Most Impressive Young Prospects You Have Seen This Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Impressive Young Prospects You Have Seen This Year

Included in my list are prospects that have either first come onto the college football scene or prospects that have greatly improved their ability since their freshman year and have become big time stars at their position.

Tony Jefferson FR CB Oklahoma

Just an outstanding defensive back, can tackle in space as good as any defender in college right now, if he keeps up this production this year and over the next few years we could be talking a Eric Berry type of defensive back prospect in terms of consistent domination in college their entire career. I hope Jefferson stays at corner because he could be something special there.

Marcus Lattimore FR RB South Carolina

Obvious choice, very physical and strong running back, shows great potential as a pass catcher and in blitz protection. Seems to have a very good head on his shoulders as well, should develop into a very fine running back prospect.

DJ Flucker FR RS OT Alabama

Playing dominating football, huge kid, really moves his feet well and is just another in a long line of Alabama offensive lineman that physically dominate at the point of attack. Great looking prospect and one of the best young offensive line prospects in the country.

Dwayne Allen SOPH RS TE Clemson

Is a flat out beast at tight end, really improved over last season, big strong kid that can get down field and make plays in the passing game. Can do a lot of things as a tight end and look for him to be the elite tight end in the country next year once Rudolph leaves early for the NFL.

Trent Richardson SOPH RB Alabama
    People knew he was good but this year he is showing he is flat out great. Very powerful running back, can make plays catching the ball and is hell to bring down. One could easily argue he is just as good if not better than Mark Ingram and if Richardson could go out for the draft this year, which he cannot, but if he could he might be the first running back taken.

Robert Bolden FR QB Penn State

Really like what he has shown on the field even though the team is not having great success. Very advanced for a true freshman, can make a lot of very nice throws, has a good arm, is a good athlete and could potentially develop into a star quarterback in the future. Outstanding young quarterback prospect.

Dre Kirkpatrick SOPH CB Alabama

Has lived up to the hype, big time corner prospect, good in pass coverage, attacks the football and is surprisingly solid tackling as well. Under Saban's coaching Kirkpatrick will follow in the footsteps of current NFL corners in Arenas and Jackson. Is one of a group of very fine sophomore corner prospects, and now that he got a chance to show his ability he is right up there with them.
    Last edited by Ozzy; 10-06-2010, 12:52 PM.

Marcus Lattimore is the most impressive young guy out there to me. Another guy not mentioned is Robert Woods, WR, USC (Fr.). Dwayne Allen is actually draft eligible this year. I currently have him ranked 100th overall. He's something that is becoming a rarity in college football tight ends in that he can run, block, and catch.

Comment

Marcus Lattimore is the most impressive young guy out there to me. Another guy not mentioned is Robert Woods, WR, USC (Fr.). Dwayne Allen is actually draft eligible this year. I currently have him ranked 100th overall. He's something that is becoming a rarity in college football tight ends in that he can run, block, and catch.
      I guess my mistake, never knew he was a redshirt sophomore. I hope he comes back though, sure he would still be a high pick this year but would be potentially far higher next year and could be the 1st tight end taken.

Comment

My favs...

Matt Barkley, QB USC - Gonna be one of the the first QBs taken when he declares.

Greg Reid, DB FSU - Electric player who is starting to prove that he's more than just a KR.

Manti Te'o, ILB ND - Beast of a tackling machine who is living up to all the hype.

...waiting for Dillon Baxter to breakout.

Comment

I hear this guy is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Manti Te'o
            I'm sorry, but you misspelled his name badly. It's spelled "Patrick Omameh's *****". No need for apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              I hear this guy is pretty good.

I heard the same thing about this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                I guess my mistake, never knew he was a redshirt sophomore. I hope he comes back though, sure he would still be a high pick this year but would be potentially far higher next year and could be the 1st tight end taken.
                I think if he stayed 4 years he could be one of those rare top 15 pick TE's (barring injury or any other type of set back).

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  I'm sorry, but you misspelled his name badly. It's spelled "Patrick Omameh's *****". No need for apologies.
                  I'm sorry... what did you say? My name is Denard Robinson and I just lost the hearing in my left ear... not to mention the football too.

This Te'o guy was all over me!!!

Someone tell him to stop!!!

Last edited by D-Unit; 10-06-2010, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Bolden is going to be a stud in a couple years. To my untrained eye, he's already light years ahead of a guy like Pryor in terms of development as a QB. He has fantastic poise for a true freshman QB, his arm is above average, he really hasn't shown any problems with accuracy, and yes he's a great athlete.

Obviously he's going to go through some growing pains as a freshman and make some freshman mistakes, but he has really limited them thus far. His biggest problem is that his receivers can't catch a cold. He could have had a much better game vs. Iowa if his WRs could catch. I can't wait to see how he develops (if he does) as a QB prospect, he definitely has the potential.

Also, I'll get this out of the way now:

How about [Iowa Player's Name] Ozzy?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      I'm sorry... what did you say? My name is Denard Robinson and I just lost the hearing in my left ear... not to mention the football too.
                      No one gives a **** since Michigan recovered.

This Te'o guy was all over me!!!

Pay close attention to No. 5. He'll be the guy flat on his back with a 300-pound sexbeast of a RG on top of him after No. 5 just got pancaked, leading to the longest run in ND Stadium history.

Comment

Eric Kohler, U of washington Guard is arguably the team's best offensive lineman as a freshman. He's up to about 6-5 305 and i could easily see him moving to LT as early as next year. The guy impressed me by more than holding his own against the likes of Durrell Casey and Jared Crick.

Comment

Matt Kalil SOPH RS OT USC
                          He is another absolutely elite offensive tackle potentially, has a lot of ability, great athlete for his size and could easily become a big time tackle prospect especially if he stays till his senior season.

Yes Denard should be included in this for sure, only negative is the apparent lack of a true NFL position for him at the moment. But yes this year no player has been as dominating or as impressive as he has. Too bad those Michigan defensive backs just flat out stink and will hurt them big time when they actually face some top line competition, and ultimately depending on their success will depend on him winning the Heisman or not.

D-Unit My favs...

Matt Barkley, QB USC - Gonna be one of the the first QBs taken when he declares.

Greg Reid, DB FSU - Electric player who is starting to prove that he's more than just a KR.

Manti Te'o, ILB ND - Beast of a tackling machine who is living up to all the hype.

...waiting for Dillon Baxter to breakout.
                          True, only reason I did not include Barkley was because he played so well last year everyone knows about him. Te'o is good but still need to see a little more of him. Baxter has potential but I think he might be alittle weak in the break tackle department to be a true star.

And yes Greg Reid is far improved over last year, sadly once Mickey is gone they actually have some corners and defensive backs, especially that JUCO corner they got Harris.

Comment

For UNC, I would say James Hurst FR OT & SO WR Jheranie Boyd..

Outside of UNC I like Alshon Jeffery WR, Jelanie Jenkins, Ray Ray Armstrong..
                            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                            Coples is that dude.
                            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              Eric Kohler, U of washington Guard is arguably the team's best offensive lineman as a freshman. He's up to about 6-5 305 and i could easily see him moving to LT as early as next year. The guy impressed me by more than holding his own against the likes of Durrell Casey and Jared Crick.
                              Jurrell. C'mon Babs, you're better than that.

Cliff Harris needs to be brought up. He reminds me of Pacman (football wise). Robert Woods has been impressive as any true frosh WR. Mia RB Lamar Miller looks like he could be the next good RB to come out of that program.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information