This Year's Roger Saffold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Year's Roger Saffold?

Who is this years Robert Saffold? An OLmen that dominates the post season and shows that he was under valued in college.

I am throwing the name Marcus Gilbert [Florida] out there as a possibility.

-At 6'6" 1/2 and 329lbs he has the size to play OG or OT.

-He has experience at multiple positions.

-He has looked very good in the Senior Bowl and shown that he can play OT.

Gilbert needs to show a stronger punch.

I am a fan however.

Comment

I would say Danny Watkins for sure if he wasn't 27. He had a great season and has been the best O-Lineman at Senior Bowl so far.
      Last edited by TACKLE; 01-26-2011, 12:41 AM.

Comment

I was gonna say Gilbert when I saw the thread title so.... never mind.

Comment

Stay away from my lineman :(

edit: by "my" I mean the guy I was mocking to the Patriots months ago to play RT though, I think he could play LT.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

IDK what happened to him because he wasn't even at East/West Shrine after being announced to go, but it could have been Zach Hurd fron UConn. The guy is beyond big, he's just massive. He would have measured every bit of 6,7 and welllll over 300 pounds and id assume would even be giving Cam Jordan a hard time. Its just physics.

Comment

Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
              IDK what happened to him because he wasn't even at East/West Shrine after being announced to go, but it could have been Zach Hurd fron UConn. The guy is beyond big, he's just massive. He would have measured every bit of 6,7 and welllll over 300 pounds and id assume would even be giving Cam Jordan a hard time. Its just physics.
              Physics? Do you read before you post?

I live in CT. Hurd is a career back-up at guard. He may be a bad starter for an awful team. that's about it.

Keep listening to todd mcshay bro.... LOLZZZ.

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                Physics? Do you read before you post?

I live in CT. Hurd is a career back-up at guard. He may be a bad starter for an awful team. that's about it.

Keep listening to todd mcshay bro.... LOLZZZ.
                No offense or anything, but that was a pretty asshole post. If you have Zach Hurds career mapped out for him, I don't really a give a ****. Keep posting from your moms basement bro...LOLZZZZ.

Comment

Ben Ijalana from Villanova will be a starting OT his rookie season IMO.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                    Stay away from my lineman :(

edit: by "my" I mean the guy I was mocking to the Patriots months ago to play RT though, I think he could play LT.
                    Do you see him making a push to the late 1st early 2nd?

I have been very impressed and if he can really play OG as well at 6'6" 330lbs. he will have the versatility that teams picking late in rounds love.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      I would say Danny Watkins for sure if he wasn't 27. He had a great season and has been the best O-Lineman at Senior Bowl so far.
                      I came on here expecting to see Watkins mentioned for sure and was going to jump on the first guy that said his name... but then you said the same thing I was going to say. 27. Overaged prospect on the OL and DL just don't do it for me... I don't think they've ever done it for anyone in the NFL either. Those extra 3-5 years really makes a difference in terms of power, strength, speed, agility, maturity, and intelligence. Gaines Adams was effectively a 6th year senior when he dominated the ACC, and was as old as a true senior when he started his first ever game at the end of the year... the warning was on the wall when the Bucs drafted him.

Comment

Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
                        No offense or anything, but that was a pretty asshole post. If you have Zach Hurds career mapped out for him, I don't really a give a ****. Keep posting from your moms basement bro...LOLZZZZ.
                        Actually, i'm in college. Your one of the worst posters here.

Comment

James Carpenter and James Brewer have both looked pretty good.

Watkins is mean nasty, third round despite the age.
                          Patriots Draft 2015
                          1. CB - Marcus Peters
                          2. WR - Sammie Coates
                          3. RB - David Johnson
                          3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                          4. OG - Tre Jackson
                          4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                          5. LB - Ben Heeney
                          6. TE - Wes Saxton
                          7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

Marcus Gilbert. Several people have said so in recent weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                              Marcus Gilbert. Several people have said so in recent weeks.
                              Can Gilbert climb towards the 1st round?

Because right now most sites have him as a 3rd-5th round pick?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information