Is Christian Ponder a 1st Rounder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Christian Ponder a 1st Rounder?

When Luck, Locker, & Mallett are taken off the board, will there be a chance that Ponder goes in the 1st round also?

IMO Ponder is a 1st round talent by far, a very mobile QB. A lot of people have been counting him out, because of the Oklahoma game performance.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
    Newton
    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
    Barely literate +5 swagger
    Thief +15 swagger
    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
    Big, average speed -3 swagger
    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
    Total Swagger: 62
    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

I'd probably want to roll the dice on a Pat Devlin or a Cam Newton late in the 1st rather than Ponder, who i think has average tools for the next level.

Comment

Ponder isn't a never was a first rounder in my opinion.

Solid 2nd or 3rd though.
      Scott Wright, President
      Draft Countdown.com
      www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post

Solid 2nd or 3rd though.
        Why is that? It seems that he has all the intangibles needed to succeed in the NFL. His physical ability is underrated imo, although he does not have a cannon for an arm. But he still has what it takes imo.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

There is a chance, sure, but he isn't a first round talent right now. I like him and think he could be a steal in the 2nd, but the inconsistencies, the injury issues, and the fact that I still don't trust his decision making ability make me think he winds up in the early 2nd. If there is a QB needy team in the late first, he could pop up, but it seems doubtful to me.

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

His decision making is inconsistent and he has too little zip on his passes. Every pass looks like a touch pass to me.

He should be a great starter for a certain scheme like a WCO.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

i really dont like him in the pros

the one thing he has is that he's smart and committed, which is big, but if you watch him on the field he doesn't seem as smart. intelligence != football smarts. he can ask his teammate myron rolle about that, who always looked slow (both physically and mentally) to me on the field

his athleticism is highly underrated but unfortunately for him that doesnt really matter in the NFL. i'm guessing he'll run like a 4.65 and people will get excited, but he's not ever going to scramble for more than 20 yards in an nfl game

i just dont see him being an impact player. a good back up or a really bad starter like a trent edwards? maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                I'd probably want to roll the dice on a Pat Devlin or a Cam Newton late in the 1st rather than Ponder, who i think has average tools for the next level.
                Pat Devlinzzzzz FTW!!!! I'm tellin' ya... there will be more than just a few believers as the draft approaches.

Comment

Christian Ponder does have the tools. His arm isn't out of this world insane, but it's strong. Just check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Jar435rnc
                  If that doesn't scream NFL arm, I don't know what does.

That being said, this year he hasn't overly wowed me. He doesn't make that many big plays on his own. I'd be concerned that without a good supporting cast he could turn into someone who is way too conservative, because I don't see the playmaking ability.
                  With good coaching, a good cast around him, and maybe some time on the bench, he could be really good though. He's sneaky athletic, very smart, and he has the reported intangibles to want in a signal caller.

Comment

My take

I think that he has a good shot to go in the first round, but shouldn't be a first round lock. Several teams like the Vikings for example could pick him in the late first (warranted if they are selecting in that spot), but like most said he is a surefire 2nd in most people's eyes.

Lots of hype from last year and while he is still solid I don't think he is a franchise QB like a Luck or Locker. I think he has the potential to be like a Chad Henne or Clausen-potential signal caller who can take over, but isn't heralded the savior.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post

Solid 2nd or 3rd though.

Wasn't ever? Just busting balls. I agree, when I heard the hype last year that he was a first round caliber player I was like - what? the QB from FSU? Am I thinking of the same guy they are talking about?

He does have a nice arm though. NFL Caliber. *edit* it seems someone even posted a video of it.*

I'd rate him as a project in the 4th round.
                      Crosby vs Ovechkin

Badababaaa, I'm lovin it.

Comment

He's going to be everyones "Don't take Locker/Mallet/Luck in the first, do X and draft Ponder in round X" guy this year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Ponder won't be hearing his name in the first three rounds.

He may be a good prospect, but he does have some questions, and not many teams need a QB and those who need will get them in the free agency or take Locker, Luck, Mallett and Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            He's going to be everyones "Don't take Locker/Mallet/Luck in the first, do X and draft Ponder in round X" guy this year.
                            Wouldn't be suprised to see lots of these posts come postseason haha

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              And lately those guys havent set the world on fire.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information