Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of Safety prospect is UCLA S Rahim Moore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of Safety prospect is UCLA S Rahim Moore?

I see him getting mocked to Dallas quite a bit already and I'm sure he'll be a popular pick for us mostly all year but I didn't get to see UCLA play very much last year and when I did he wasn't my focus but I'd like some insight as to how good he'll be at the next level, and how he compares to some past safety prospects.

What I read I like, and he sounds like a guy we need, which is basically a play-maker. His 10 picks last year were the most for any player since 1993 and that alone is highly impressive, he seems like he could be a great ball-hawking FS that can make plays on the ball in the air.

He's got some experience also which is huge, but I don't know how he'll time or what type of athlete he is either. Is he more of a late round 1st rounder at this point?

From what I gather he seems like exactly the type of player I'd want in Dallas, and is he clearly the better prospect to Deunta Williams?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

I think that Moore is a good ballhawk and centerfielder, but I think his stock will ultimately drop. Having another season like he just did will be difficult, and while I think he'll continue to put himself in the right place in the passing game, somehow I'd be surprised if he posts above 8 interceptions again.

The problem is that when people don't focus quite so much on his centerfield coverage skills, they are going to focus on his tackling, which is bad. He needs to show me much more in that facet before I predict him as a mid-late 1st rounder, because he was not up to NFL caliber as a tackler last year.

Comment

I agree with Mr. Moonduck. Here's a little highlight/lowlight tape of the UCLA safety: you can see the playmaking ability and the poor tackling.

Rahim Moore vs. Temple

Moore isn't as nasty a run defender as Deunta Williams, but I do think he's better in coverage. Last year, Williams was the beneficiary of a high pressure defense that gave him some easy picks; Moore does a better job of creating his own INT opportunities.

Comment

A superior one to Eric Berry, if you ask D-Unit. ;)
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I really like next year's S class.

Barron
          McDaniel
          Moore
          Williams
          Sands
          Hill
          Sash
          Culliver
          etc.

Comment

Yea, PMD pretty much summed it up. It's going to be pretty tough for Moore to put up the same kind of numbers this season now that teams know where he'll be at and what kind of player he actually is.

His tackling is pretty inconsistent and it needs to improve as well as his overall bulk. He's probably only around 190-195 right now, which won't cut it in the run game and when trying to deny any separation in the NFL.

He shows great vision and Read and React abilities and range though, which in today's NFL game, is highly, highly wanted.

I'm higher on Deunta Williams than most people though, but it would be a close ranking between the two. DeAndre McDaniel is #1 right now though.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

I really like next year's S class.

Barron
              McDaniel
              Moore
              Williams
              Sands
              Hill
              Sash
              Culliver
              etc.

He's on the top shelf with Deunta Williams, Tyler Sash & Barron.

I think Williams is the best overall, Moore excels in coverage & did it vs. better throwing QBs like Luck & Locker whom he faces again this yr. He was a pure ballhawk in 09 leading the nation with 10 INTs. Tackling & playing the run arent his strong suits.

Barron started last season well but really tailed off by being out of position & blowing coverages & tackles toward the end of the yr, saved his starting job by picking it up in the SEC CG vs. Tebow & the Gators & vs Texas in the NC game to finish by leading the SEC with 7 INTs. He's supposed to be the secondary leader at Bama this season as he's one of maybe 3-4 starters returning on that defense.

I like Tyler Sash just b/c he has a cool name. -D
              Last edited by LizardState; 07-01-2010, 04:49 PM.

Comment

If Berry and Earl Thomas have bang-up rookie campaigns as pass defenders, I could see it really benefiting Moore in the 2011 draft.

Other than Will Hill, none of these other safeties right now are even on my radar.
                The NFL places a high value on players who have a knack for getting to the QB or can create turnovers, so unless Rahim Moore falls on his face in 2010, a good season for him, assuming he tests well, almost assures he'll be a top 25 pick.

Comment

Beast in Coverage, but has to learn to tackle well enough to tackle me before he suits up in the NFL. Dude is straight up horrible at playing physical. No ability to get off blocks (not a huge deal for a safety), but more concerning are the angles he takes and his approach to some tackles.

Taking poor angles + going high on the ball carrier = many,many TDs in the NFL even if he manages 8 ints a year.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Moore. I'd currently label him as an average man's Eric Berry. He could crack up the Top 10, though.

Comment

this Safety class looks NIIIICE!

Comment

He's like a less athletic Earl Thomas. Though Rahim has a little bit bigger frame.

edit - The more I think of it, the less I like this comparison.
                        Last edited by TACKLE; 07-01-2010, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          I see him getting mocked to Dallas quite a bit already and I'm sure he'll be a popular pick for us mostly all year but I didn't get to see UCLA play very much last year and when I did he wasn't my focus but I'd like some insight as to how good he'll be at the next level, and how he compares to some past safety prospects.

What I read I like, and he sounds like a guy we need, which is basically a play-maker. His 10 picks last year were the most for any player since 1993 and that alone is highly impressive, he seems like he could be a great ball-hawking FS that can make plays on the ball in the air.

He's got some experience also which is huge, but I don't know how he'll time or what type of athlete he is either. Is he more of a late round 1st rounder at this point?

From what I gather he seems like exactly the type of player I'd want in Dallas, and is he clearly the better prospect to Deunta Williams?
                          At this point in all likelihoood a safety who probably had 5 passes thrown right into his hands. Is deunta williams a good prospect?

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Well neither Rahim or Deunta are the best safety in this class. That distinction would go to DeAndre McDaniel from Clemson. DeAndre is every bit the playmaker that the other two are but is also a better all-around athlete. At 6'1 210, he had 8 picks and is a great ball hawk but also has the physicality to come up in the box and make a big hit. He does have an off-field concern that may or may not become any issue, but the talent and ability is definitely there. I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread to talk about a different player but it seemed like you were trying to figure out who the premier safety in this draft is between Williams and Moore and to me, McDaniel is pretty clearly that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              Well neither Rahim or Deunta are the best safety in this class. That distinction would go to DeAndre McDaniel from Clemson. DeAndre is every bit the playmaker that the other two are but is also a better all-around athlete. At 6'1 210, he had 8 picks and is a great ball hawk but also has the physicality to come up in the box and make a big hit. He does have an off-field concern that may or may not become any issue, but the talent and ability is definitely there. I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread to talk about a different player but it seemed like you were trying to figure out who the premier safety in this draft is between Williams and Moore and to me, McDaniel is pretty clearly that guy.
                              Sounds like another guy who probably had 5 balls thrown right into his hands. Every time i watched clemson play defense, with all the supposed "talent" they got torched. Gave up a lot of points for so much "talent" in the games i saw.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information