Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many drafts have you watched? Favorite moment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many drafts have you watched? Favorite moment?

I have watched every NFL draft since 1994 (16 years...wow!) and my favorite moment was the first year I watched it when the Colts took Trev Alberts instead of Trent Dilfer. Mel Kiper ripped the pick so Bill Tobin, who was the Colts GM at the time, comes on the air and rips Kiper by saying "who the hell is Mel Kiper anyway? He's never work a jock strap and has no more business analyzing my picks than my neighbor and my neighbor is a post man." I was hooked from that moment on.

well if they took Trent Dilfer that would have been an equally bad pick

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Most memorable moment was watching the time expire as the vikings were on the clock in 03 and the mad scramble that ensued. Seeing Chris Berman, Chris Mortenson, and Mel Kiper dumbfounded and an entire live telecast almost implode before my very eyes was classic in every way.

I also ponder a question right now as well, if the Rams wanted Bradford, but would settle for Suh, or McCoy, why not let their time expire and watch Detroit and Tampa try and figure out who is going to blink first as Detroit is on the clock? I think it would be genius to have my three names in the guys hand next to the podium and have him aware of all the contingencies that could transpire and be able to select 2nd or 3rd in an attempt to pay less of a bonus to their pick. Not at all likely to happen, but I think there may come a scenario soon where something like this could happen.

Comment

ted ginn jr being picked over quinn and some old lady getting pissed as well as the dolphin nation

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
          well if they took Trent Dilfer that would have been an equally bad pick
          You mean Super Bowl winning quaterback Trent Dilfer?

(Trev Alberts blows)

Originally posted by snuff
          Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

The Vikes missing their pick was absolutely classic. I also loved last year when the ESPN crew had absolutely NO information--much less video highlights--on Mike Mitchell when the Raiders took him in the second round, because he wasn't thought to be a draftable prospect. That was awesome.

Comment

How about the Jets passing Warren Sapp, that was classic
              Patriots Draft 2015
              1. CB - Marcus Peters
              2. WR - Sammie Coates
              3. RB - David Johnson
              3. DT - Angelo Blackson
              4. OG - Tre Jackson
              4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
              5. LB - Ben Heeney
              6. TE - Wes Saxton
              7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

For my own team - seeing Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis and Michael Crabtree all slip to our spot and get picked by us.

Other teams - Raiders taking Bey, Vikings pick expiring, Dolphins taking Ginn over Quinn, just to name a few. There's usually something that gets me ROFLing.

Comment

The Camera focusing in on Quinn waiting with each pick
                  Patriots Draft 2015
                  1. CB - Marcus Peters
                  2. WR - Sammie Coates
                  3. RB - David Johnson
                  3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                  4. OG - Tre Jackson
                  4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                  5. LB - Ben Heeney
                  6. TE - Wes Saxton
                  7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

The first draft I ever saw was the 2007 one. The first draft I saw with knowledge about it was the 2008 one.

So I guess my favorite moment was when we managed to land Mendenhall and Sweed in 08. Especially the Sweed pick. :(

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by RWills View Post
                      The Camera focusing in on Quinn waiting with each pick
                      Lol, Goodell inviting him to his private chambers or whatever the room was called so he didn't have to face the cameras for so long.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by jnew76 View Post
                        Most memorable moment was watching the time expire as the vikings were on the clock in 03 and the mad scramble that ensued. Seeing Chris Berman, Chris Mortenson, and Mel Kiper dumbfounded and an entire live telecast almost implode before my very eyes was classic in every way.

I also ponder a question right now as well, if the Rams wanted Bradford, but would settle for Suh, or McCoy, why not let their time expire and watch Detroit and Tampa try and figure out who is going to blink first as Detroit is on the clock? I think it would be genius to have my three names in the guys hand next to the podium and have him aware of all the contingencies that could transpire and be able to select 2nd or 3rd in an attempt to pay less of a bonus to their pick. Not at all likely to happen, but I think there may come a scenario soon where something like this could happen.
                        This was discussed by Lions fans last year. You'd have a huge fight with the agent, who'd want whoever the Rams ended up taking to get #1 overall money regardless of if they ended up picking him 2nd or 3rd. The let the clock run out strategy seems like a good idea, but I don't think it would actually work.

Although it would be hilarious to see, and definately a classic moment.

Originally posted by Jakey
                        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Curtis Martin's draft which was 94, 95 can't remember was my first. My first draft that I actually tried to research was Terry Glenn's draft which I think was 95, 96
                          Patriots Draft 2015
                          1. CB - Marcus Peters
                          2. WR - Sammie Coates
                          3. RB - David Johnson
                          3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                          4. OG - Tre Jackson
                          4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                          5. LB - Ben Heeney
                          6. TE - Wes Saxton
                          7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

Originally posted by Creek View Post
                            You mean Super Bowl winning quaterback Trent Dilfer?

(Trev Alberts blows)

And ironically enough they both ended up working for ESPN once they retired from football.

Comment

My favorite moment was when the Browns drafted Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan. No, wait, that was Tim Couch instead of Donovan McNabb.

Or was it when the Browns drafted Gerard Warren instead of Ladanian Tomlison? It all gets so confusing.

Actually, my favorite moment was watching Brady Quinn sit there with his fake blonde lady friend for most of the first round. I'm just sad that the Browns moved up to get him.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information