Romeus over Quinn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romeus over Quinn?

On some of the drafts (not on here) I have seen people having Tampa passing on Robert Quinn for Greg Romeus. I would like to know what these people smoked. Quinn is a better overall talent and he is more of a fit for our scheme we run than Romeus. I think he could last long and has more upside. Not to mention. He is in the mold of Julius Peppers. Quinn/Mccoy/Price/Moore would be one hell of a line. What do you guys think?

So much depends on how deep this UNC mess goes

Comment

What's the UNC mess?

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

Originally posted by irishbucsfan View Post
        What's the UNC mess?
        http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41882

Comment

Pretty sure romeus has been more productive, on top of that Romeus is pretty underrated as a prospect iyam. I think Quinn is better but the difference is small and i cant blame anyone for picking romeus over quinn

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Yeah, but Quinn fits Tampa's defense way better. Quinn is what we need for our scheme. The perfect specimen. People have been comparing Romeus to Gaines Adams and I do not want him if he does.

Comment

Quinn is also undersized. He's no where near the 270 he's listed at.

Comment

That link is irrelevant for Quinn wonderbredd, I would be surprised if he got caught up in it... Anyway Robert is still pretty raw and Romeus has played more collegiate football but Quinn is alot more speedy than Romeus but we will see more of him this year.
                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                Coples is that dude.
                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                  That link is irrelevant for Quinn wonderbredd, I would be surprised if he got caught up in it... Anyway Robert is still pretty raw and Romeus has played more collegiate football but Quinn is alot more speedy than Romeus but we will see more of him this year.
                  Rumors and I emphasize the word rumors are talking about how this could blow up and end up including around 18 players.

As it is now, Quinn is free and clear, but it could certainly come up later.

I hope for Quinn's sake he's not, because I'd like to see him play this year.

Comment

Wow I would hope not that many but certainly possible but yeah he has alot to prove and even me being a UNC fan he is getting alot of hype mainly for his speed and size and a top 10 pick is more what I am thinking at this point.
                    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                    Coples is that dude.
                    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Actor View Post
                      He is in the mold of Julius Peppers.
                      No he's not.

Having Romeus over Quinn is fine. Romeus has proven more, he holds the gap better, plays the run better, and arguably has a more varied pass rush repertoire. Quinn is the better athlete.

Comment

I wonder how many NFL head coaches care if you cheat on tests and such.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Actor View Post
                          Yeah, but Quinn fits Tampa's defense way better. Quinn is what we need for our scheme. The perfect specimen. People have been comparing Romeus to Gaines Adams and I do not want him if he does.
                          I would say Quinn compares to Gaines Adams more than any other end so it'd be appropriate that he goes to Tampa

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                            I wonder how many NFL head coaches care if you cheat on tests and such.
                            Not many, but if he were to miss significant action it could hinder him. Anyways I don't really buy into the Quinn hype anyways, he was nonexistant in many big games last year and is really just physical talent. While this has been said about many great DE prospects coming out, I felt better about their pro chances (was always a big Mario Williams fan).

Comment

greg romeus is a much safer player like derrick morgan while quinn is like JPP in that hes a boom or bust

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information