Terrelle Pryor Will Be a 1st Round Pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrelle Pryor Will Be a 1st Round Pick

Obviously I'm assuming he maintains his current course by not getting injured or doing anything to bring his character into question. I know a lot of people don't think he's an NFL QB prospect, but he's going to get a chance to play QB in the NFL. He's just too talented and so far he's shown the willingness to work hard, keep his nose clean, and commit to learning to pass from the pocket. The fact that he's a winner and proven that he can perform under pressure won't hurt his chances. At worst he's a second round pick, but I think he'll end up going in the first. Probably in 2012.

If Pryor stays all four years at OSU, I don't see how 32 teams pass on him. I'm glad to see he's made a jump in play from his sophomore year.
    Just seems like a more confident passer and more decisive downfield. Pryor was clearly the better QB today versus Miami.

Comment

oh great. Another first round pick on a "F*** IT, I'm Going Deep!" QB that will bust more likely than not.
      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

He needs a MUCH MUCH more consistent year than he's shown so far. He's shown flashes (entire games even) of being an outstanding QB. Then he has games like today, where he looks like a prototypical college QB.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

He might be a first rounder, but he'll deserve it about as much as Tebow did. It'll take a coach with enough hubris to think he can turn this college star whose best skills translate poorly into a pro star.

Pryor isn't even what VY was as a prospect. Even with a more consistent year, he won't be to that level.

Comment

Wouldn't personally be on my draft board. Same with Kellen Moore.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
              Wouldn't personally be on my draft board. Same with Kellen Moore.
              I'd take Pryor for his athleticism in the 2nd round maybe...if I were a pretty set, successful team. Maybe like the Patriots.

But as a QB....I'd pass. He seems to have about a 6 foot radius around his receiver where his passes tend to end up. A few floated in nicely and were on target, but a lot of others were one hopping in or way behind or way in front...he just doesn't have the overall accuracy I'd want.

Comment

He probably will be based off his physical talents, but I don't see it personally. His accuracy is pretty poor, especially in the intermediate game. I will say that he does seem to show a lot of effort in wanting to get better and seems like a pretty intelligent guy.

If he really wants to develop as a passer he'll need his senior year for sure.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Is he really a NFL caliber passer? I don't watch entire OSU games but he doesn't really seem like it to me.

Comment

He will be awful as are most Spread Option QBs. They develop ZERO ZERO ZERO mechanics and footwork. Reminds me of LeBron v Jordan but fact is Jordan learned how to play the game, footwork, release, post, perimeter .... etc.

Guys like Pryor (Tebow) are wasting their talents in these systems and will end up being nothing the pros.

Only thing spread option QBs in big time programs do is give hope to small school QBs THAT THEY WILL BE DRAFTED.

Only spread QB I saw who was any good for the Pros was Dixon from OU and he starts for Pitt tomorrow.
                    Last edited by herniateddisc; 09-11-2010, 11:22 PM.

Comment

As long as mechanics, decision making, and accuracy aren't important to being an NFL quarterback, Terrelle Pryor is your man.

Comment

Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                        He will be awful as are most Spread Option QBs. They develop ZERO ZERO ZERO mechanics and footwork.

Only thing spread option QBs in big time programs do is give hope to small school QBs that run Pro-Sets THAT THEY WILL BE DRAFTED.

Only spread QB I saw who was any good for the Pros was Dixon from OU and he starts for Pitt tomorrow.
                        Drew Brees.

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        I'd take Pryor for his athleticism in the 2nd round maybe...if I were a pretty set, successful team. Maybe like the Patriots.
                        I'd love to have him as a WR, but I think he will be like Tebow and other college QBs and not want to play anything other than QB.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                          Drew Brees.
                          You telling me Drew Brees was carrying the ball 10+ times a game?

He threw the ball 60 times a game was my memory from a shot gun lots too.
                          Last edited by herniateddisc; 09-11-2010, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Brees' Purdue offense was still a spread offense, just not a Rich Rod style running spread.

Comment

I mean everyone kills people, murders people.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information