'11 Draft Discussion - Defensive Ends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '11 Draft Discussion - Defensive Ends

These threads were a big success last year and hopefully they will do just as well the second time around. I'll make one for each position group. Each position will come out progressively over the next couple weeks. Now seems like a good time as all the underclassmen have decided and Senior Bowl is just around the corner.

Here's a wide open thread to discuss this years Defensive End class. Post any thoughts or opinions on the DE's: your rankings, who's underrated, who's overrated, break out prospects, sleepers, best fits, etc. This is the place to break down the 2011 DE class.

<3

Comment

1. Bowers
      2. Quinn
      3. Kerrigan
      4. Smith

5. Everybody else, IMO

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

JJ Watt deserves to be considered among the elite DE's in this class right alongside Bowers and Quinn.

Comment

I think Quinn will be the best from this Class.

Comment

1. Da'Quan Bowers, 6-4, 278, Clemson*

2. Robert Quinn, 6-5, 256, North Carolina*

3. Cameron Heyward, 6-6, 287, Ohio State

4. Adrian Clayborn, 6-3, 282, Iowa

5. Justin Houston, 6-3, 260, Georgia *

6. Ryan Kerrigan, 6-4, 263, Purdue

7. Cameron Jordan, 6-4, 285, California

8. Aldon Smith, 6-5, 255, Missouri#

9. J.J. Watt, 6-6, 292, Wisconsin*

10. Jabaal Sheard, 6-4, 260, Pitt

Comment

I <3 quinn

Comment

I want Romeus to the Eagles late in the draft.

Will he be ready for Pitt's pro day?

I don't know why anybody would touch Quinn in the first round when he hasn't played football in a year. This was my same problem with Dez Bryant, but he actually saw a couple games.

Comment

Can we clarify the topic?
                  Defensive Ends are pretty broad, maybe make it 3-4 or 4-3?

Comment

Originally posted by DBNYDP View Post
                    Probably worth having two threads here, absolutely worth having two threads for OLB. The problem may be that overlap between your 5-tech DEs and your DTs is pretty good. "How to separate the 3-4 and the 4-3 positions" is an open problem in draftnikdom, increasingly problematic since it seems that like half the league has a 3-4 now.

Comment

Cameron Jordan is going to go very high.

He is awfully good.

Comment

Originally posted by DBNYDP View Post
                        I could but I don't think its too necessary. It doesn't need to be too specific. There's nothing here holding you back from ranking/discussing guys in who fit in a 3-4 or 4-3. I guess there could be some overlap into the DT and OLB threads but honestly that's not that big of a concern imo. Also, this class in particular is a little different in that fact that there are more DE's who can play in the 4-3 and the 3-4 opposed to having more tall DT's who'll be moved to the 5-technique.

Comment

Allen Bailey seems like the most interesting.

Either people really like him or hate him. Add the fact he's a tweener makes him an even bigger enigma.

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                            I want Romeus to the Eagles late in the draft.

Will he be ready for Pitt's pro day?

I don't know why anybody would touch Quinn in the first round when he hasn't played football in a year. This was my same problem with Dez Bryant, but he actually saw a couple games.
                            Iunno about you, but I thought Dez Bryant was awesome and just hitting a groove when he went down.

That said, here's hoping he falls.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              JJ Watt deserves to be considered among the elite DE's in this class right alongside Bowers and Quinn.
                              Agreed. My bad.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information