Prospect of the Day: WR A.J. Green, Georgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect of the Day: WR A.J. Green, Georgia

To see previously discussed prospects, click here.

WR A.J. Green, Georgia
    6'4 - 207 lbs. - Junior

Highlights!

Awesome WR prospect. Has size, speed, elite ability, great tracking of the ball, gets it with his hands and not his body, should be an early pick if he declares, and so far there's no reason for him not to.

Props to clover_jeez!

Absolute animal, is my favorite WR in this class. Would love to see him on the Pats to be our future #1.

Comment

STUD.

I'd love to see him on the Texans playing along with AJ at WR.

Comment

best wideout class i can remember by a mile

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Definite top 5 pick imo. If a rookie salary structure gets put into place, he could even be in contention for the top spot depending on the team imo.

Comment

Beasty McBeast Beast.

Love him. Probably my favorite prospect in this upcoming draft.

Comment

If hes so studly how come hes been easily outperformed by others, is less physically gifted than others. Wide receiver with the #1 pick. Oh the humanity!

Comment

Originally posted by bce View Post
                If hes so studly how come hes been easily outperformed by others, is less physically gifted than others.
                Is this a question?

He hasn't been easily outperformed. He does NOT lack physical gifts. He is the most polished wide receiver in terms of technique and route running.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

If hes so studly how come hes been easily outperformed by others, is less physically gifted than others. Wide receiver with the #1 pick. Oh the humanity!
                  because he isnt easily outperformed by other, isnt less physically gifted and nobody claims he ought to bo #1.

And one should remember the quality of the guy throwing him the ball last season.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I did actually make the assertion a few posts up that, with a rookie salary structure in place, Green possibly being the #1 overall pick is perfectly reasonable imo.

The insane money you have to pay the first overall pick makes it so you can only feasibly take a QB, LT or stud pass rusher with the pick as it is. However, if those salaries are brought within control, I absolutely would not fault a team like the Rams if they took Green #1 overall. Already have franchise QB and LT hopefully, spent a lot of high picks on the d-line prior to that.....no real threat at WR......I'd have absolutely no problem with it if it were to happen that way.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                      Is this a question?

He hasn't been easily outperformed. He does NOT lack physical gifts. He is the most polished wide receiver in terms of technique and route running.
                      There it is again "polish" "route running" technique things that cant be measured to compensate for the lack of what can be measured. Im not saing he lacks physical gifts, im saying hes not the most gifted

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        I did actually make the assertion a few posts up that, with a rookie salary structure in place, Green possibly being the #1 overall pick is perfectly reasonable imo.

The insane money you have to pay the first overall pick makes it so you can only feasibly take a QB, LT or stud pass rusher with the pick as it is. However, if those salaries are brought within control, I absolutely would not fault a team like the Rams if they took Green #1 overall. Already have franchise QB and LT hopefully, spent a lot of high picks on the d-line prior to that.....no real threat at WR......I'd have absolutely no problem with it if it were to happen that way.

Its never reasonable to take a wr with the #1 overall pick. Youre going to catch calvin johnson syndrome. He may be a good player but 0-16 or thereabouts will follow soon after. Especially on a player whos nowhere near that gifted so chances are its not going to help you win many games.

Comment

There it is again "polish" "route running" technique things that cant be measured to compensate for the lack of what can be measured. Im not saing he lacks physical gifts, im saying hes not the most gifted
                          Who's the most gifted then? And why?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Baldwin, becuase he makes more big plays, more spectacular catches, is more productive, has 36 inch arms and a 40 inch vert jump, 4.4 speed, more physical 225 lbs so no nfl dbs are going to physically manhandle baldwin, not injury prone, better blocker, from aliquippa, the per capita greatest breeding ground on earth for football players.

Basically, there is nothing about aj green that is better.

Comment

Traditionally, taking a WR #1 is not a good value, but if there's a salary cap like in basketball, where the difference in the contract and guaranteed money between the #1 overall and the #8 pick is minimal, I don't see the hurt in reaching on a guy who's rated a top 10 talent, if he fills a need.

Personally, I don't think AJ Green is that type of player; he's not even 210# and I have to see a confirmed time on his 40 before I believe he's ready to dominate in the pros.

I like everything else about him as a wideout, but I wanna see more info at the end of the season on his measurables.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information