X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayock's Updated Top 5

Mayock has updated his top 5 chart (by positions). This is a video:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ock-s-top-five

He know has Toby Gerhart as his #4 running back, behind only CJ Spiller, Ryan Matthews, and Jahvid Best. Nice!

HE said Gerhart should be a FB :O
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
      HE said Gerhart should be a FB :O
      He didn't say he *should* be a fullback, he just said he *could* be a fullback.

He's versatile. But I'm sure he also thinks Toby can be a great halfback too.

Comment

He is your biggest fan!

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Montario Hardesty still gets no respect. Last year he put up 1345 yards, 4.8 ypc, and 13 TD while splitting carries with Bryce Brown. He's 5'11.5" 225 and runs a 4.49 40. He put up 21 reps on the bench, had the best vertical and broad jump of any running back at the combine, and was top four in each of the 3-cone and 20 and 60 yard shuttle.

I definitely respect Mayock, but there are not six running backs better than Hardesty. If he falls out of the top two rounds, there is going to be 31 teams kicking themselves after a year or two.

Comment

Is it true that Hardesty has never fumbled? Not never lost a fumble, but never fumbled period? If so, that's pretty damn impressive.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
              Montario Hardesty still gets no respect. Last year he put up 1345 yards, 4.8 ypc, and 13 TD while splitting carries with Bryce Brown. He's 5'11.5" 225 and runs a 4.49 40. He put up 21 reps on the bench, had the best vertical and broad jump of any running back at the combine, and was top four in each of the 3-cone and 20 and 60 yard shuttle.

I definitely respect Mayock, but there are not six running backs better than Hardesty. If he falls out of the top two rounds, there is going to be 31 teams kicking themselves after a year or two.
              Agree 100%.

Comment

Agree completely, Hardesty is going to be a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                  Is it true that Hardesty has never fumbled? Not never lost a fumble, but never fumbled period? If so, that's pretty damn impressive.
                  A Vols fan should probably confirm, but I have read that in multiple places.

Comment

The RB position year at the top has a lot of depth this draft IMO, with Spiller, Best, Hardesty, Mathews, Gerhart, and Tate all looking like primetime type runners.

Guys like Dwyer, LSU's Keiland Williams and Charles Scott, UConn's Andre Dixon and UM's Brandon Minor are sleeper guys I could see excelling on the the right teams; i.e. they all look like late round Shanahan type picks.

And I didn't even include the U's Javarris James and OU's Chris Brown.

Comment

The depth of RB talent in this Draft looks to good to be true. There are too many RBs that will be taken in the first 3 or 4 rounds that look like potential studs backs in the NFL. It will be fun to see who is the cream of the crop over the long run. Most teams shouldn't even consider a RB in the first this year. Why take a Spiller or Matthews in the first when someone like Hardesty, Tate or Gerhardt might be there down the line.

Comment

4.8 YPC in college is horsesh*t. That's certainly nothing to brag about.
                        As for all the other combine stuff, that's irrelevant.
                        Chris Henry, the AZ RB, had great combine numbers 3 years ago, after a crappy YPC average at Arizona. He ended up being a bust and they then drafted Chris Johnsono the next year, who had a high YPC average at ECU, and not in the NFL.
                        Hardesty is overrated by many now, and he's a character risk that deserves to knock him down a round.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                          4.8 YPC in college is horsesh*t. That's certainly nothing to brag about.
                          As for all the other combine stuff, that's irrelevant.
                          Chris Henry, the AZ RB, had great combine numbers 3 years ago, after a crappy YPC average at Arizona. He ended up being a bust and they then drafted Chris Johnsono the next year, who had a high YPC average at ECU, and not in the NFL.
                          Hardesty is overrated by many now, and he's a character risk that deserves to knock him down a round.
                          so IM confused, you saying YPC is nothing?
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Scott has him ranked 8th, which I feel is pretty accurate.
                            Remember, he's already had one torn ACL and also a stress fracture of the leg. It only gets tougher in the NFL!

He only had one season of more than 390 yards for the Vols, and had seasons with a YPC average of 3.6 or less! Come on now. Nobody special would have numbers, lack of production, like that, behind any OL.

Scout Scott says this about him:
                            Just average speed --- Not overly elusive --- Isn't very explosive and lacks a burst --- Not really a breakaway / big play threat --- Will have some trouble getting outside and turning the corner --- Runs too high at times --- Durability is a big concern --- Relatively limited track record. The type who does everything well but nothing great

Comment

Im glad he dropped Dwyer. I dont think Dwyer has shown enough on tape or in the offseason here to be considered a top 5 back anyway.
                              Id go Spiller, Best, Mathews, Gerhart, and Hardesty as my top 5 in some order.

EDIT: Oops, maybe Tate instead of Hardesty... Cant decide, I like them both a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information