Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonathan Baldwin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jonathan Baldwin




    I couldn't find a new thread on him, so let's use this one to talk about how good he is!


    http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

  • #2
    Reminds me of Vincent Jackson, physically and what he does on the football field.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

    Next Up: 2012

    Comment


    • #3
      I was thinking Plaxico Burress, before all of his shenanigans.


      http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        physically the most gifted wr to come out since calvin iyam


        Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

        Comment


        • #5
          Jackson was bigger and stronger coming out and had a bit of a different game. He was (and continues to be) a deep ball receiver because he's strong enough to out muscle defensive backs, fast enough to beat the majority of guys deep, and tracks the ball well over his shoulder.

          Baldwin, at least so far, has a bit of a different game. Pittsburgh seems to like sending him on deep comebacks because cornerbacks feel the need to give him lots of room and Baldwin can charge back on the ball to an insane degree due to his leaping ability. Your average college corner has no chance against Baldwin in that circumstance.

          Baldwin brings more of a body control and size game rather than a strength and quickness approach, but he's crazy talented either way. Easily good enough to be the first receiver off the board even considering the stiff competition he's likely to face at his position.

          Comment


          • #6
            i mean i know its common because of going to pitt but hes not THAT far off from fitz as a prospect....chances are they run about the same 40 in the 4.5-4.6 range, they are crazy good at getting the jump ball, both big, both pretty physical guys
            E]

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
              I was thinking Plaxico Burress, before all of his shenanigans.
              Baldwin has far more ability to go vertical than Burress does/did

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by K Train View Post
                i mean i know its common because of going to pitt but hes not THAT far off from fitz as a prospect....chances are they run about the same 40 in the 4.5-4.6 range, they are crazy good at getting the jump ball, both big, both pretty physical guys
                Baldwin is faster, but Fitzgerald is far better in traffic and more physical

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                  Baldwin is faster, but Fitzgerald is far better in traffic and more physical
                  im not saying exact clones, but i dont think calvin is a legit comparison.

                  and i dont think baldwin is gonna run that fast. i mean not a slow run, but i dont expect the scouts to be blown away like they were with calvin johnson.

                  from antonio bryant, to fitz, to baldwin...pitt has been cranking out good WRs in the last 8 or so years
                  E]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Will be a Top 10 pick after it's all said and done.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think I'm bigger on Baldwin than most people and I think he has a legitimate shot of being a Top 10-15 pick in April. I think he'll run in the 4.48-4.55 range and his speed is very deceptive.

                      He needs to branch his route running abilities a bit more because Pitt doesn't ask him to run a vast variety of them, but he definitely has the potential to be a very good #1 guy at the next level. His physical abilities are uncanny and will have scouts drooling and reminding some folks of Megatron.

                      BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by K Train View Post
                        im not saying exact clones, but i dont think calvin is a legit comparison.

                        and i dont think baldwin is gonna run that fast. i mean not a slow run, but i dont expect the scouts to be blown away like they were with calvin johnson.

                        from antonio bryant, to fitz, to baldwin...pitt has been cranking out good WRs in the last 8 or so years
                        Antonio Bryant has been a good wide receiver? He was a belitnikoff award winner and a pretty big dissapointment with a couple decent seasons thrown in

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i also think hes the most likely to return to school and be the consensus #1 WR in 2012 out of the big 4 this year
                          E]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                            Antonio Bryant has been a good wide receiver? He was a belitnikoff award winner and a pretty big dissapointment with a couple decent seasons thrown in
                            good college WR and decent prospect....he was a BEAST at pitt, i didnt say he took the world by storm in the pros

                            fitz went 3rd overall, bryant went in the second...i think baldwin is comfortably in between them in the 20 range.
                            Last edited by K Train; 06-30-2010, 07:05 PM.
                            E]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Oh my goodness, I LOVE Jon Baldwin. I want him on the Steelers so bad. I hope if he does come out, the Steelers don't pull the same mistake they made with Revis. Has great hands, strong, good body control, and fast. I hope he runs a slow 40 so the Steelers have a shot. He needs to work on his route tree, though.



                              <333333

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information