Jared Crick Staying In School

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared Crick Staying In School

From Joe Schad's twitter: Big news for Nebraska fans: DT Jared Crick will STAY in school

That's pretty huge for Nebraska and takes away a very good DT that could have entered this year's draft

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Wow that is quite the shocker.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Rarely do players at Nebraska leave early. I think its probably a good decision given all the depth at 3-4 DE this year. He is probably a mid-2nd right now but should be quite easily cemented in the 1st round in 2012 with another good year.

Comment

****. There goes a five technique. Would have been a first rounder or an early second rounder for sure. Not really that big of a surprise though, seems like the type of guy who would want every last year of his eligibility. It's his home state and he's only going to be able to play football there for a limited time.

He'll likely have another really productive year next year. Maybe even get better. Looking WAAAAY ahead, the Senior Bowl should help him too and I'm sure he'll get an invite.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

i think that's a wise choice...his stock kinda fell this year compared to where he was initially projected and he's gotta chance to boost it back up

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I really don't think he's that good. Wise choice by him, if he left early I think he's a fourth round selection.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              i think that's a wise choice...his stock kinda fell this year compared to where he was initially projected and he's gotta chance to boost it back up
              That's not really his fault in my opinion. It was largely just because for some reason he fell under the radar. His level of play actually improved without Suh there and blocking schemes geared more towards him...absolutely dominated the Texas A&M game. Might not be a high first round pick just because he's not the flashiest guy in the world and that's part of why he sort of fell under the radar, but he's a very good defensive linemen. I'm sort of worried the same thing that happened to him this year will happen again next.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Not really a surprise. He didn't have that good of a year, i sure bet he wishes he could have gone out when Suh left, because there went half his production (like i called, for the record...haha). If he would have came out this year, he would have been a late second round pick at best, going anywhere till the bottom of the 3rd. He's probably hoping he can be able to come back and play better so he can boost his stock back up to a 1st to 2nd though its unlikely with what that D's gonna loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman57 View Post
                  Not really a surprise. He didn't have that good of a year, i sure bet he wishes he could have gone out when Suh left, because there went half his production (like i called, for the record...haha). If he would have came out this year, he would have been a late second round pick at best, going anywhere till the bottom of the 3rd. He's probably hoping he can be able to come back and play better so he can boost his stock back up to a 1st to 2nd though its unlikely with what that D's gonna loose.
                  2009, 70 tkls, 9 sacks
                  2010, 70 tkls, 10 sacks

Not sure where the dropoff in production is.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                    2009, 70 tkls, 9 sacks
                    2010, 70 tkls, 10 sacks

Also; 17 TFL for 92 yards this year, 15 TFL for 63 yards last year.

I don't get where this myth of production drop came from. He was better this year with more working against him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

2009, 70 tkls, 9 sacks
                      2010, 70 tkls, 10 sacks

1 more sack? What a scrub!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                        Also; 17 TFL for 92 yards this year, 15 TFL for 63 yards last year.

I don't get where this myth of production drop came from. He was better this year with more working against him.
                        Not sure what the attraction with staying another year in Lincoln is but to each his own i guess. He was a nightmare for the Washington QB in the Holiday Bowl.

Comment

2009, 70 tkls, 9 sacks
                          2010, 70 tkls, 10 sacks

If you watched him, he was not getting the same penetration he did a year ago. He showed that he's going to be a solid DE in a 3-4 or UT, but isn't going to be anything special, and from first round picks, you wnat them to be speciall. Didn't say he was a bad player, i just dont think that he is a first round pick.

Comment

Damn, was definitely looking at him as a future 5-tech for the Pats
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman57 View Post
                              If you watched him, he was not getting the same penetration he did a year ago. He showed that he's going to be a solid DE in a 3-4 or UT, but isn't going to be anything special, and from first round picks, you wnat them to be speciall. Didn't say he was a bad player, i just dont think that he is a first round pick.
                              ...that's because Suh was gone and he wasn't being let free like last year. He was the guy that got double teamed this year and he still made plays. 17+ TFL and 10 sacks out of a defensive tackle while taking the sort of attention he got is absolutely special enough to be worth a first round pick. If anything, to me, he proved more than he did last year by maintaining his level of play without a historically good guy opposite him.
                              Last edited by ElectricEye; 01-11-2011, 08:21 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information