Von Miller - The Real Deal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Miller - The Real Deal?

How good is this guy? Where do you guys project him to go? Scouting report? I haven't seen much of him so any info is appreciated. I find it interesting Scott has him as the 9th best prospect.

Can he play OLB in a 34 aswell as ILB? If true that's great versatility. D coordinator dream.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

I think he's going to be a huge bust, especially in a 3-4. NFL offensive tackles will have there way with him.

Comment

looks like he could be comparable to lawerence timmons. hes quite a boom or bust. hes VERY athletic and if unblocked he will get to the QB. but at this point i dont think hes #9 material

Comment

This guy is extremely fast off the edge but he has NO MOVES. He tried to blow by everyone in college and once they finally realized that's all he has, he became blockable.

Didn't he go like a ton of games without a sack this year? I label him a BUST!!! Will measure and time well but his lack of moves will hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by cajuncorey View Post
          looks like he could be comparable to lawerence timmons. hes quite a boom or bust. hes VERY athletic and if unblocked he will get to the QB. but at this point i dont think hes #9 material
          I like this comparison as well.

I don't care for him as a 3-4 OLB. He's got good size, he's aggressive and is a great athlete but I wouldn't count on him being able to get a consistent pass rush. He's a one trick pony who has no power and no counter moves. Where I do like him is as a WLB in an aggressive 4-3 defense or possibly as an ILB in a 3-4.
          Last edited by TACKLE; 03-18-2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

43 WLB.

If he's unblocked, he can explode.

When he's blocked, he has among the worst counter moves in college FB.

He's very good in zone coverage.

Has solid instincts.

I have a mid to late 2nd round grade on him because I don't think he can shed blockers or tackle. He's a little on the light side and his core strength is abysmal in my opinion. Can't bull-rush well. Can't hold the edge.

That said, in the right system, he may explode. In the wrong system, he'll waste 3-4 years.

Maybe you could give him a first round grade if you feel you can play him in the right system.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Where do you guys think he'll go? Late second round?

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
                Where do you guys think he'll go? Late second round?
                After the combine, i think most people will have him as a top 10 lock. The guy has great physical skills. So, I'm going top 10.

edit: I just want to make this clear, I think he will fly up boards after the combine, but whether he should or not is another debate and one I clearly don't think the answer is yes.
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                  After the combine, i think most people will have him as a top 10 lock. The guy has great physical skills. So, I'm going top 10.

edit: I just want to make this clear, I think he will fly up boards after the combine, but whether he should or not is another debate and one I clearly don't think the answer is yes.
                  oh gee, i didnt even think he would be that high last year. Then again this is definitely a weaker class overall. I still think he would be toward the later spots of the first round with the boom or bust factor coupled with the lack of production (he was injured apparently).

Comment

Von Miller is what Aaron Maybin would have been had he gone back to school. I really don't like him as a pro prospect.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I think Miller is definitely the real deal. He didn't go a ton of games without getting a sack as someone mentioned.

The only games he didn't manage to get any sacks was really only the first 4 games when he was battling through the ankle injury. He managed to rack up 10 sacks and 16 TFL's in the remaining 9 games.

He was unstoppable against Oklahoma and showed how physical he can be in stopping the run when he managed to stop the Sooners twice that game with goalline stands. Firing off the ball low, slipping blocks, and stuffing DeMarco Murray in the backfield.

The only real competition he has in the 1st round is Justin Houston, who managed to go 6 games this year without a sack. And if you watched Houston against Georgia Tech, he didn't look good to me trying to stop that triple option attack.

Reminded me of how bad Sean Weatherspoon looked last year trying to stop that triple option attack of Navy's in the bowl game.

Von Miller runs some of the best offensive tackles flat out ragged trying to stop him, including Russell Okung last year.

To me, Von Miller is the real deal. Nobody can match his speed, burst, acceleration, athleticism, first step, and snap anticipation. All he needs is to learn some counter moves.... but so did Brian Orakpo coming out of college.

He'll tear the combine up. I'm curious to see what his shuttle times are going to be... I have a feeling they could be legendary. His COD skills are insane.

Comment

I want Von Miller on the Cowboys at #9. I guess that's why JustDez posted this thread. Absolutely love him and think he would be insane in Rob Ryan's defense. Put him at ILB or OLB, mix it up, disguise where the blitz is coming from. The guy is simply a weapon. I bet he'll run the fastest LB timed 40. His COD skills are incredible as already mentioned, his ability to drop back in coverage is good, but his closing speed is what impresses me most.

I think he's got work to do against the run, as he's been prone to over run the play or rush too far outside leaving an inside lane open. But yeah, I like him as a 3-4 ILB... or OLB.

Comment

No comment on my opinion of Von, but in multiple posts in this thread people said that he is awesome if unblocked. I could be awesome if unblocked. What a stupid point to make.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

He's a perfect strong side rush linebacker. I suppose he could play the strong side MLB in a 4-3, but it wouldn't be his most natural fit.

Put him on the right side of the field, he's the kind of guy that could drop back or rush the passer. Think James Harrison (without the attitude) or DeMarcus Ware (but shorter). He's #10 in my wishlist of the available overall talent.
                            "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                              No comment on my opinion of Von, but in multiple posts in this thread people said that he is awesome if unblocked. I could be awesome if unblocked. What a stupid point to make.
                              You're right. You should also include his quickness makes him hard to block.
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information