Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Mock Draft Out On NFL.com by Charles Davis

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e-top-10-picks

Davis and Mayock usually work together on the NFL Network on 'Path to the Draft"

Mayock also discusses the QB class in no particular order: Newton, Gabbert, Locker, Dalton and Mallet.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-senior...ck-on-QB-class
    And proud of it!!!

I thought it was decent until I saw New Orleans taking Ryan Mallett.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Exploder View Post
      I thought it was decent until I saw New Orleans taking Ryan Mallett.
      Maybe they're going to try to convert him to the slowest-footed receiver in the league.

Comment

Interesting draft there by the pros .I could see SF still picking a CB .Dunno if Locker falls into the second round be he might and that would be ideal I think for SF maybe who knows. Gotta wait until after next week.

Comment

Mallett to the Saints? That has to be one of the worse mock picks I have ever seen

Comment

Really bad mock. Davis is notorious for horrible mocks, though. He has zero idea of any team's needs or tendencies, and really doesn't know any of the prospects. He puts out the worst mock every year.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
              Really bad mock. Davis is notorious for horrible mocks, though. He has zero idea of any team's needs or tendencies, and really doesn't know any of the prospects. He puts out the worst mock every year.
              LOL!!

I like Davis on NFL Network, but his mocks are no better than mine. More emphasis on BPA and less on team needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                Mallett to the Saints? That has to be one of the worse mock picks I have ever seen
                Well, I'm guessing that the thought process here was something along the lines of "sitting for three years worked wonders for Aaron Rodgers' career, and Drew Brees just completed the fifth year of a six year deal, so they could always pull a Drew Brees/Philip Rivers situation with Drew Brees/Ryan Mallett". Though, Brees is only about 33 years old, and I can't imagine the Saints not resigning him as soon as they have the opportunity.

It's probably not the worst mock draft pick I can imagine, since there are scenarios under which it makes sense, but it's not a very good one.

Comment

Saints are going to re-sign Brees to a deal mirroring that of Brady's. They've already stated as much. Brees can be the N.O. for another 5-6 years easily as long as his play doesn't slip so a 1st rd QB doesn't fit. If Brees were 35-36 right now, maybe.

Comment

Anyone else rub one out to the Mayock vid?
                    I want a sig.

Comment

I hate the Broncos getting Peterson when Dareus and Fairley are still on the board.
                      Defensive Line is the issue, the secondary has some promise and plenty of depth in this draft if you want to get some more talent.

Comment

He has Locker dropping out of the 1st round too. Only way that happens is if he bombs the Senior Bowl badly...evidently Charles feels he's going to. He had Mallett to the Saints...why not Locker to the Steelers?

Comment

Well, the Chiefs pick is pretty good...

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
                            He has Locker dropping out of the 1st round too. Only way that happens is if he bombs the Senior Bowl badly...evidently Charles feels he's going to. He had Mallett to the Saints...why not Locker to the Steelers?
                            I think you're too high on Jake Locker. I look at it like the same situation with Tim Tebow last year. The only way he's going in the 1st round is if a team really falls in love with him. I don't think the demand for QB's is as great as a lot of people make it out to be, and I think there is a fair chance that possibly only 2 of the top 4 QB's will actually go into the 1st round.

But I guess we'll see when the draft day comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Exploder View Post
                              I think you're too high on Jake Locker. I look at it like the same situation with Tim Tebow last year. The only way he's going in the 1st round is if a team really falls in love with him. I don't think the demand for QB's is as great as a lot of people make it out to be, and I think there is a fair chance that possibly only 2 of the top 4 QB's will actually go into the 1st round.

But I guess we'll see when the draft day comes.
                              The differance physically between Locker and Tebow is huge. Tebow had terrible mechanics and a less than average arm for the NFL. Locker has the same size, better mechanics, arm and speed and equal character.

I think you underestimate the number ot teams that are hurting at QB. When Joe Webb, Rex Grossman and Charlie Whitehurst start an NFL game there are problems out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information