3/25 - Mock Draft Updated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/25 - Mock Draft Updated!

I just posted a new mock draft! You can link to the latest edition via the main page:

2010 Mock Draft - v.8.0
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/

I have to say I am pretty pleased with this one...

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions just like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

still giving the skins clausen! if bradford is on the board i have no doubt the skins take him but im getting more confident every day that theyll take okung over clausen.

i agree that saffolds a better fit/pick than vlad in the 2nd round.
    Last edited by DiG; 03-26-2010, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
      still giving the skins clausen! if bradford is on the board i have no doubt the skins take him but im getting more confident every day that theyll take okung over clausen.
      It's possible but I'm sticking to my guns.

If the Redskins pass on Clausen that means Shanahan is putting his entire fate in Washington on Jason Campbell's shoulders because they probably won't have a shot at another top quarterback anytime soon. I think Shanahan is going to want "His Guy" and like I mentioned I've been hearing that the Redskins have been on Clausen for 4-5 months now. We'll see though.
      Scott Wright, President
      Draft Countdown.com
      www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

So we meet again Scott.

I like the draft overall Scott. Addressing the o line and grabbing another weapon for Cassel. They are grooming that offense around their investment. The Nate Allen pick is solid, he is someone that can come in and compete right away for a starting spot.

As long as they address the defense with the rest of their draft picks I'd be fine.

woops
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Odrick would be a great pick, if we were still going to be using a 3-man front most of the time. We don't need another player similar to Dwan Edwards or Justin Bannan (we did sign Cory Redding who supposedly will be able to take over for Edwards), we need somebody that will be able to collapse the pocket (which was our biggest problem last season, usually playing two NTs at the same time). If you think that Odrick can be disruptive as an UT in a 4-man front, I'll trust your opinion, I just don't like the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
            It's possible but I'm sticking to my guns.

If the Redskins pass on Clausen that means Shanahan is putting his entire fate in Washington on Jason Campbell's shoulders because they probably won't have a shot at another top quarterback anytime soon. I think Shanahan is going to want "His Guy" and like I mentioned I've been hearing that the Redskins have been on Clausen for 4-5 months now. We'll see though.
            I dont doubt that Shanny wants his own qb. We can agree on that. He has already said that he is going to have in person evaluations with the top 4 QBs (Bradford, Clausen, Tebow, McCoy). So far, the only one he has publicly praised is Tebow:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...tebow-hes.html

The value Shanny puts on a strong offensive line is obvious and similar to when he drafted Cutler, he is usually clear about a qb that he likes. I listen to DC sports talk radio non stop and follow all the insiders online. Shanahan has endorsed Campbell this year as well as made known that Grossman will get a chance to play. He has mentioned looking at each of the top qbs and we know hes met with at least Bradford, Clausen, and Tebow so far but most media sources have been clear that he is quite high on both Bradford and Tebow but not sold on Clausen. Well see but I would be willing to wager at this point that if Bradfords gone and Okung and Clausen are on the board, hes going Okung and a qb later. I wouldnt be surprised either if you see a draft day trade of Campbell and a qb drafted in the 2nd or 4th round which would put the depth chart at Rexy / Brennan / Rookie (most likely Tebow).
            Last edited by DiG; 03-26-2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

I like the Saints picks.
              Last edited by Scott Wright; 03-26-2010, 09:56 AM.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Let's put it this way:

If the Redskins / Shanahan aren't ready to give Jason Campbell the job outright now he obviously doesn't have much faith in him. Jeez, he is going to make him compete with Rex Grossman!?! If that's the case it would be a catastrophic mistake to pass on Clausen.
                Scott Wright, President
                Draft Countdown.com
                www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Let's put it this way:

If the Redskins / Shanahan aren't ready to give Jason Campbell the job outright now he obviously doesn't have much faith in him. Jeez, he is going to make him compete with Rex Grossman!?! If that's the case it would be a catastrophic mistake to pass on Clausen.
                  Besides that, Clausen is better than Bradford anyway.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Don't want Spiller, I'll take Dan Williams, or any of the OL you had in the next few picks for the Giants

Comment

Let's put it this way:

I dont think its that he doesnt have faith in him I think its more that they know he isnt going to resign and given his age/number of systems you arent building a future around him. Why would it be catastrophic if they dont value Clausen as a franchise top 5 qb prospect? If Shannahan and Allen study the tape, interview, etc and dont see him as a fit or a prospect worth top 5 money than why force the pick if you like Mccoy/Tebow in the 2nd and can get a franchise LT in the first? If they take Clausen than I will respect the pick because I know that Shanny/Allen know how to evaluate a qb but if they pass on him I cant see how you would call it catastrophic for the same reasoning.

Comment

With Brian Price & Dan Williams still on the board, going with Odrick is a bad pick in my opinion.
                        GO RAVENS

Comment

I really, really, doubt the Packers draft a CB under 6'. We had a chance to take Flowers, and passed on it because of his height. He also has a similar style of play to Wilson. I think the Packers take Mays, if he is there; he fits the type of prospect the Packers draft.

Comment

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY DEZ!!!!! :D

Wow, never have I been so happy reading your new mock, Scott. That's about as perfect a 2 rounder for the Phins that I could ask for. Dez and "Mount Cody" would be AWESOME! They both fill our obviously most glaring needs in a big way. Nice work and I agree completely with the explanations. Man, I hope you're right!!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

I can live with the Chiefs drafting OT at five but passing on Okung makes no since if that is the route they want to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information