Who goes #1 overall Mike Vick vs Carson Palmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who goes #1 overall Mike Vick vs Carson Palmer

Who do you guys think would go #1 ovrall if these two QB prospects came out in the same draft class. Now, please don't factor in their NFL careers, this is based off their pure physical ability and hype surrounding them as prospects entering the NFL. Who goes #1?

I'd pick Vick.

I like Palmer, but I'd take Vick.

Comment

Coming out of college, Carson Palmer every time.

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

Carson is my standard for what I think a franchise QB (prospect) should be. He was at least above average in every imaginable category, was out of an elite college program, and had tons of experience.

Vick on the other hand was unique. There has never been a player quite like him before or since, and his potential was absolutely limitless.

It's hard to go wrong (viewing them as prospects alone,) but I'd go with Carson.

Comment

Oooooh, good topic.

Carson was pretty much the prototype of "franchise QB." Vick was an elite physical specimen with every tool you ask for. It really comes down to preference between the two.

It still saddens me to see what revisionist historians have already done with Vick's career. I don't care that he was an unorthodox quarterback, the dude was a flat out gamer. Those Falcons teams he took deep into the playoffs were downright terrible, and he literally did it by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            Oooooh, good topic.

Carson was pretty much the prototype of "franchise QB." Vick was an elite physical specimen with every tool you ask for. It really comes down to preference between the two.

It still saddens me to see what revisionist historians have already done with Vick's career. I don't care that he was an unorthodox quarterback, the dude was a flat out gamer. Those Falcons teams he took deep into the playoffs were downright terrible, and he literally did it by himself.
            I will never forget him running all over us for the first playoff loss at Lambeau.

Comment

Ive stated over and over that Mike Vick is one of the most mis-used players in the history of the NFL. Trying to force him, with his skillset, into a WCO run by Greg ******* Knapp of all people was beyond idiotic. You had a player who was unique, couldn't be gameplanned for, and had off the charts playmaking ability...so they ask him to do what anyone else could of done? Ive often repeated that the process of moulding running QBs into pocket passers in the pros is an awful concept, seeing as how most of those players are drafted due to their ability to make plays with their legs...Vick is the epitome of this.

As far as Carson goes, it wasn't that he was just above average in every category...he was elite in every category. He had the size, strength, pedigree, personality, and an absolute cannon for an arm. He was, and if not for injuries probably still would be, the prototypical NFL pocket passer.

I think its like others have said, pick your poision. Much of it depends on the type of offense you are running, but I think if it all came down to it Id rather have Vick's unique talents then Carson's elite ones.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                Oooooh, good topic.

Amen.

I think people have a problem when players don't play a traditional style.
                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

The correct answer is you pick both

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                    Amen.

I think people have a problem when players don't play a traditional style.
                    See, the problem with players who aren't "traditional" is that you have to build a non-traditional team around them in order to make them fit. And when you get used to that non-traditional player and he either gets hurt or kills some dogs, you end up with a 2003 or 2007 season.

So your options are to either build the non-traditional team and pray to god the guy doesn't get hurt or do anything stupid, or try to change the guy into a more traditional style of player....neither option worked for the Falcons in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      Ive stated over and over that Mike Vick is one of the most mis-used players in the history of the NFL. Trying to force him, with his skillset, into a WCO run by Greg ******* Knapp of all people was beyond idiotic. You had a player who was unique, couldn't be gameplanned for, and had off the charts playmaking ability...so they ask him to do what anyone else could of done? Ive often repeated that the process of moulding running QBs into pocket passers in the pros is an awful concept, seeing as how most of those players are drafted due to their ability to make plays with their legs...Vick is the epitome of this.

Bingo. It was such an awful use of his talents. BUT THIS WAY HE WILL BE ABLE TO ROLL OUT! Genius.

Comment

It would have been Vick I imagine.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

What would have been a good offense of Mike Vick?

I don't even remember what his accuracy on those deep balls was like.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            Carson is my standard for what I think a franchise QB (prospect) should be. He was at least above average in every imaginable category, was out of an elite college program, and had tons of experience.

Vick on the other hand was unique. There has never been a player quite like him before or since, and his potential was absolutely limitless.

It's hard to go wrong (viewing them as prospects alone,) but I'd go with Carson.
                            Vick was a typical dual threat QB on steroids (not literally). No accuracy but a huge arm and world class agility and explosiveness.

edit: My personal opinion is that accuracy and quickness of release are the two most important things to scout. However, without the big arm, I'm not taking a QB #1 overall. I'd take Palmer over Vick for that reason.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

I think a team would have seen Carson Palmer as the "safer" pick and went with him, if it didn't cost 70 million then maybe Vick.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information