Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the NFL change the eligibility for the Draft ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the NFL change the eligibility for the Draft ?

The Eligibility Rule is you have to have just 3 Years of College Experience. Should the Rule be changed so that younger players could go to the Draft ? Look at players who are Physically,Mentally who are Freshmen or Sophomore should they have the right to go early ? Look at Trent Richardson a guy like him is ready. Discuss.

no, it should remain where it is.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

if they're gonna repetively have us sit thru the national anthem and sing about the "land of the free" then yes they should change it....if a scientist or chemsist has what it takes to enter they're profession str8 out of high school there isnt nothing preventing a company from hiring them, why should football players be any different in a "free" country?

Comment

You cant have 18 year olds running around with grown men. Theyre going to get killed. Theyre a private business and in the land of the free we at least used to let private business make their own employment rules.

Its not basketball. theyre going to get slaughtered and theres no way at 18 yrs old they can compete so why bother.

The NFL is a mans game, not a teenagers game.

Comment

I am saying guys like Richardson,and Julio as a Freshmen they guys were ready.

Comment

Originally posted by bce View Post
            You cant have 18 year olds running around with grown men. Theyre going to get killed. Theyre a private business and in the land of the free we at least used to let private business make their own employment rules.

Its not basketball. theyre going to get slaughtered and theres no way at 18 yrs old they can compete so why bother.

is it good for the game?....no
            should it be allowed in a free country?....yes

Comment

Originally posted by bce View Post

Pretty nuch what I was gonna say to a T. Maybe if they wanted to move the eligability back like a year then it would be fine, but I think they have the perfect idea already.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman57 View Post
                Pretty nuch what I was gonna say to a T. Maybe if they wanted to move the eligability back like a year then it would be fine, but I think they have the perfect idea already.
                i agree for the sake of the game but they shouldnt sing the national anthem before every game cause it contradicts the spirit of freedom...i as an owner in a free country should be allowed to employ anybody i want over the age of 18 just as i as an 18 year old citizen should'nt be prohibited from getting into my profession if i'm ready in an employers eye.

Comment

Well yeah Im sorry I did not mean like Freshmen who have not even played College like players who just finished their Freshmen Year. I think if they moved the year back one it would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyz View Post
                    Julio jones cant even get through a college season uninjured. A running back shelf life is a bout 7 years. then youre going to put an 18 year old out there and let him run into casey hampton all day. theres no way. they will not be competitive and they will not physically survive.

Comment

Originally posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
                      is it good for the game?....no
                      should it be allowed in a free country?....yes

What should be allowed is for the nfl to make their own employment rules. thats what happens in a free country.

The rules exist for a reason. They dont want 18 year olds who just graduated from high school who dont have the physical development to compete anyway to be riding off in ambulances.

Its a grown mans game. No 18 year old is going to come in and tear up the nfl. theres no lebron james of football.

Comment

But they are a very weird acception. There are maybe 1 or 2 guys at most every year that are ready like that. The problem is that for every one that is actually ready, we would be giving another 50 guys who are going to get absolutly murdered a free pass to get into the NFL, which would be a stupid mistake.

And as for the "free country" arrguement, if its such a free country then why can't we do most stuff until we are 18 and we can't drink till we're 21, and we can't drive till 16 etc etc. Its because most people are not ready to do those things. There are some people who are ready and mature enough to handle the responsibility of using Alcohol without abusing it, does that mean we should let everyone drink even when there are acceptions to the rule? Proally not.

Because most people aren't ready/developed enough to play in the NFL until around their Jr. year or Sr. year, thats when they set the deadline. They do whats best for the whole, not the individuals.
                        Last edited by Duffman57; 06-28-2010, 10:38 PM.

Comment

I am not saying kids who just got out of High School.

Comment

The Eligibility Rule is you have to have just 3 Years of College Experience. Should the Rule be changed so that younger players could go to the Draft ? Look at players who are Physically,Mentally who are Freshmen or Sophomore should they have the right to go early ? Look at Trent Richardson a guy like him is ready. Discuss.
                            3 years out of high school, you mean. They don't actually have to have been in college for 3 years.
                            My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

Also, the "free country" argument is comedy gold.
                              My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information