Prospect of the Day: OLB Mark Herzlich, Boston College

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect of the Day: OLB Mark Herzlich, Boston College

To see previously discussed prospects, click here.

Highlights!

Big guy with a great attitude. Won't be the best athlete out there, but is a smart player that ultimately makes plays. His battle with cancer apparently has given him the type of mentality and work ethic that many coaches crave in their players.

Props to clover_jeez!

Love to see him in Bills jersey

Comment

If he proves that he's recovered and still plays at a high level, I think he'll end up somewhere with a Parcells/Bellichick disciple as a head coach. He just seems like the type of player who would fit extremely well in a situation like that.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        If he proves that he's recovered and still plays at a high level, I think he'll end up somewhere with a Parcells/Bellichick disciple as a head coach. He just seems like the type of player who would fit extremely well in a situation like that.
        thats like half the league nowadays

but yeah id love him in a saints uni

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I think that he's, at best, a fringe 1st rounder value-wise, but I love his game.

I just have to see him play at that level again this season.

Comment

I absolutely love the idea of Herzlich being moved inside within a 3-4 defense. I'd be thrilled to have him on the Browns defense.

Phenominal instincts for the game that make up for his less than stellar speed, but he brings a ton of size

Comment

One of my favorites ever, Herzy was an absolute animal before he got sick. Herzy would have been lethal in a 3-4; great size, amazing in coverage, super pass rusher, good athlete, and just an all around great linebacker. I'm really curious to see how he looks this year but he has a great story and I will be rooting for him no matter what.

Comment

I'd love to see him in Black and Gold to carry on the linebacker tradition. He's such a player.

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                  thats like half the league nowadays

but yeah id love him in a saints uni
                  Alright....Parcells/Bellichick defensive coaching disciples. I suppose he'd look good in any 3-4 really though...

Comment

<3 Hopefully he'll be taking over for Urlacher some day.
                    I want a sig.

Comment

the type of player that any team would love to have...i think he'll get drafted earlier than his play/ability suggests but he'll have a Tim Tebow type influence on an organization

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                        the type of player that any team would love to have...i think he'll get drafted earlier than his play/ability suggests but he'll have a Tim Tebow type influence on an organization
                        I completely agree.

Having him can only better a team.

Comment

Before the sickness he was the best in pass coverage for a LB that i'd ever seen. You have to put a big fat asterisk next to his name till we find out if he's all the way back. You cant afford to lose a step at that level.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                            Before the sickness he was the best in pass coverage for a LB that i'd ever seen. You have to put a big fat asterisk next to his name till we find out if he's all the way back. You cant afford to lose a step at that level.
                            According to National Scouting he received the same grade after cancer as before.

Then again, National Scouting isn't worth s***.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Would be so down to get his guy in the 2nd lol not sure if he could play 4-3 OLB with his speed but I haven't watched a whole lot.

I am probably dreaming he will fall to the 2nd.
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                              Coples is that dude.
                              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information