Ahmad Black, S, Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahmad Black, S, Florida

How do you guys seen him? I think he's a great playmaker but I think his size will hurt him and prevent him from playing safety at the next level.

Pros? Cons? Where do you guys think he'll get drafted?

I'd like to see him run well, perhaps he is capable of being a Bob Sanders-like player... otherwise, at the very least he will be a Tyrone Carter type player. I like his versatility and his playmaking ability but I don't think he goes before round 3 due to questions about his size.

Comment

Here is what the site his him on http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...hmad-Black.php

I like him a lot , following Florida . Should be a good late second or early third round pick.

Comment

Playmaker. Sure tackler. Team leader. Great character. Ball hawk.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

BTW I'd like to point out this dude had 110 tackles and 5 INT's this year. That is CRAZY INSANE. If he was 6 feet he'd be a 1st round lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            True football player who doesn't possess all the physical tools you look for but has a huge heart and top-notch intangibles --- Should at least be a quality backup and special teamer at the next level but do not bet against this guy winning a starting job
            Pretty much sums him up. He played strictly as a strong safety (and more like a rover) in his time at Florida, which at only 5'9 is insane. If he can make the transition to FS, play under more control, and learn how to wrap up instead of trying to deliver the big hit, he'll be a quality pro.
            Last edited by yourfavestoner; 01-12-2011, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Playmaker, team leader, sound tackler. The only knock on him is he is the size of a CB. Could be a tweener, but he is a center fielder out there. If he was a bit bigger, people would be talking 1st round.

Comment

he'll be what reggie nelson was supposed to be
                E]

Comment

Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
                  Playmaker. Sure tackler. Team leader. Great character. Ball hawk.
                  One of my favorite prospects in the draft.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I know the guy can play, but the most important thing for him at Mobile this year for him is the weigh in...

Comment

As a Gators alum and Bucs fan, watching Cody Grimm this year made me think Black could so something similar in the NFL.

Comment

He looks like the top centerfielder in this class - better then Moore.

MY S rankings would go

Tate
                        Moore
                        Black
                        McDaniel
                        Teejay Johnson
                        Sash

Comment

I like Black A LOT. Earl Thomas isn't the biggest Safety either, but is a BEAST in the NFL. I'm not saying that Black is ET, I'm just saying....

I wouldn't mind if the Texans drafted him.

Comment

Nickel Back

Comment

Originally posted by Bradentonian View Post
                              Nickel Back

No way... Free Safety.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information