Freak of the Freaks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freak of the Freaks?

Ok, i know there was alot of talk about some guys over the last few years like Taylor Mays running in the 4.2 or 4.3's last year at 6'3" 230, but i think this guy takes the cake.

Nevada DE Dontay Moch may just be the freak of the freaks. He is a DE/OLB prospect at 6'1" 245 and has supposedly run in the 4.2's and said he's capable of running in the high 4.1's :shock: . Here's the article on him.

While their names are more recognizable to the casual college football fan, the player creating the most buzz in the scouting world as the National reports circulate is Nevada pass rusher Dontay Moch .

That is because Moch, a 6-1, 245 pound defensive end who'll almost surely be asked to move to linebacker in the NFL, proved to be one of the fastest players tested by National scouts.

His time?

4.25 seconds, according to sources.

What is especially stunning about Moch's time is that, according to multiple sources, Moch claims to have run even faster times on multiple occasions, including a stunning 4.19 second effort that scouts, coaches and prospective agents across the country are whispering about.

Most exciting is that Moch's speed translates well to the field.

Playing defensive end for the Wolfpack, the 6-1, 245 pound Moch has been a terror off the edge, earning the WAC Defensive Player of the Year honors last season with 61 tackles, an eye-popping 20 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks and two forced fumbles. In 2008, Moch was similarly effective, posting 50 tackles, 17.5 tackles for loss and 11.5 sacks.
    http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/...82485/22523668

I'm not saying that this is true or whatnot, but if it is thats one dam impressive time.

EDIT: I almost forgot but here is a highlight video of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gtsE4RxIt4
    Last edited by Duffman57; 06-15-2010, 03:29 PM.

They prefer to be called African Americans.

Comment

i dont like his size a de... maybe a 43 will with that speed

Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
        Ha....hahahahahahhaa
        Stay golden.

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

We will have to wait and see if these numbers are true, but if they are, that is mind-boggling freaky.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Yea, I've already read about this and supposedly it's very true.

However, there was another article that collected all the rumored times and there were at least 4-5 different ones, so I'm sure he ran a 4.2-4.3, but a 4.19 may be stretching it.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Moch as a prospect is very intriguing as well. He packs quite a punch for being only 6'1" 245. Obviously, his size will limit his opportunity at DE in the NFL, but he is comparable to 2010 draftee Jason Worilds. He's got good lateral ability, extremely athletic (obviously) and is very relentless.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Moch speed? Couldn't resist.

Originally posted by borg9
                Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Ill believe it when it's official, The Georgia Bulldogs have a DE/OLB who supposedly ran a 4.27 in the 40. There's always tales of players running freakish times. Let's see them do it when we have more than 'sources' to prove it.

Comment

I'll give Moch the benefit of the doubt and give him a 4.3 flat. Unlikely at his size, but obviously he has special speed so his actual time might not be too far from that. However, is that really "freakier" than guys like Vernon Davis (6'3 254 4.38 33 reps 42" vert), Calvin Johnson (6'5 239 4.35 42" vert), or Mario Williams (6'7 295 4.70 35 reps 40" vert)?
                    I'm a state.

Comment

You can tell from those highlights that he's quick, but it's hard to tell much of anything regarding his speed. If he can clock a low 4.3 or high 4.2, that's great and all, but going from 4-3 DE to 4-3 LB isn't always an easy transition and we've seen plenty of ridiculously fast linebackers fail in the NFL.

Teddy Lehman anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                        so good....hahahaha
                        E]

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                          Moch as a prospect is very intriguing as well. He packs quite a punch for being only 6'1" 245. Obviously, his size will limit his opportunity at DE in the NFL, but he is comparable to 2010 draftee Jason Worilds. He's got good lateral ability, extremely athletic (obviously) and is very relentless.
                          worilds is pushin 260, and ran a 4.51 on the fastest track on the planet so probably more like a 4.7 when it matters
                          E]

Comment

If true, line him up as a 3-4 rushbacker and let him loose. He's about the same size as James Harrison.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              You can tell from those highlights that he's quick, but it's hard to tell much of anything regarding his speed. If he can clock a low 4.3 or high 4.2, that's great and all, but going from 4-3 DE to 4-3 LB isn't always an easy transition and we've seen plenty of ridiculously fast linebackers fail in the NFL.

Teddy Lehman anybody?
                              Why do you think he would play LB in the 4-3? He would most likely be a 3-4 OLB.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information