Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Micheal Vick the Most Dynamic NFL Prospect "Ever"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Micheal Vick the Most Dynamic NFL Prospect "Ever"?

I was watching youtube clips of Micheal Vick in college and I have come to the conclusion that Micheal Vick is the baddest(in a good way) NFL prospect to ever enter the NFL draft. The guy had everything you look for in a top prospect. We commonly compare future and past prospect to one another, but Micheal Vick stands alone in his own category. No one, and I mean no one can come close to touching Micheal Vick as an NFL prospect, not even John Elway. The guy was the ultimate freak of nature!!

No, he was not the best QB prospect ever. Elway, Manning, Palmer and others were better prospects for playing QB in the NFL than Vick was. Vick is/was a great runner with a lot of physical talent, but he wasn't polished at all(as evidenced by the fact he sat as a rookie), he's got well below ideal height for the position and teams worried that his body might not be able to take the beating his style of play invites. I know he's exciting to watch and a great runner, but that doesn't make him the greatest QB prospect.

Comment

If he was 3 inches taller I could agree...

Comment

Originally posted by dregolll View Post
        I was watching youtube clips of Micheal Vick in college and I have come to the conclusion that Micheal Vick is the baddest(in a good way) NFL prospect to ever enter the NFL draft. The guy had everything you look for in a top prospect. We commonly compare future and past prospect to one another, but Micheal Vick stands alone in his own category. No one, and I mean no one can come close to touching Micheal Vick as an NFL prospect, not even John Elway. The guy was the ultimate freak of nature!!
        Originally posted by njx9
        which is sort of funny, given that the thread is about the most dynamic nfl prospect "ever".

but really, thanks for the non sequitur.
        Ahh, and I bet you thought you were being so witty. :(

Comment

I know Vick is exciting and a blast to watch, but that doesn't make someone who points out his flaws a 'hater'. Some people can actually have a balanced view of him. Is he a very good and exciting player? Heck yes. Is he a perfect player? Heck no.

Feel free to read other posts I've made on him if you think I'm just a hater who likes to rant about him:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...highlight=Vick

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...ck#post2311503

Comment

did someone in this thread call you a hater? or did you just make that up, as well?
            You know what I meant. You're just being argumentative, as usual. If you don't like my posts, don't read them. They clearly bother you so much. I'm just gonna stop reading yours again if you're just going to invite arguments. Or you could just ban me or something. Don't expect me to care, however. There's plenty of forums to talk football on.

Comment

In my opinion, Vick is a more "dynamic" prospect than Manning, Elway and Palmer and any other NFL prospect because he has the ball in his hands on every play. Notice I mentioned the word "dynamic", Peyton Manning is not box office by any means, Micheal Vick is.

Comment

yes, i regularly ban people i disagree with. and of course i'm just being argumentative, by calling you out on your bs. poor, picked on you.
                Yeah, you really called out the bs of me responding to what was in the thread author's actual post. And yes, I realize the title said "most dynamic", but the post and the title said two different things.

Comment

Idk, Calvin Johnson was pretty dynamic.

Charles Rogers was damn impressive as well. Only if Vick and the height and weight he would be.

Comment

Also Bo Jackson, Reggie Bush, Faulk. If Reggie Bush played Qb...that would have been an even better college career.

Comment

Most Dynamic? Probably.

The only other prospects I'd put alongside him as far as "most dynamic" are Bo and Deion.

Comment

Reggie Bush was the most dynamic prospect I can really remember breaking down for the NFL draft. Vick was beyond rare, but that's just not how I'd draw up the perfect QB prospect. Obviously there's nothing perfect about Reggie Bush, but his versatility, elusiveness, and speed was something unmatched by any college player since. The best WR/RB/KR/PR prospect you'll find.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                        - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                        www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                          Most Dynamic? Probably.

The only other prospects I'd put alongside him as far as "most dynamic" are Bo and Deion.
                          Yeah I'd agree. I mean his arm is up there with the best prospects we've ever seen, he could run like a running back, and he was a physical freak. He might not be 6-4, but you'd be hard pressed to find a player who was/is as gifted as a thrower and a runner.

Comment

Originally posted by dregolll View Post

You're covering a couple of differant bases there, i'd tend to agree with the first (with no disrespect to Jim Brown, O.J. and Gale Sayers) and then i'd disagree with the second (being a better prospect than Elway)

Comment

The OP contradicted himself with his thread title and post, but yeah, I gotta agree that Vick may be the most dynamic pro QB prospect most of us have ever seen.

(Dwight Freeney OWNED Vick in college, btw!!)

However, in the '50s, '60s and '70s, if you were Black and could run like the wind and throw the ball a mile, and could also play QB, NO NFL TEAM was going to give you a shot to play QB, except the Steelers.

If Vick had been drafted in 1971, he would have been a tailback, end of story.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information