Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Cruz, WR, UMass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Victor Cruz, WR, UMass

    Not a Jets fan, but reports is that he is tearing it up in Practice and did very well last night on MNF on ESPN. What happened? Why was he overlooked?

  • #2
    Originally posted by dietcoke111 View Post
    Not a Jets fan, but reports is that he is tearing it up in Practice and did very well last night on MNF on ESPN. What happened? Why was he overlooked?
    He's with the Giants.

    He was an All-Conference WR at UMass and had preseason All-American accolades.

    He was likely a top 50-75 WR prospect in 2010.

    Really got attention after an impressive performance at Boston College's Pro-Day.

    He added his name to a huge list of UDFAWR's to sign with teams this offseason.

    His performance was HUGE but I'd like to see more before I consider him a HUGE miss by other teams.

    Comment


    • #3
      Because he went to U-Mass.
      **** her in da *****!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by descendency View Post
        Because he went to U-Mass.
        So did Vladimir Ducasse who went in round 2 (and I wish we would've gotten him), so it's not like people weren't seeing UMass game tape.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd be highly skeptical of anyone who said they were talking about him back before the Draft. From what I've read, he was a 5 year player at UMass who was good, but didn't put up mind blowing numbers or anything. Don't be too quick to assume the Giants will keep him around. The Giants have a number of talented, young WRs: Nicks, Smith, Barden, Manningham, and numerous rookies. Eli should be pretty happy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Halsey View Post
            I'd be highly skeptical of anyone who said they were talking about him back before the Draft. From what I've read, he was a 5 year player at UMass who was good, but didn't put up mind blowing numbers or anything. Don't be too quick to assume the Giants will keep him around. The Giants have a number of talented, young WRs: Nicks, Smith, Barden, Manningham, and numerous rookies. Eli should be pretty happy.
            Barden sucks camel dick.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
              Barden sucks camel dick.
              link? (10 char)

              BK

              Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                link? (10 char)
                http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...playerId=12555

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Giants knew they were drafting a very raw player. He still needs some time to develop. They don't even need him right now anyways.

                  Sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Who is the WR the Giants recently cut?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They waived Domenik Hixon (who was injured) but he cleared waivers and was placed on IR.

                      Other than that... Chris Davis and Adam Jennings were waived.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                        So did Vladimir Ducasse who went in round 2 (and I wish we would've gotten him), so it's not like people weren't seeing UMass game tape.
                        Ducasse was also a 6'5", 330 lb LT. If someone has a 6'5", 330lb LT, I want to see them regardless of their school. Lots of people have 6'0" WRs though.
                        **** her in da *****!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by descendency View Post
                          Ducasse was also a 6'5", 330 lb LT. If someone has a 6'5", 330lb LT, I want to see them regardless of their school. Lots of people have 6'0" WRs though.
                          They're on the same tape. If you watched Ducasse, you'd see Cruz. If he was blowing up on UMass tape, scouts would see it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That's almost as clever as ripping on Mario after his rookie year, good thing that guy sucks camel dick to cause he certainly wasn't tearing teams up last year after having gotten to sit for a year...

                            BK

                            Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                              So did Vladimir Ducasse who went in round 2 (and I wish we would've gotten him), so it's not like people weren't seeing UMass game tape.
                              Who was their QB when Cruz was there? Was he any good? Who knows maybe he was a later 7th round grade, but teams went in a different direction. It's not the first time an undrafted free agent had success.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information