sturdivant arrested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sturdivant arrested

My favorite ilb has been arrested on pot charges.

I remember i went to chapel hill one year when i was in shcool and partied with several football players.

Its always something you have to watch with north carolina players.

espn.com

I too really like Sturdivant but I don't think this is too big of a deal. It's no secret that college kids smoke pot. As long as he wasn't selling/dealing it, he should be fine but I'm sure this will turn some teams off.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

This isn't a good thing, but it's not that serious. This will turn some teams off but he will still get drafted high if he plays well next year.

Comment

Doesnt mean he cant play surely. Why would you want to bring a pot head inside linebacker on your team with a high pick. Theyre a dime a dozen anyway, it looks like a relatively deep class, so are you going to bring in the guy who smokes pot or you going to bring in the similar guy that doesnt. I just wouldnt bother. You can get another quan sturdivant anywhere, and one that hasnt been busted.

Comment

the problem will come where teams will select him, particularly in a loaded LB class like next year.

I think this could drop him from the 2rd round range to the 3rd round area.

From a Business point of view, Sturdivant has to be considered a risker draft pick than he was yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Offseason View Post
            This isn't a good thing, but it's not that serious. This will turn some teams off but he will still get drafted high if he plays well next year.
            Yeah, this. Still think he's going in the 2nd.

Comment

I don't think this has any impact whatsoever

Comment

First of all bce not even thread worthy.

Saw this yesterday I think and a link told me Mel Kiper has him as the #1 ILB on his board, even I will take Greg Jones over him. He BETTER play against LSU though maybe Kevin Reddick will get alot of PT which works for me.
                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                Coples is that dude.
                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Offseason View Post
                  It's too early for anyone to care. He will be fine if he plays well this year.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

"...In addition to the outcome of the legal process, he also will face disciplinary action from within the football program beginning immediately."
                    What kind of disciplinary action does everyone believe he will get? If he is suspended for even a quarter or two of the LSU game, that could be huge.

Comment

As a UNC fan I hope he doesn't get suspended for the LSU game because we need to be at full strength for that. Hell, even at full strength I don't trust TJ Yates to do anything worthwhile against that defense, so our D will have to come up huge in that game in my opinion.

Hard to say what will actually happen. I guess I have a hard time seeing Butch suspend him for such a critical game.

Comment

I will laugh when kids are ignoring other schools completely to walk on at California Pac-10 schools or instead going to CA community colleges out here after the election in November.

Comment

This is nothing more than a small note in his scouting report. If he has further incidents you better believe each and every one will be magnified, but as of right now I don't think many people care about a lone marijuana charge. This is as big a deal as a freshman or sophomore football player drinking at a party.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                          - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                          www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

In a recent article, Mel Kiper predicted that the character-conscious Browns would take Sturdivant with their 2011 1st round pick. The pot bust makes that at least a little bit less likely.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              I will laugh when kids are ignoring other schools completely to walk on at California Pac-10 schools or instead going to CA community colleges out here after the election in November.
                              I can see Lane Kiffin making pitches with dimebags as, um, "visual aides."

If kids are making their decisions based on their ability to roll around with weed in their pocket during the offseason, then I doubt they'll have the academics to get into the Cal's and UCLA's of the world. ;)

Besides, they'll still do testing during the season. I don't think the NCAA and Pac 10 will allow the kids who go to the California schools to be able to smoke pot during the season and not be punished. We already know the NFL won't allow it, since what's agreed to in the CBA supercedes state law. Don't ya think something will be put in place?
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information