ESPNs Robert Smith's comment on Mark Ingram

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPNs Robert Smith's comment on Mark Ingram

Did any1 else the other days College Football Live?

They were talking about Alabama of course. And Robert Smith was talking how if Mark Ingram was in the NFL today he'd be the 3rd best right behind AP/AD & Chris Johnson.

Any1 else buy into Mark Ingram this much? I can see numbers wise. Especially if he lands with Brady's Patriots. I mean.. Antowain Smith managed to put up 1000+ yards his first year with them.
    Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Yeah well aren't the same team we are then, we can't run the ball like we used to.

That is kind of an iffy statement by Smith, but a lot of people compare Ingram to Ray Rice and a lot of people had Rice at the top of that tier right behind CJ2K and AD at the beginning of this season. I could see Ingram being a stud in the NFL, one of the top backs in the league perhaps, but he doesn't have that AD athletic ability that a back almost needs to have to be drafted in the top 10. I do think he could be an All-Pro though.

Comment

It's a silly statement, but yes, Ingram is a really good prospect.

Comment

I don't know. I like his game. He seems like a very humble kid. But I see him as like a Thomas Jones. I don't see him drafted top 10 like Jones was. But I can see him putting up #'s like Thomas Jones. I can see him putting up good career numbers. But never being the game changer like say Chris Johnson can be. I know, unfair comparing a 2000 yard nfl rusher.. Just saying though.

Just something about Ingram. Maybe the fact he benefits from being on Alabama.

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by katnip View Post
          Just something about Ingram. Maybe the fact he benefits from being on Alabama.
          From what? Being behind their average OL? The average QB? Their severely under-performing WRs? If you ask any defender in the SEC who the best running back is and they don't say Mark Ingram, they're going to say Trent Richardson.

Ingram and Richarson are the best 1-2 in the country, by far. The only reason Ryan Williams is the #2 back in this class is because Richardson can't declare.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Ingram has some of the best feet I have ever seen on a football player period. The cuts this kid can make are unbelievable... pair that with low pad level he runs with and you get a monster.

I'm a Bucs fan and if we can't get him I hope he goes to the Redskins! Would be nuts to see him behind that one cut a go zone blocking.

Comment

He's definitely a great prospect, he does so many things that you can't teach and that really separate the great from the good. His balance, vision and wiggle are very rare. Richardson might wow you more, but give me Ingram every time.

Comment

I've got a bad feeling about Ingram. I can't really explain why, but I think he's going to be a slightly below average back in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                  Yeah well aren't the same team we are then, we can't run the ball like we used to.

That is kind of an iffy statement by Smith, but a lot of people compare Ingram to Ray Rice and a lot of people had Rice at the top of that tier right behind CJ2K and AD at the beginning of this season. I could see Ingram being a stud in the NFL, one of the top backs in the league perhaps, but he doesn't have that AD athletic ability that a back almost needs to have to be drafted in the top 10. I do think he could be an All-Pro though.

IMO the ONLY thing AD has over Ingram is straight line speed. Ingram can cut, has vision, is physical and has the ability to make people miss.

I don't know if he's a top 5 position player in the NFL, but I do see multiple pro bowls in his future.

Shanahan would LOVE this kid forever.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                    I've got a bad feeling about Ingram. I can't really explain why, but I think he's going to be a slightly below average back in the NFL.
                    Ahh. Someone else feels the same way.

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

I would agree with Robert Smith. Just because he isn't in the NFL now doesn't mean he wouldn't rip it up if he were already there... because he will rip it up when he does get there. People have a hard time for some reason in accepting the concept that college players are really that good. For some reason these players have to "prove it first" in order to make believers. I'm sorry, but I've never shared that frame of thought.

Is Ingram that good? Yes, he is. I would put him ahead of MJD, Ray Rice, Gore, SJax, Turner... easily.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        I would agree with Robert Smith. Just because he isn't in the NFL now doesn't mean he wouldn't rip it up if he were already there... because he will rip it up when he does get there. People have a hard time for some reason in accepting the concept that college players are really that good. For some reason these players have to "prove it first" in order to make believers. I'm sorry, but I've never shared that frame of thought.

Is Ingram that good? Yes, he is. I would put him ahead of MJD, Ray Rice, Gore, SJax, Turner... easily.
                        Really? Maybe one or two of them, but all of them EASILY?

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post

I'm tired

I just don't see Ingram being special in the NFL. I could see him being good. But not a game-changer. I don't think NFL players is on another level then college players. I used to recommend AP OU videos on any football fan I came across. Same with Santonio Holmes, Megatron, Mario Williams..

I know he's shiftier, probably more athletic then Run DMC. But all people would say was how McFadden dominated the tough SEC, he's a freak, etc etc.. BTW. I never thought McFadden would dominate in the NFL. Anyways.. IMO- Ingram>McFadden

&

S-Jax > Ingram.. MJD > Ingram.. Gore > Ingram.. Ingram's on par with Rice & Turner to me.
                          Last edited by katnip; 10-07-2010, 02:32 AM.

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

I just wonder if people would be talking about Ingram this much if he didn't play for Alabama, running behind their O-line, for a team that hasn't lost a game in forever. And it's not like defenses can ignore Bama's passing game and focus on stopping only on the run. Bama can throw it to Julio Jones or Marquis Maze when they need to.

Comment

Just wondering am I the only person who see Emmitt Smith in him

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information