Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will We Come to Like This Interior OL Class?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will We Come to Like This Interior OL Class?

So I was looking at the Senior Bowl invite thread and saw the list of interior OL guys going into it. I went in with the idea that this is a weak class stuck in the back of my head because week is the word commonly used to describe this class. I looked and I looked, and I was impressed. There are some pretty good names on that list:

James Carpenter from Alabama
    Ben Ijalana from Villanova
    Kris O'Dowd
    John Moffit
    Pouncey
    Hudson
    Fusco
    Schilling

This looks like a solid group, and I think the first 5 in particular can end up going in the first 3 rounds. I'm particularly a fan of Carpenter, O'Dowd, and Moffitt who have prototype LG/C/LG size and skills respectively...and besides for maybe missing an inch or two in height Ijalana is a beast, and who doesn't like him?

I even think the OT group is underrated too...no one's a freakishly developed athlete like the D'Brick/Thomas/Long/Okung/Smith/Smith/etc. group over the past 5 years, but all are large, skilled, and healthy...plus the merely really good prospects like Albert and Monroe are fine players... then there's the fact that no one knows who will be throwing up what at the combine this year. Should be interesting...this is a really cloudy draft right now and there seems to be alot of room for guys to fly up and down the all powerful boards.

And Wisniewski isn't even on that list.

Comment

I agree I love Ijalana, Boling and Moffitt as steals. I think Marcus Cannon is veryunderated, its not every year you find a 350 Left tackle that moves like him, who is also a very good football player. I also strongly beleive that Sherrod is a guy that has top 10 talent at the LT position but nobody wants to throw an 'elite' title at any of these linemen. Sherrod is going to be the real deal.

Comment

My guess is DeCastro will stay at Stanford barring some last minute mass exodus there, he would have made the group special i think.

Comment

I forgot about Clint Boling...I like him quite a bit too.

Well it was the Senior bowl invites, but I'm not as sure on him as I should be...I like the bigger type Cs and I'm not a Penn state fan for NFL players.

Anyone else a really big fan of James Carpenter? I've heard some say he can play LT, but I really think he can be a dominant LG.
          Last edited by SenorGato; 01-08-2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I like James Carpenter.. think he could play tackle, but you're right in that guard may be his best eventual fit.
            All he did was produce...he may not be a physical freak, or stand out in the passing game, but he is an experienced starter that produced at a high level.. think he goes higher than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
              I'm not a Penn state fan for NFL players.
              I guess you're not a fan of Tamba Hali and Cameron Wake.

Comment

Jason Pinkston
                Danny Watkins

Comment

Bama's OL was nothing special this year. They lost a few guys of the NC squad and they really suffered. Carpenter was a solid player in his two years with the tide, but he wasn't anything special. He might end up starting for somebody at guard but I think his most likely future will be as a backup. He has some versatility and some ability but he isn't an NFL tackle, guard is certainly his best fit but I don't think he will be anything spectacular.

Comment

How did Pouncey look at center down the stretch? He had massive issues early, but did he get any better there? He really becomes a lot more valuable if he can stick there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Pouncey couldn't get the snapping part down all year he must of botched 45 snaps this year at least he was just awful.

But he is a big strong man who can really move well in space he is a tremendous guard prospect

Comment

I'm a big fan of the interior depth this year...not necessarily top tier like an Alex Mack coming out of school but in rounds 3-5 there's gonna be several solid choices

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by underscore View Post
                          Wizzy's too damn light. If he gains some weight, I might consider him as a left guard on a weak line. Otherwise, he'll have to hold himself up while handing out towels in the lockerroom.
                          "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                            I guess you're not a fan of Tamba Hali and Cameron Wake.
                            Why, am I obligated to? Wake plays for the Dolphins so he can go f a goat, and Hali...well good for him.

The guy I think will be rising in the offseason might be Moffitt.

Comment

i like pouncey and cannon for the steelers. i also like hudson, i just dont think hes a good fit for the steelers oline
                              E]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information