Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which 3-4 End's are Likely to Drop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which 3-4 End's are Likely to Drop?

    It seems like there are a bunch of guys that could play 3-4 End in this draft that are currently 1st round prospects. However, I just don't see that many of them going in the 1st. I know its early, and a lot could change after workouts, but which guys are most likely to drop to the 2nd round?

    Heyward
    Jordan
    Bailey
    Watt
    Clayborne

    Probably missed a couple others......

    Edit: Can a mod change the title to "Which"
    Last edited by Captain Canuck; 01-16-2011, 12:07 PM.

  • #2
    I don't think Clayborn projects as a 3-4 defensive end. I think at this point Dareus, Heyward, Jordan, and Watt are first-round locks. I think Bailey will go in the first-round too. Depth isn't too good, so teams in the second round might have to settle for a guy like Pernell McPhee or Jarvis Jenkins.

    Comment


    • #3
      Jarvis Jenkins is a guy that's really underrated right now. I know that Scott just gave him a 2nd-3rd round grade (which imo is correct), but I haven't seen that a lot of places. I think he could end up as a fantastic 5-tech in the NFL. I'd rather have him in the second round than Marcel Dareus in the first.

      Originally posted by ElectricEye
      I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

      Comment


      • #4
        Where do you guys see Wilkerson from Temple being drafted?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
          Where do you guys see Wilkerson from Temple being drafted?
          If he has a good offseason I could see him sneaking into the first round...

          Originally posted by ElectricEye
          I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
            Where do you guys see Wilkerson from Temple being drafted?
            2-3 with a shot at 1 if his workouts go really well...I like this guy, though I don't think he's strong enough yet.

            Christian Ballard might not go in the first, so I guess I'll say him.

            Dareus could fall out of the 5-10 range he's been hyped at for a while.
            Last edited by SenorGato; 01-16-2011, 01:23 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't know, but I do know one thing. Cam Jordan is the 2nd best defensive lineman in the draft after Fairley. That dude is a baller in every sense of the word and will change the 3-4 DE position in the NFL.

              Look for him to go top 10. Hopefully to Dallas.

              Comment


              • #8
                Adrian Clayborn is the name that comes to mind. It wouldn't surprise me to see him go in the mid-2nd.

                Comment


                • #9
                  edit: Ignore that. I somehow read Cam Heyward.
                  **** her in da *****!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                    Adrian Clayborn is the name that comes to mind. It wouldn't surprise me to see him go in the mid-2nd.
                    Agree...he just didn't bring it to the level that we've seen in the past and stamina became a big question mark with him as well...he's still a nice talent and gives it his all but just didn't give us the season that most were hoping for or expecting


                    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      JJ Watt is the best 3-4 End in this class, followed by Jordan from Cal. I think you will see a few go in the 10-20 range, and some falling into late 20's - early 2nd. The best ones that would be in this discussion are : Watt, Heyward, Jordan, Bailey, Clayborn, etc.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by descendency View Post
                        edit: Ignore that. I somehow read Cam Heyward.

                        Agree. Teams are going to fall in love with Heyward. He is a solid player who plays hard every week and will represent an organization in a very good manner. He is also incredibly versatile, he can line up all over the place. I've watched him for 4 years and whatever team gets him is getting a really solid player.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          JJ Watt is overrated to me. I don't see how some people can label him as the best 3-4 DE this offseason. He's got a motor but that's about it. I watched his tape vs tOSU and he was always a step behind the play. Yes he made plays but I don't see this guy being a consistent playmaker in a 3-4 system unless he's drafted by Pittsburgh or NYJ. Maybe even Baltimore but I would definitely take Dareus, Jordan or Bailey before Watt.

                          Here's my 3-4 DE rankings:

                          1. Dareus
                          2. Jordan
                          3. Bailey
                          4. Clayborn
                          5. Heyward
                          6. Watt

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TheRoo View Post
                            Agree. Teams are going to fall in love with Heyward. He is a solid player who plays hard every week and will represent an organization in a very good manner. He is also incredibly versatile, he can line up all over the place. I've watched him for 4 years and whatever team gets him is getting a really solid player.
                            I actually said something close to the opposite.

                            I agree that he can be amazing at times, but at times I just don't see him do anything, even when I am watching a game just to see him. His pass rushing disappears in games. I just don't love what I see in games all of the time and that to me is a second round grade.
                            **** her in da *****!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by descendency View Post
                              I actually said something close to the opposite.

                              I agree that he can be amazing at times, but at times I just don't see him do anything, even when I am watching a game just to see him. His pass rushing disappears in games. I just don't love what I see in games all of the time and that to me is a second round grade.

                              He isn't a great pass rusher all the time no disagreement here. However, he is always solid against the run and always plays hard. Many of the teams we played against max protected to his side a lot of the time as well. He was a big reason OSU's defense was as good as it was.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information