Top 5 LT prospects of the 2000's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 LT prospects of the 2000's

where would you guys rank the top left tackles entering the draft dating from this current draft thru the past decade. Let's not be biased by their NFL production, but simply as a prospect.

i believe a few names to throw around are Gallery, Chris Samuels, Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Mike Williams, McKinnie, Leonard Davis, Ferguson, Gross

i honestly don;t think that this class has even a top 10 guy in this category.

rankings?
    thought?
    Last edited by theMadStork; 03-26-2010, 05:43 PM.
    When rookie Howie Long took a breather for one play in 1981, Hendricks called a time out and told his puzzled teammates, "I miss Howie."

1. Robert Gallery

2. thru 5. The Rest

Comment

I'd rank them like this...

1. Robert Gallery
      2. Joe Thomas
      3. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
      4. Jake Long
      5. Eugene Monroe
      Last edited by TACKLE; 03-26-2010, 10:59 PM.

Comment

yeah, Gallery was supposed to be AWESOME!

Now he's an average guard on a bad team....

Comment

It would have to come down to:
          Chris Samuels, Leonard Davis, Robert Gallery, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Joe Thomas, and Jake Long. I'm not entirely certain on how Samuels and Davis' stocks were at the time. Of the other guys I'd say Gallery was the best, followed by Thomas, then Long, then Ferguson.

Comment

Thomas
            Gallery
            Ferguson
            Long
            Samuels

BONUS: Andre Smith before the complete nosedive after which he still got drafted 6th.

Comment

From when I've followed the draft (2004+) there's really just three to me that stick out ahead of the pack..

1. Robert Gallery
              2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
              3. Joe Thomas

4. Jake Long

Not sure about #5. Maybe Andre Smith. He was a beast before the combine and everything else brought him down some.

Comment

so, from what i'm seeing, Okung (assuming he's the current #1) is no where near this list.

i think he's a solid prospect, but by no means in the same league as these guys.
                When rookie Howie Long took a breather for one play in 1981, Hendricks called a time out and told his puzzled teammates, "I miss Howie."

Comment

As a Panther's fan I am biased and he isn't top 5 but Jordan Gross should be top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by theMadStork View Post
                    so, from what i'm seeing, Okung (assuming he's the current #1) is no where near this list.

i think he's a solid prospect, but by no means in the same league as these guys.
                    Okung is not top 10 this decade, probably not even top 15.

Comment

Originally posted by theMadStork View Post

Right. Just using last year as an example.. I like Okung more than Jason Smith, but I'd take Andre Smith or Eugene Monroe before him.

Comment

I really thought Gallery was going to step on the field from day one and be one of the better LT's, I still can't believe how he turned out. (I was sold)

Comment

as a Raiders fan, yeah, I was sold on Gallery too.
                          I think the fact that he wasn't just put in at LT day 1 hurt his development and he never caught up. His first few years he was really bounced around.

he is, in fact, a pretty good LG for us right now. But considering what his promise was...holy cow, not in the same galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by WMD View Post
                            Right. Just using last year as an example.. I like Okung more than Jason Smith, but I'd take Andre Smith or Eugene Monroe before him.
                            I agree. i never quite bought in to Jason Smith and I thought Andre was the bees knees.

Comment

1. Gallery
                              2. J. Thomas
                              3. C. Samuels
                              4. Jake Long (was first pick but some didn't like him at LT)
                              5. D'Brick

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information