Help: Looking for a Safety - Plays Physical and Can Cover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Looking for a Safety - Plays Physical and Can Cover

Hey guys, I am creating this thread because I am specifically looking for a certain type of player and I am sure there are a few viable candidates out there that I just dont know of. In my honest opinion, in todays game, the hardest type of pro prospect to find is a PHYSICAL safety that can cover like a CB..There are many safeties out there that are physical, many of which cannot cover well enough. There are also plenty of safeties out there that can cover with some of the best CBs out there, however, many of those guys are not physical enough for my liking..

I am looking for a guy who is willing to get their nose dirty..someone who is not afraid to come up and make a tackle..or CRUSH a WR coming over the middle..but like I said, at the same time can make plays in the passing game...In todays NFL, there seem to be very few of these types of players and in my honest opinion this type of player just might be the most valuable position on a defense...You have Ed Reed, Polamalu, and a few others and that is just about it...

Who in college, preferably someone who is likely to be turning pro after this season is someone that I should start looking at and following for the remainder of this college season? I am looking for a GAME CHANGER at the safety position

I am sure this board will be able to provide me with multiple players that fit this description and that is why I created this thread...

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by GloryDaysRBack; 09-28-2010, 02:13 PM.

Deunta Williams, UNC.

May not play this yr b/c of contact with & Miami party invitation to from That Agent Who Is Banned.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      Deunta Williams, UNC.

May not play this yr b/c of contact with & Miami party invitation to from That Agent Who Is Banned.
      It is a shame if he doesn't play this year in the sense that I wont be able to watch him on TV..but if it helps him slide in the draft and it gives Dallas a chance at finding a steal late in round 1 I will take it lol...Kind of like what happened to us with Dez...that guy is a beast..

I will see if I can find any clips of D-dub on youtube

Comment

The blog entry I wrote today is about exactly the type of guy you're looking for!

Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

DeAndre McDaniel is the guy you want. He is head and shoulders above any other safety in this class, in my eyes. One of the premier defensive playmakers in college football with terrific ball skills but is also very capable of coming up in the box and being physical (he was actually a LB as a freshman).

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
            DeAndre McDaniel is the guy you want. He is head and shoulders above any other safety in this class, in my eyes. One of the premier defensive playmakers in college football with terrific ball skills but is also very capable of coming up in the box and being physical (he was actually a LB as a freshman).
            I agree with you. McDaniel is my favorite S in this class by a solid margin and I'm kinda hoping his run in with the law will cause him to fall into the 2nd round for the Vikings.

sig by BK and avy by me
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
            If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

I couldn't find much as far as highlights for Jeron Johnson..

I will definitely keep an eye on DeAndre Mcdaniel...perfect timing too as I was already planning on watching the Miami v Clemson game this weekend..I'll make sure I keep my eye on him..I LOVE what I saw in his highlight reel I found..keep em coming guys..thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by GloryDaysRBack View Post
                I couldn't find much as far as highlights for Jeron Johnson..

I will definitely keep an eye on DeAndre Mcdaniel...perfect timing too as I was already planning on watching the Miami v Clemson game this weekend..I'll make sure I keep my eye on him..I LOVE what I saw in his highlight reel I found..keep em coming guys..thanks again
                If you're going to watch that game you should keep an eye on Ray Ray Armstrong from the 'Canes. The guy has all the tools, and whilst he still hasn't put it all together he's still playing pretty well.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Mark Barron of Alabama is far and away the most physical safety in this class, he is an athletic freak with abilities that conjure up images of Adrian Wilson but he has instincts that conjure up Laron Landry. Just know that Mark Barron has all the ability in the world to be the best safety from this class, he can play centerfield and make big plays and he can play in the box, the only question with him is if he can grasp the mental part of the game.

Comment

this thread is awesome!!! keep em coming

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      Truth. It would be easy to confuse him with a LB out on the field sometimes. He's a phenomenal tackler, and he's great in coverage as well.

Comment

Call me a homer, but Charles Godfrey is turning into one of the better safeties in the league.

Comment

Again, call me a homer, but Tyler Sash is the epitome of a hard-nosed strong safety.

Comment

Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                            Again, call me a homer, but Tyler Sash is the epitome of a hard-nosed strong safety.
                            This is true.

Comment

DeAndre McDaniel is the first guy that came to mind, but sometimes you need to look at the CB's to find a guy like this. Colorado's Jimmy Smith is a bigger CB (6-2, 205) who excels are a cover man and in the run game (70 tackles, 52 solo last season).

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information