Scott: Curious About Your Thoughts on Adrian Clayborn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott: Curious About Your Thoughts on Adrian Clayborn

Thus far this year. You have him listed as your #2 prospect overall in the recent rankings update, has he done anything to change that in your eyes?

I know he isn't putting up show-stopping numbers, but he is still the leader on the #1 total defense in the country, is constantly double teamed, and rarely has a running play to his side of the field.

Just some food for thought here, but when I watched him in the Arizona-Iowa game I did not see him make much of an impact at all despite having regular 1 on 1 match-ups with their LT when lined up at RE. I was pretty surprised/disappointed with how little he impacted the game despite having a 1 on 1 for the majority of the snaps that I paid attention to him on.

Comment

I would like to know if he can play in both a 3-4 and a 4-3 system at DE. Would he do good in a Steve Spagnuolo defense?

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
        I would like to know if he can play in both a 3-4 and a 4-3 system at DE. Would he do good in a Steve Spagnuolo defense?

Yes and yes.

He'd do well in any system. He's the perfect flex DE.

Comment

Scott, I'd like to know your personal opinion on each, and every Iowa player, from the Hayden Fry does, to the Kirk Ferentz days.

And I expect a reply within 2 hours. If not, then you know nothing.

Sincerely,
          Sarcasm.
          | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Adrian Clayborn = Justin Tuck?

Comment

Adrian Clayborn = Richard Seymour?
              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Adrian Clayborn = The One Armed Man
                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                Originally posted by GoRavens
                Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

All I want to know is can he play DT in a Tampa 2 defense?

Comment

Banger continues to embarrass himself.

I think..

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCandy View Post
                      All I want to know is can he play DT in a Tampa 2 defense?
                      Probably not. At least not exclusively. He would be able to rotate in and out, similar to Tuck, but primarily should be used as an End.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

For what it's worth he's playing at 290+ right now. He could easily bulk up to 305 or so and play a little DT if he had to.

Comment

Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                          Thus far this year. You have him listed as your #2 prospect overall in the recent rankings update, has he done anything to change that in your eyes?

I know he isn't putting up show-stopping numbers, but he is still the leader on the #1 total defense in the country, is constantly double teamed, and rarely has a running play to his side of the field.
                          You pose this as though you're outraged that he's not higher than #2... Not that I'm surprised.

Comment

I'm not outraged at all.

I'm just curious if he's discounting Clayborn right now because he hasn't put up Ryan Kerrigan numbers.

Comment

I don't think the Prince of Blades would be #22 if that were the case. You're talking about a DL v. potentially one of the best QB prospects ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information