Early 2011 Offensive Guard Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early 2011 Offensive Guard Thread

How many OGs likely go in the 1st Round in 2011(if any)?

Are guys like Rodney Hudson, Mike Pouncey, and Kris ODowd (I know he is a Center) likely 2nd Round picks?

Mike will end up going higher than Maurkice.

Not by the Steelers, though.

Comment

I like the usc guy, a lot. If mike pouncey would have gone higher than markice pouncey, you would think he would have come out.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
        Mike will end up going higher than Maurkice.

Not by the Steelers, though.
        Maurkice went extremely high for his position and I don't think Mike is as good.

Comment

How is Maurkice better than Mike, think about it, they've got the exact same genetics, have received the exact same coaching, they're basically the same player. The only thing that Maurkice had on Mike is versatility and that won't be the same come April, Maurkice played RG and C in his time at Florida and Mike has played both LG and RG in his time and this season he takes over as the starting C. They're basically the same prospect, just different names.
          Last edited by Thumper; 06-13-2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
            How is Maurkice better than Mike, think about it, they've got the exact same genetics, have received the exact same coaching, they're basically the same player. The only thing that Maurkice had on Mike is versatility and that won't be the same come April, Maurkice played RT and C in his time at Florida and Mike has played both LG and RG in his time and this season he takes over as the starting C. They're basically the same prospect, just different names.
            That's not how it works

Comment

Well, if everybody thought that mike was as good a player as markice, mike would have come out, dont you think?

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                Maurkice went extremely high for his position and I don't think Mike is as good.
                I know. Maurkice is a better player than Mike, but somehow I see Mike going higher, maybe for staying all 4 years.

Comment

If markice is a better player than mike, why would mike go higher.

Comment

This isn't a very good guard class. Mike Pouncey is far and away the best offensive guard prospect if a team takes him as an OG, he was dominant last season for Florida. Justin Boren is a very good guard prospect. But the best guards are going to be the tackles that switch to OG, Jason Pinkston, Marcus Cannon, Benjamin Ijalana and Matt Reynolds all have the tools to be very successful guards.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                      That's not how it works
                      I realize that they're not the same because they're identical twins, but they're equally effective in the game, they're the same size, they're equally powerful, they're even in every phase of the game except experience at center at this point. Please, explain the differences between the two, because there really aren't any IMO.

Comment

And you know this how?

Comment

Originally posted by bce View Post
                          And you know this how?
                          Are you talking to me? Ummm you see, there is thing called actually watching games.

Comment

I was skeptical on Hudson in the first round because he played at 290 last year which I think is just too light to play elite OG at, but supposedly with FSU's new strength and condition staff, and new nutritionists, Hudson will play at over 300 this year and most say it is all really good weight.

He isn't a physical freak, but he has the exact attitude to play guard.

There is also a possibility that he can play center as he is FSU's backup center, so that versatility might come into play.

Comment

I think John Moffitt is the best guard prospect...he's got great size, feet and versatility...he's the best player along the Badgers' outstanding line and probably their best line prospect since Joe Thomas

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information