Pudge proves to be the smartest man..on the planet

Comment

Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
              Again Pudge proves to be the smartest man..on the planet
              How is this remotely relevant to anything? I don't recall posting any realistic projections on Iowa players so what could I have said here that bothered you?

Comment

Indiana University of Pennsylvania's Akwasi Owusu-Ansah also reportedly looked great at Ohio State's Pro Day. He put the fast track to good use as well in posting a sub 4.4 40 and 4.05 20 yard shuttle.

He should be climbing draftboards like a mad man based on his showing the last 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                  How is this remotely relevant to anything? I don't recall posting any realistic projections on Iowa players so what could I have said here that bothered you?
                  If he was being sarcastic, he could have at least waited till you weren't correct, haha.
                  Originally posted by SNIPER26
                  fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Largest Steelers contingent of any Pro Day so far, always gets me giddy.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

No Thad for JBond.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                      <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                      <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                      <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
                        No Thad for JBond.
                        2nd round! It can happen!

Follow Me on Twitter!
                        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I'd love to see the Steelers land Thad. He's my favorite Buckeye from last years team. Great pass rush, strong and fast, can cover and is a sure tackler.

He's going to develop into a great player.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Love me some Spitler. He'll make a team happy as a hard working depth player.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                              If he was being sarcastic, he could have at least waited till you weren't correct, haha.
                              Yea, I understand how sometimes my statements will rub people the wrong way but this one was just me saying OSU runs on a fast track and Gibson will likely draw attention form 3-4 teams in the Mid-Late 2nd. Even if Gibson cracks the early 2nd or 3rd I'm really not going to feel too bad either.

I've said about 2,000 things this draft season and I'm going to be wrong on a lot of things just like Kiper, just like Scott Wright, and just like Mayock. I'm not perfect, I am subject to personal biasses, and I've been wrong in the past. Not sure where people get the inflated ego stuff on me, I'm 20 years old and trying my best to use objective language whenever possible but we're on a website, typing, so open-mindedness doesn't come across very well.

There are things that I do feel confident/passionate about like St. Louis & Bradford and Gerald McCoy as highly rated an NFL prospect as Suh. I read recently that Suh/McCoy were 1A and 1B on the Rams (not in any order) for awhile, maybe until the Combine. I think Stl makes their choice between McCoy/Bradford, as McCoy fits a bit better in Spags' scheme and has a vibrant personality that those top teams (STL/DET/TB) will love. I think Detroit will prefer Suh though actually as McCoy falls to 3rd Overall.

- To add something on the subject, Austin Spitler's performance here will likely get him some consideration between the 5th and 7th Rounds. He was a decent player for the Bucks, a very willing special teamer, and a good backup LB prospect for some team on Saturday, April 24th.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information