Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of the Big 4 WR's Is the Most Talented?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of the Big 4 WR's Is the Most Talented?

Green....Jones/Floyd & Baldwin....this seems to be the consensus ranking of players based on talent alone. They all project to be #1 based on talent and eye ball tests. That aside which one projects to be a pros pro...granited these are kids who for the most part are younger than me (im 22) but maturity level is a big factor for wideouts...i want my wide recievers to be of the Andre and Larry mental mindset not the Randy and TO diva flamboyance..I am a diehard pats fan but randy can be a lil *****....so basically what im saying is moving forward which of these college WO projects to be a pros pro. I only know a lot about Floyd bc im a ND homer but he seems to be a legit, well mannered kid. Feel free to throw other WO in there who you think project to this groupings talent level....have at it.

I'd be inclined to say Ronald Johnson of USC could crack that lineup if one of the fab 4 slip, not likely.

The only one of the group that i might shy away from based on appearances is Jullio Jones. That might not be based on anything more than i dont like the Tide.

Comment

Green and Jones are the only ones with that "best WR in the league" talk potential. It seems like Green might have the character advantage. Intangibles out of all of them it's probably Floyd.
      Last edited by SenorGato; 09-08-2010, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Give me Michael Floyd outside of just talent.

Comment

I really haven't heard anything negative about any of them when it comes to character, the closest thing to it is Green's recent suspension. I don't think there is much to worry about with any of them, at least as far as I know. It could be easy to say Michael Floyd for the sheer fact he goes to Notre Dame, but like I said I've never really heard anything bad about any of these guys.

So I'll take...

1. Green
          2. Jones
          3. Floyd
          4. Baldwin

Comment

Michael Floyd got an underage at the University of Minnesota

ESPN

"I've had a chance to sit down with Michael," Kelly said. "We reinforced to him ... that making good choices is going to be paramount to his success in this football program." University of Minnesota police responded on Jan. 8 to a call of an alleged physical altercation on a Minneapolis street. According to police reports, Floyd, with blood on his hands, shirt and feet, admitted to having "a couple shots" and being involved in a physical dispute. The St. Paul native was cited along with four other individuals and released.
            A.J. Green's recent suspension.

AP
            Georgia star receiver A.J. Green was suspended by the NCAA for four games on Wednesday for selling a bowl jersey for $1,000 to someone who qualifies as an agent.
            Julio Jones had the fishing trip go under the radar.

Crimson Confidential
            This is the second-straight year one or more Tide players have been in NCAA limbo heading into the season-opener because of an offseason incident. Last year, it was Mark Ingram and Julio Jones. The two offensive stars, who came under scrutiny because of a fishing trip, didn't get NCAA clearance until the week before the Virginia Tech game.
            Jonathan Baldwin comes up clean. Aside from an underage and maybe a fight, this crop passes the white glove test.

Comment

love me some jones and floyd
              E]

Comment

I just wanna say that Julio Jones catch week 1 was absolutely ridiculous, that's what people see when they rank him #1, if he can bring that consistently his potential is through the roof.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  I just wanna say that Julio Jones catch week 1 was absolutely ridiculous, that's what people see when they rank him #1, if he can bring that consistently his potential is through the roof.
                  Yup, everyone knows he is an absolute freak of nature but they worry about him disappearing. If he produces this year in that run heavy offense and keeps showing up on the highlight reel, he will absolutely go top 10 and could be the first receiver taken. I have always been a big fan of Jones because he is so damn talented, right now I still think Green is #1 but a good year out of Jones and he could move from #2 to #1 in my book. Jones is certainly no slouch when it comes to talent (neither are Baldwin or Floyd), but Julio is the most talented in this amazing group of wideouts if you ask me. That catch was ******* insane.

Comment

He's not in the Jr. group's league, but Sr. WR Austin Pettis was incredibly impressive the other night. Not only did he make play after play on offense, but he also was the holder for field goals and he played special teams. If you want a WR who'll be a "pro's pro" and will do whatever is asked to help the team, I think Pettis is the top guy.

As for my choice out of the 4, I choose A.J. Green. Here's a guy who stepped into the SEC as a true freshman, and has produced at an elite level every single year. I know Jones had a great freshman year too, but he wasn't as good as Green was this past season. For me, there's just something about players who are elite from day one that become impossible to pass on. I think he has the highest floor of any of the said 4 WR's, but he's still a great athlete - The guy was a top basketball player as well. And I haven't heard anything negative about the guy. He made a stupid mistake by selling his jersey, but as long as that stays an isolated incident, he doesn't have any character concerns.
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Pettis was all over the place the other night. You have to love it when a team's top wideout is a legit pro prospect and he's on special teams blocking punts and looking totally fired up. He had two big TD catches, Pettis was definitely very impressive.

Comment

ya i came real close to putting pettis in this discussion as well..he was extremely impressive and his versatility cant go unmentioned...those abilities and willingness are so valuable. I just have seen enough of him to make a decision at this point and have no idea of his big play ability which lets be honest if your taking a WO in the 1st round is an important factor. My only knock on floyd is the level of competition but he always produces so you cant fault him for that...level of competition can be said for baldwin as well..the corners in the big east aint exactly world beaters but his raw athletical ability is compelling. Time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          I'd be inclined to say Ronald Johnson of USC could crack that lineup if one of the fab 4 slip, not likely.

The only one of the group that i might shy away from based on appearances is Jullio Jones. That might not be based on anything more than i dont like the Tide.
                          I'm the same way about FLoyd, it's really hard for me to look at him objectively as a prospect because he's a skill player from ND.

Comment

What was the deal with the groping the female incident that Baldwin was involved in?

Comment

im gonna love seeing everyone hop back on the julio wagon after being so down on him in the offseason
                              E]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information