Cam Newton
    Blaine Gabbert
    Jake Locker
    Ryan Mallett

Vince Young
    Donovan McNabb
    Kyle Orton
    Kevin Kolb

(Andy Reid will probably put a ridiculous price on Kolb - and no one will bite).

Definitely
    SF
    MIN
    SEA
    ARZ
    WAS
    TEN
    MIA
    CAR

Probably or at least Possibly (Those calling the shots may stay with incumbents)
    BUF
    CIN
    OAK
    JAC

There are going to be a lot of unhappy teams...
    Last edited by gpngc; 01-06-2011, 02:32 PM.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

CIN should be in the definitely list because they have no future there outside of Palmer. Plus Palmer is just really bad

RIP themaninblack

Comment

I keep hearing that Luck will stay in school if Harbaraugh stays at Stanford.

I think San Fransisco is finally going to give up on Alex Smith and draft a young QB.
      Cincinnati could be in the QB hunt in the draft but Palmer wasn't always protected.
      Carolina will be in the hunt for a QB IF they have the 1st overall and Luck comes out of school even though they have Jimmy Clausen.
      Minnesota will definitely need a QB after Brett retires but since they won't get a shot at the big 3 so they will probably draft someone like Christian Ponder in the 2nd.

Washington will get rid of McNabb b/c Mike Shanahan believes he isn't accurate enough with the football to run his system.
      Arizona could be a leading candidate for McNabb.

Denver Broncos could be a dark horse candidate because they are getting a new head coach who might not think Tebow could fit his system.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
      Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

Carolina needs a QB way more than SF.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
          Carolina needs a QB way more than SF.
          LOL WUT?

I'd rather play Jimmy Clausen than Alex Smith or Troy Smith at this point.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I don't expect Miami to go out and try to acquire some big named guy. I'd expect them to sign some veteran like Bulger or Kerry Collins to backup Henne (side note Collins and Henne went to the same high school haha) and then draft a mid-round guy like Stanzi or Devlin as they fit the Parcells criteria for QBs.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

My prediction:

Arizona Cardinals - Donovan McNabb
              Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan
              Baltimore Ravens - Joe Flacco
              Buffalo Bills - Ryan Fitzpatrick/Christian Ponder
              Carolina Panthers - Andrew Luck
              Chicago Bears - Jay Cutler
              Cincinnati Bengals - Carson Palmer
              Cleveland Browns - Colt McCoy
              Dallas Cowboys - Tony Romo
              Denver Broncos - Kyle Orton/Tim Tebow
              Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford
              Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers
              Houston Texans - Matt Schaub
              Indianapolis Colts - Peyton Manning
              Jacksonville Jaguars - David Garrard
              Kansas City Chiefs - Matt Cassel
              Miami Dolphins - Chad Henne
              Minnesota Vikings - Ryan Mallett
              New England Patriots - Tom Brady
              New Orleans Saints - Drew Brees
              New York Giants - Eli Manning
              New York Jets - Mark Sanchez
              Oakland Raiders - Jason Campbell
              Philadelphia Eagles - Michael Vick
              Pittsburgh Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger
              San Diego Chargers - Philip Rivers
              San Francisco 49ers - Cameron Newton
              Seattle Seahawks - Jake Locker
              St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford
              Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Josh Freeman
              Tennessee Titans - Vince Young
              Washington Redskins - ???

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                Available
                Luck
                Newton
                Locker
                Mallett
                McNabb
                Kolb?
                Orton?

7 at most (and Andy Reid will probably put a ridiculous price on Kolb - and no one will bite).Definitely
                SF
                MIN
                SEA
                ARZ
                WAS

Probably or at least Possibly
                BUF
                CIN
                MIA
                OAK
                TEN
                JAC
                CAR

As Head GM it is official that Kolb will be out the door with the acquisition of Christian Ponder

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                Newton
                South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                Barely literate +5 swagger
                Thief +15 swagger
                Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                Big, average speed -3 swagger
                Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                Total Swagger: 62
                ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                  Available
                  Luck
                  Newton
                  Locker
                  Mallett
                  McNabb
                  Kolb?
                  Orton?

7 at most (and Andy Reid will probably put a ridiculous price on Kolb - and no one will bite).

Definitely
                  SF
                  MIN
                  SEA
                  ARZ
                  WAS

Probably or at least Possibly
                  BUF
                  CIN
                  MIA
                  OAK
                  TEN
                  JAC
                  CAR

I could see a Carson Palmer or an Alex Smith being available also. In this era of QBs going down i would think almost everyone needs one or one more, just depends what you want to spend for one.

Comment

Jaguars are a DEFINITELY
                    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Comment

I think Young is done in Tennessee, tossing his pads in the stands was the last straw. They might have a new coach there too according to the PFW Rumors column, so who knows what direction the Titans will go.

If any team stands pat to make do with who they have it might be the 9ers despite the walking disaster that Alex Smith has become. The focus of their owners is all on the new stadium that still isn't a 100% done deal in the worst economy since the 1930s, & they're rumored to go after a pure center in Wisniewski from Penn St., who looks to be a hot early draft OL property, in the 1st b/c Heitmann is done & Baas is needed to replace Chilo Rachal at OG -- Rachal is a project who has failed by any standards, & his benefactor, Singletary, won't be around to protect his job anymore.

Comment

1.) Arizona is NOT a destination for McNabb. Ken Whisenhunt has publically stated his dislike for McNabb. There is just no way Arizona is going the McNabb route.

2.) I think Mike Shanahan will be willing to go the veteran QB route once again, and that could mean trying to win with Rex Grossman and not drafting a QB high. Very possible.

Comment

I think Miami is as big of a "definitely" as you can get considering the turd of season their offense is having, plus they benched Henne for Pennington at one point just before Pennington's annual season ending injury after one series. Also I think Buffalo definitely "needs" as franchise QB, but Fitzpatrick can produce and is a nice player even if he isn't the long term answer so the need at QB isn't an urgent one.

I think Jacksonville is in the same boat as Buffalo, except maybe a little more urgent to find a longterm answer at QB since Garrard is older, but they'll run with him for now until one falls into their lap. Same with Oakland, you know Al Davis isn't gonna draft another first round QB while he's running the team. I don't think Washington is gonna draft a QB after what they invested in McNabb. They'll probably continue rebuilding their OLine and WR corps and then hope McNabb delivers before starting over at QB.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                            I think Miami is as big of a "definitely" as you can get considering the turd of season their offense is having, plus they benched Henne for Pennington at one point just before Pennington's annual season ending injury after one series. Also I think Buffalo definitely "needs" as franchise QB, but Fitzpatrick can produce and is a nice player even if he isn't the long term answer so the need at QB isn't an urgent one.

I think Jacksonville is in the same boat as Buffalo, except maybe a little more urgent to find a longterm answer at QB since Garrard is older, but they'll run with him for now until one falls into their lap. Same with Oakland, you know Al Davis isn't gonna draft another first round QB while he's running the team. I don't think Washington is gonna draft a QB after what they invested in McNabb. They'll probably continue rebuilding their OLine and WR corps and then hope McNabb delivers before starting over at QB.
                            Disagree about J-ville & McNabb as a Redskin.

I think they will try to get as much mileage out of Garrard as possible, & they need other players who can help their underperforming defense to fal into their laps, like run stoppers, rather than a new QB.

And the handwriting was clearly on the wall wth McNabb as a Skin so he was all pouty at "being dissed" by Shanahan, who will want one of a Shanahan signsture His Guy for their franchise QB. The SKins as a habit perfer vets over rookies at any spot, but in a new CBA & reduced revenues yr. like this one teams will try to make do with what they have unless they're looking to draft one of the major marquee names next April there won't be another McNabb available to sign on a 1-yr. like they did him. But they won't renew McNabb, if they have to they will put Rex Grossman back out there, he led a semi-comeback when they were down by several scores in Dallas last weekend in a lackluster game with neither team in playoff contention, so maybe he will be adequate. His track rcd. from Chicago though says otherwise, but he would be preferable to trading away even more of their future as they habitually do to move up for Locker, Mallett, Newton or maybe Luck, those 4 could be beyond their reach.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfreak314 View Post
                              Denver Broncos could be a dark horse candidate because they are getting a new head coach who might not think Tebow could fit his system.
                              I like Tebow but if Luck comes out it will be hard to pass on him. I will say that i highly doubt that Pat Bowlen/Joe Ellis (Or Elway..) hire a GM/Coach who is not pro-Tebow.
                              I head a rumor that Dungy might be interested in GMing and with his ringing endorsement of Tebow last year...Maybe?
                              The point being that I doubt the Broncos draft a 1st round QB (THE DEFENSE IS SOOO BAD), and if they do it is going to be Luck, because everyone after that isn't worth it.
                              Locker looks like a Plummer sort of guy. Mallet reminds me of a less mobile Cutler. Cam Newton? I really have no clue, but Tebow and him are pretty similar players...

Shannahan would love Locker. He is a pretty mobile guy, that Shanny can use like Plummer, plus we know Shanny loves the bootleg..

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information