Mark Ingram a Top 5 Pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Ingram a Top 5 Pick?

As of right now in two games, he has 33 carries 308 yards averages 9.3 per carry with 4 tds & a long of 54 yards. My question to you now since he has comeback strong off his surgery, do you think he will continue to run the way he has been running, & run himself into the top 5 of the draft?

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
    Newton
    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
    Barely literate +5 swagger
    Thief +15 swagger
    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
    Big, average speed -3 swagger
    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
    Total Swagger: 62
    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

I think he already has a shot at Top 5 depending on needs. Problem is RBs generally fall a little, but he has the full skillset to do it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I could see him going top 10. I don't agree with drafting a RB that high, but he seems to have everything needed to be a feature back. His big name and great intangibles will only help.

Comment

How about just sticking with the thread already dedicated to Ingram?
        http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...ht=mark+ingram

Originally posted by ElectricEye
        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

I doubt it, just because RB's tend to fall. But he's a great prospect and should be the first RB off the board. He has so many natural skills for the position.

Comment

To me, Mark Ingram is the safest pick in this class and I expect him to have the most productive career of any prospect in this class. For those reasons I have him as my #1 prospect. He's the type of player who could get a team 15,000+ yards and a coupl hundred TD's over the course of his career. Above and beyond his ability on the field, he's a focused, determined individual who is also a leader. He probably won't be the first pick, but certainly could and should be in the top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
              To me, Mark Ingram is the safest pick in this class and I expect him to have the most productive career of any prospect in this class. For those reasons I have him as my #1 prospect. He's the type of player who could get a team 15,000+ yards and a coupl hundred TD's over the course of his career. Above and beyond his ability on the field, he's a focused, determined individual who is also a leader. He probably won't be the first pick, but certainly could and should be in the top 5.
              So, you're already pegging a guy to do something that only three other players have done (in terms of Rushing Yards), and then also do something only one person in NFL History has ever done in terms of eclipsing 200 Touchdowns?

If that's honestly what you believe, then I'd really hope Mark Ingram is 1st on your board because I couldn't imagine the expectations you'd have for anybody else...

Comment

I actually started off as not being high on Ingram and always saying that Richardson is the better back. While Richardson might be more explosive and probably even stronger, Ingram is one of the most gifted runners I've seen in a long time. His balance and patience is just on another level from any other back in the college game. He also has pretty good speed and strength. I'd say he is top 5 talent and I'd take him over guys like Caddy and Ronnie any day, but in today's game when the focus is more on running back units instead of single work horse runners, I find it hard to believe he'll go top 5. Just taking a glance at potential top 5 pick teams:

Bills: No way, Spiller, Jackson, Lynch.
                Rams: Nope, Steven Jackson plus they have so many bigger needs.
                Browns: Highly unlikely. Hard to justify taking a RB when your QB's are Delhomme, Seneca Wallace and Colt McCoy. Not to mention all the other team needs. Jerome Harrison, Hillis and Davis seem fine for now and they probably want to see what they have in Hardesty.
                Bucs: Wouldn't be a bad pick but they could really use a pass rusher, some secondary help, or even a #1 wideout to pair with Mike Williams and Benn. Also they seem pretty content on running back by committtee.
                Lions: No way, Best+Smith.
                Jags: Nope MJD.
                Panthers: Stewart+ Deangelo.
                Broncos: Nope Knowshon.
                Seattle: First big possibility, won't be picking top 5 though.
                Washington: Pretty good chance but will Shanny really spend a top 10 pick on a RB, especially when WR, NT, and FS are much bigger needs.

So again hard seeing him going top 5. Teams know they can get gems at any point in the draft so using a pick that high seems like an absolute rarity now a days especially since Ingram doesn't have any freak attributes like D-mac or Spiller's speed. Still think the gap between him and Ryan Williams is closer than most think but Ingram should have a home before the 20th pick rolls around.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Depends on who's picking there, like STRIP said, TB and Seattle are the only big possibilities.
                  But what if the Raiders end up as one of the 5 worst teams? The Pats would take him without thinking twice.

And remember, not may people though the Bills were going to take Spiller. Or the Broncos taking Knowshon.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                    Depends on who's picking there, like STRIP said, TB and Seattle are the only big possibilities.
                    But what if the Raiders end up as one of the 5 worst teams? The Pats would take him without thinking twice.

And remember, not may people though the Bills were going to take Spiller. Or the Broncos taking Knowshon.

Seattle if they're drafting that high is taking a QB.

As for taking RBs in the top 5 that is usually reserved for guys like OJ Simpson, Eric Dickerson and Adrian Peterson and i'm not sure i'd put Ingram in that category.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bird View Post
                      So, you're already pegging a guy to do something that only three other players have done (in terms of Rushing Yards), and then also do something only one person in NFL History has ever done in terms of eclipsing 200 Touchdowns?

If that's honestly what you believe, then I'd really hope Mark Ingram is 1st on your board because I couldn't imagine the expectations you'd have for anybody else...
                      I didn't say he will, I said he's the type of player who could. I think he's a better prospect than Adrian Peterson. He's probably going to be more consistant, more durable, and certainly has better ball security. He runs behind his pads much better than Peterson, which should translate to a longer career. He just reminds me so much of Emmitt Smith that I think in the right situation and baring major injury he could do the same types of things as Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        Seattle if they're drafting that high is taking a QB.

As for taking RBs in the top 5 that is usually reserved for guys like OJ Simpson, Eric Dickerson and Adrian Peterson and i'm not sure i'd put Ingram in that category.
                        and Adrian Peterson was not even a top 5 pick.

I can see him going in the top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportycliche View Post
                          and Adrian Peterson was not even a top 5 pick.

I can see him going in the top 5.
                          AP went 7th if I'm correct

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                          The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                          Newton
                          South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                          Barely literate +5 swagger
                          Thief +15 swagger
                          Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                          Big, average speed -3 swagger
                          Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                          Total Swagger: 62
                          ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

What about his knee? He's hurt it a couple times now, right? I'd be scared about that injury lingering and keeping him out of games, or slowing him down. Especially if I'm drafting top 5 or 10, he would have to be a workhorse, not split carries.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Day One Pick View Post
                              I think he's a better prospect than Adrian Peterson.

Dude.

Dude....

Look either you didn't see AD in college or you need to find a new hobby.
                              Crosby vs Ovechkin

Badababaaa, I'm lovin it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information