Podcast 12/21 Forum Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Podcast 12/21 Forum Questions

Post any questions you have here for Scott and I on our Podcast this Tuesday!

Always at 8 PM EST at www.blogtalkradio.com/DraftCountdown

We had a GREAT chat room last week. I hope for that again this week!

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Be sure to get your questions in for tonight!
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Safety position and the Patriots

Hi Scott and Shane,
      As a Patriot fan, I have seen too many times this year Brandon Meriweather take horrific angles on the ball which have lead to big plays by the opposing team. He has also been benched by Belichick a couple of times this year for not playing within the scheme. My question is this, what safeties in this draft could the Patriots look at if they decide to get rid of Meriweather. I am thinking somewhere in the 2nd round or later.

Thanks,
      Mike
      Good or bad, always a cyclone fan

Comment

Shane,

I would like to hear about the actual possibility of Denver taking Patrick Peterson to pair him or replace Champ Bailey with him.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
        The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
        Newton
        South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
        Barely literate +5 swagger
        Thief +15 swagger
        Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
        Big, average speed -3 swagger
        Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
        Total Swagger: 62
        ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Scott/Shane - Assuming Andrew Luck is off the board, which of the remaining big 3 QBs would be the best fit in Shanahans offense and why?

Comment

What do you guys think of Miami RB's Damien Berry and Graig Cooper?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Who are some of the versatile offensive linemen who will be taken in the middle to late rounds who can play several positions?

sig by BK and avy by me
              Originally posted by A Perfect Score
              If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

North Carolinas prospects. So much talent, is it a mirage or they just never got the chance to gel?

Comment

What are some late round sleepers that you think could make an impact in the secondary?

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

I'm a big supporter of Denver going back to the 4-3. What players would be best drafted for a 4-3 scheme for the Broncos? (Particularly MLB, and DT/DE)

Comment

Last call for questions!
                      Scott Wright, President
                      Draft Countdown.com
                      www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Also, the chat room is now open.
                        Scott Wright, President
                        Draft Countdown.com
                        www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Scott,

It seems there are some conflicting opinions on USC center Kris O'Dowd. Where is this guy's draft stock at right now?

Comment

Originally posted by midwestpatsfan View Post
                            Hi Scott and Shane,
                            As a Patriot fan, I have seen too many times this year Brandon Meriweather take horrific angles on the ball which have lead to big plays by the opposing team. He has also been benched by Belichick a couple of times this year for not playing within the scheme. My question is this, what safeties in this draft could the Patriots look at if they decide to get rid of Meriweather. I am thinking somewhere in the 2nd round or later.

Thanks,
                            Mike
                            It depends what they want. A guy like Mark Barron (Junior,) is a worse version of Meriweather, but seems like a type of Patriots player. As for Seniors, I think the two Florida guys could intrigue the Patriots (Hill and Black,) with maybe a later rounder like Joe Lefeged who can contribute on special teams too.

What do you guys think of Miami RB's Damien Berry and Graig Cooper?
                            Scott and I both like Coop. Better NFL player than college player. Senior Bowl could be a huge help to him if he goes (though it isn't favorable to RBs, so don't count on much). I don't think Berry is an NFL talent myself. Durability concerns, speed concerns, not extremely versatile. I wouldn't take him.

Who are some of the versatile offensive linemen who will be taken in the middle to late rounds who can play several positions?
                            Some of my favorites:

Danny Watkins, Baylor - Very athletic, good power, not a lot of experience. He needs some major coaching, but his physical tools set him up as a tackle or guard. Could end up going much earlier.

Lee Ziemba, Auburn and Clint Boling, Georgia - The tiny arms club, should be good guards with possibility at tackle

Darius Morris, Temple - Very versatile, may be a better guard fit, but he has been very stout at Temple.

North Carolinas prospects. So much talent, is it a mirage or they just never got the chance to gel?
                            How many of them played? It is a bit of both. I think Greg Little and Deunta Williams are very legit. Richard Quinn needs the right system and coaching, high bust possibility with how high he will go, but also TREMENDOUS upside as a top NFL pass rusher. Marvin Austin is a mirage, I wouldn't really touch him before the 5th round myself. LB-wise, I like Sturdivant, not as much Carter (especially now with the injuries). I'm still a bit undecided by Burney and Brown, both were overrated before, now perhaps a bit underrated. Will contribute, not be great.

What are some late round sleepers that you think could make an impact in the secondary

Ryan Jones from Northwest Missouri State. Can't say that I have watched a game per say, but hearing some very good things. He intrigues me. Mario Butler from Georgia Tech (who we discussed on the show,) will contribute in some way to an NFL team IMO. As for safeties, I still really like Shiloh Keo from Idaho. He doesn't get the press clippings, but this kid is tough and can make the big play when needed. Dom DeCicco from Pitt is also another contributer, should be a good special teamer and has made some big plays for Pitt's defense.

I'm a big supporter of Denver going back to the 4-3. What players would be best drafted for a 4-3 scheme for the Broncos? (Particularly MLB, and DT/DE)
                            Kind of hit on this in the show. Until we know the full system, we'll see, but a Greg Jones or Nate Irving type in the middle could go a long way. DT will be the way to look I imagine, gathering a Drake Nevis or Christian Ballard in the middle would also be a need for Denver in a 4-3.

It seems there are some conflicting opinions on USC center Kris O'Dowd. Where is this guy's draft stock at right now?
                            His stock is late 2nd-3rd round right now, could even fall to the 4th. Hasn't had his best year, but I am still a big cheerleader for O'Dowd. Big concern is durability for O'Dowd. He doesn't do anything great, but does everything well. Solid strength and footwork. He is smart though, and a great leader on the O-line, that's why I like him so much.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information